VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

The reason it wont help is because this is the only forum that allows naming and shaming so although i agree you would perhaps want others to know the posts will just be taken down (Hence it being no help)

What about posts asking him to contact you? Forums can't complain about that can they?

I'm not convinced of the merits either way of naming+shaming, but if you feel like you've been stitched up by a known and respected forum member who won't talk to you any more, you want to try and get in touch with them in as many ways as possible ..

One of the difficulties with 2nd hand sales like this is item descriptions. It may well be that blue_joe just didn't notice the buckles in the rims when he was driving around on them, but since he described the items as "perfect" when he hadn't thoroughly checked them he's clearly in the wrong. And if he still maintains that the shipping company damaged them he could at least help in claiming the damages back from the insurance .. (you did take out insurance right...??).

I bought a set of speedlines on ebay once (from no-one related to the forum I hasten to add), as they were described as "perfect", and ONE photo was provided of a clean wheel. The seller claimed, when asked, that all the others were just as good as this one, so I bid, I won, I went over to pick them up .. found that one of the four was tatty as hell - lots of bubbles lots of corrosion, and a small dent in the rim. He was adamant that I was being an arse for refusing to buy them and accused me of being a time waster till I pointed out the trade descriptions act ...

This site is superb for allowing freedom of speech and "naming and shaming". I have had issues with the site that Struan had his post deleted from that left me feeling severely hacked off. I had an issue with a seller (not, I hasten to add blue-joe) on that particular forum that saw me paying for some brakes that he then proceeded to sell to someone else for more money. I posted on the site that I had bought the good and my post was locked and subsequently deleted, all attempts at getting some justification from the Mods was totally ignored.

Corrado Forum in 'not the anti-Christ' shocker :nuts:

Could we keep the discussion to Struan and his problem with the seller and not a discussion about the pros and cons of other forums please. I'd suggest raising the issue on their board(s) if you feel it's necessary.

Ta

I hate to do this.

Id like to describe the following situation i am having with andy_vw and his uprated lighting looms. (See this thread)

I was 1st contacted by Andy_vw on 02/07 saying i was top of the list and did i want a loom? I agreed to purchase one and after an initial problem with my paypal / bank setup, i sent the money on the 12/07.

He replied on the 17/7 saying the funds had appeared and that he would send the loom out the next day.

On the 25/7 i pmd him saying nothing had arrived. On the 30/7 he replied saying they were sent on the 19th but due to the floods around his area, he thought they may be delayed. However,his dad worked for the post office and he was going to do some investigation.

On the 2/8 i got a pm from Andy stating that the sorting office in Swindon had been affected by the flooding and all items were being sent back to the sender to check for damage and possible compensation claims. Fair enough.

Andy later informed me on the 7/8 that the loom had been sent back to him and he was going to test it. If all was ok, he would send it out again straight away. On the 24/8 he informed me that the loom was damaged and he had to replace 2 relays. He had fitted them and tested the loom and it was now ready to resend. ( I had been on holiday for 2 weeks and he said he was waiting till i got back before sending them out. ) He would post them out 'now, 1st class recorded'

Again i waited and pmd when nothing arrived. On the 17/9 he replied saying sorry, the loom hadnt been sent and he would do it 'tomