VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

Therapor have you been in contact with JIMMI recently? or can we assume he has gone completely AWOL

he surfaced again via PM and said he was reposting my downpipe etc, so he's still about

khurrado.... anyone know where the fella has dissapeared to?

by Johnboy98 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:43 am

He hasnt visited the forum for a couple of weeks now I presume hes on holiday or something, anyone happen to know of his whereabouts as i bought a switch for my electric windows around a month ago now and really could do with it now its hotting up a bit.

WHERE HAVE YOU GONE khurrado........................

A month for Khurrado is about the going rate it seems Johnboy98 (thats if you get it at all !) I bought a piece of interior trim from him which took well over a month to come and lots of emails, what a carry on.......never again.

A month for Khurrado is about the going rate it seems Johnboy98 (thats if you get it at all !) I bought a piece of interior trim from him which took well over a month to come and lots of emails, what a carry on.......never again.

That is concerning but thanks for the heads up shawshankkid

Same here and still waiting.

avoid daz vr .....................total and utter timewaster!!!!

the sub 20k clocks I had for sale he said he would take............anyway he said he sent off a cheque 13th of June...........no sign whatsoever of it,then he said he'll cancel that one and send off a fresh cheque this time registered post...........guess what no sign yet!!.........after numerous pm's to him asking whats happening he hasn't even the decency to respond to them to let me know...........he seems to be after just about everything and anything that comes up for sale too so be careful and never send anything til you have full payment as to be honest I wouldn't trust him one bit..TOTAL AND UTTER TIMEWASTER!!!!!

Jimmi hasn't been mentioned on this fresh page yet, so here is his name, rightly on here (again).

well, another month has passed, he's picked up my PMs, but not replied....

it's really more trouble than it's worth to deal with him

['H3R4POR]Jimmi hasn't been mentioned on this fresh page yet, so here is his name, rightly on here (again).

well, another month has passed, he's picked up my PMs, but not replied....

it's really more trouble than it's worth to deal with him

after convincing myself the mythical downpipe didn't exist what should arrive on my doorstep today?

It seems the T70 saga is at an end!

cheers

I don't like doing this but I'm getting really anoyed at Peter Munns.

I sent him loads of pm's which he has not read or replied to, he's cashed the cheque for £20 I sent him for a Front Grill over a month ago. This has gone on for 2 months now.

I wonder if I'll see the £20 or the front gill ?......

I got the Grill from Peter on Saturday. Thanks Peter

Well here goes, I feel I have been left no choice but to post up on here the situation I have been left in concerning the purchase of a set of "Porsche" twist wheels from blue_joe. They were advertised as having no damage at all. Since I returned from holiday, I have been trying to contact him now for two weeks but have not heard a dickie bird from him.

When he posted up that he was breaking his rado for parts back in end of June, I Pm'ed him to say that I would buy them and he agreed on the sale. I paid for the wheels in three installements which I appreciated blue_joe letting me do. I contacted him after the last payment was made to arrange for the wheels to be packaged up ready for collection by courier. I was told he was away from home working and would be back in two weeks. I waited patiently and eventually after trying to contact him several times after the time he said he would be back home and in a position to get the wheels ready for collection, we arranged for the wheels to be collected. There were "problems" with the corier collection, with the courier blaming blue_joe for missed collections and blue_joe blaming the courier etc. Finally I got the wheels delivered to my local depot and I collected them a day before I was due to leave the UK for my holiday.

On getting the wheels home, I unwrapped them to find that each of the wheels had AT LEAST one or more buckles in the outer rim and a couple of the wheels had kerbing marks. This was clearly not damage that had been caused in transit by the courier and was caused (according to an alloy wheel refurbishment company by the wheels being subject to contact with potholes and / or kerbs). I took pictures of each of the damaged wheels and immediately contacted blue_joe to advise him I was not happy with the condition of the wheels and that they were damaged and had been damaged prior to them having been sent to me. He assured me that the wheels were in perfect condition and not like that when they left him, perhaps they had been damaged in transit ?? (not posible due to the way the wheels were well packaged and protected, and the fact that the courier uses a particular method of transporting them which could not result in any such damage).

He asked me to send the pics of the damage to him which I duly did (have records of these pictures). Over the next week or so I tried to contact him several times and on several occasions he did not get in touch when we had arranged a time to discuss the situatuion. When he finally got back to me he maintained that the wheels had not left his possesion like that but he agreed / promised to pay for the wheels to be repaired, at his cost including getting the wheels picked up and re-delivered back to me after being repaired. I agreed to get quotes for the wheels to be be repaired by several different companies and then get in touch with these details so he could then make payment to me for the repairs and courier charges.

In the very first place, this was not something I really wanted to have to deal with during my holiday and should not have had to either, but having spent that much cash on these wheels I felt I needed the assurance that things would be sorted out when I returned, as these wheels were the finishing touch to the exterior of my rado.I was a little bit happier at this and assumed that things would be sorted when I returned to the UK. However, I was mistaken. The day after I returned to the UK, as agreed, I got quotes for the repairs and started to get in touch with blue_joe to advise him of the costs and to arrange to get things sorted out. I have now been trying to contact him for two weeks, I have sent several texts (every few days) and have called around ten times and left messages for him to get in touch. Each time the phone has just rang out and gone straight to voicemail, with no attempt being made to return my calls or texts. So I have been left with a set of damaged wheels (amongst other issues) which I have paid £1000 for and have now got to find £200 to get repaired BEFORE I can even get them onto my rado !!

I am very disappointed at the lack of communication and contact from blue_joe and am extremely frustrated and annoyed. The fact is that the promise to pay for the repairs has not been honoured. I have no other form of daily transport and I cannot use my rado till these wheels have been repaired as I do not have another spare set, and moreover, I do not see why I should have to pay for the repairs myself as I have paid £1000 for a set of wheels that were not as described (more on this if required later). And in addition I don't need this hassle at the moment when my mum is in hospital having a serious operation, I could really do with without this.......... I can only hope that there is some very good reason for the lack of contact or that blue_joe's conscience gets the better of him and that this situation gets rectified ASAP. I really did not expect for this outcome in the course of this sale, especially as the seller is a long-standing and respected forum member.....

Cheers

Also, it would seem I am not alone in having this opinion / experience with / about blue_joe having spoken to another forum member who has had a similar experience with parts he bought from him. Can only hope this get sorted now ASAP. Has any other forum members had any sort of problems with blue_joe recently over parts they have bought etc ?

EDIT: The plot thickens, it would appear......I have had a PM from another forum member who bought parts that were not as described and who also confirmed that last time he saw blue_joe's car the wheels I bought were on it and were kerbed then (this is well before I bought them and received them), so he did know about the damage before he sold the wheels to me and then lied about it..........

Hmmmn, it seems that blue_joe is keeping a very low profile around here there days, (as well as not answering calls or texts to his mobile), am still wondering if other forum members who bought parts off him when he broke his rado for spares had problems ?

On getting the wheels home, I unwrapped them to find that each of the wheels had AT LEAST one or more buckles in the outer rim and a couple of the wheels had kerbing marks. This was clearly not damage that had been caused in transit by the courier and was caused (according to an alloy wheel refurbishment company by the wheels being subject to contact with potholes and / or kerbs). I took pictures of each of the damaged wheels and immediately contacted blue_joe to advise him I was not happy with the condition of the wheels and that they were damaged and had been damaged prior to them having been sent to me. He assured me that the wheels were in perfect condition and not like that when they left him, perhaps they had been damaged in transit ?? (not posible due to the way the wheels were well packaged and protected, and the fact that the courier uses a particular method of transporting them which could not result in any such damage).

He asked me to send the pics of the damage to him which I duly did (have records of these pictures). Over the next week or so I tried to contact him several times and on several occasions he did not get in touch when we had arranged a time to discuss the situatuion. When he finally got back to me he maintained that the wheels had not left his possesion like that but he agreed / promised to pay for the wheels to be repaired, at his cost including getting the wheels picked up and re-delivered back to me after being repaired. I agreed to get quotes for the wheels to be be repaired by several different companies and then get in touch with these details so he could then make payment to me for the repairs and courier charges.

In the very first place, this was not something I really wanted to have to deal with during my holiday and should not have had to either, but having spent that much cash on these wheels I felt I needed the assurance that things would be sorted out when I returned, as these wheels were the finishing touch to the exterior of my rado.I was a little bit happier at this and assumed that things would be sorted when I returned to the UK. However, I was mistaken. The day after I returned to the UK, as agreed, I got quotes for the repairs and started to get in touch with blue_joe to advise him of the costs and to arrange to get things sorted out. I have now been trying to contact him for two weeks, I have sent several texts (every few days) and have called around ten times and left messages for him to get in touch. Each time the phone has just rang out and gone straight to voicemail, with no attempt being made to return my calls or texts. So I have been left with a set of damaged wheels (amongst other issues) which I have paid £1000 for and have now got to find £200 to get repaired BEFORE I can even get them onto my rado !!

I am very disappointed at the lack of communication and contact from blue_joe and am extremely frustrated and annoyed. The fact is that the promise to pay for the repairs has not been honoured. I have no other form of daily transport and I cannot use my rado till these wheels have been repaired as I do not have another spare set, and moreover, I do not see why I should have to pay for the repairs myself as I have paid £1000 for a set of wheels that were not as described (more on this if required later). And in addition I don't need this hassle at the moment when my mum is in hospital having a serious operation, I could really do with without this.......... I can only hope that there is some very good reason for the lack of contact or that blue_joe's conscience gets the better of him and that this situation gets rectified ASAP. I really did not expect for this outcome in the course of this sale, especially as the seller is a long-standing and respected forum member.....

Cheers

Sorry to hear what happened chap,but:

To tell the truth if I was going to pay £1k on a set of 2nd hand wheels Id pick them up in person,did you not see any decent photos of what you were getting?

I saw the photos of the wheels from the original advert and they looked fine, and there was also no mention of damage at all in the advert. I guess I would have collected them in person, but he did live 400 miles away and have used the same couriers to collect / deliver items for over two years with no problems, including buying several set of wheels from all over the UK with no problems with the items.

I guess I am just unlucky that the seller blue_joe / Sam Empson has been dishonest in his description of the wheels and in failingto dishonour his agreement to repair the wheels and sort the situation out. It's a nasty situation to be in but look as though I have no comeback and will just have to absorb the costs of the repairs myself and wait till I have these done till I can use my car (as have no other transport) as it seems Sam is totally not bothered one bit now he has my money. I really did think more of him as a forum member and (now ex) rado owner, but obviously I was wrong.

Seems a real shame that people like this cause a bad name in the VAG scene, by selling items that are not as described for large sums of cash then washing their hands of any responsibility or even conscience when a problem with such item is reported to them, even though they have made an agreement to reimburse the buyer.

Cheers

Sad to see this kind of thing happen,especially after forking out over 1000 squids.

Big judge,if you were nearer to me i'd give you a spare set of alloys to roll around on mate,hope it works out for you positivly.

Well, well, I put up an identical post about blue_joe and this wheels business over on edition38 and it got deleted after a few hours, with no explanation or apology.........

What did you really expect mate.. why cross forums with this problem just go down and see Sam if need be!

Well Darren, I expected Sam to have some sort of conscience and do the decent thing and pay me what he has promised to srt the wheels I bought in good faith from a supposedly respected forum member.........and the reason I am posting this in other forums is to try and hopefully make him feel guilty enough to reimburse me for the repair cost. I think it''s important that other forum members (not just from here) know about my experience, and to warn others who might be considering buying, for example, his engine etc. It's a shame that one cannot express their experience or opinions in a public forum without thier post being deleted........I am more than entitled to post about what has happened here, although it seems that other "powers that be" are not of the same opinion, which is very disappointing.

And trust me, if I had Sam's address (only have his old one as he has conveniently just moved house),perhaps I would be paying him a visit !

I am disappointed with your comment and attitude Darren, thanks a lot for the useful and sympathetic comment :roll:

LOL, great, and now my Dubforce post about this experience has been locked !

It's a shame that one cannot express their experience or opinions in a public forum without thier post being deleted........

I can't see any reason why people have a problem with this issue. You've tried your best to contact the guy and he's now strangely conspicuous by his absence, which leaves you no other option.

There's nothing you've said or done that is lock or delete worthy. Good luck sorting this out.

Well Darren, I expected Sam to have some sort of conscience and do the decent thing and pay me what he has promised to srt the wheels I bought in good faith from a supposedly respected forum member.........and the reason I am posting this in other forums is to try and hopefully make him feel guilty enough to reimburse me for the repair cost. I think it''s important that other forum members (not just from here) know about my experience, and to warn others who might be considering buying, for example, his engine etc. It's a shame that one cannot express their experience or opinions in a public forum without thier post being deleted........I am more than entitled to post about what has happened here, although it seems that other "powers that be" are not of the same opinion, which is very disappointing.

And trust me, if I had Sam's address (only have his old one as he has conveniently just moved house),perhaps I would be paying him a visit !

I am disappointed with your comment and attitude Darren, thanks a lot for the useful and sympathetic comment :roll:

LOL, great, and now my Dubforce post about this experience has been locked !

Struan, I feel for you in whats happened but it honestly isnt going to help you cross posting on other forums. you have the perfect place here to express your misfortune and i suspect you also bought the wheels from this forum. This is also the only forum that has a bad sellers section which is why i felt it would be best to keep it here.

Struan, I feel for you in whats happened but it honestly isnt going to help you cross posting on other forums. you have the perfect place here to express your misfortune and i suspect you also bought the wheels from this forum. This is also the only forum that has a bad sellers section which is why i felt it would be best to keep it here.

That’s BS, if the guy has blatantly mis-sold something that’s not as described wouldn’t you want others to know? Regardless of forum?

How can you confine a seller whos been ripped off to a single forum but not the buyer?

How would you feel if you bought the fella’s engine of a different forum and it turned out to be crock of s**te? Especially if you found out that he had mis-sold stuff on other forums.

Why is it that the mods removed the post? Surely they should give the seller a chance to respond instead?

Thinks it wrong, what about the guy who gets ripped off? after all were not talking about chump change, £1000 + £200 repair bill is a lot of money by anyone’s standards.

BigTartanJudge if you have no luck, I would consider the following:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

The reason it wont help is because this is the only forum that allows naming and shaming so although i agree you would perhaps want others to know the posts will just be taken down (Hence it being no help)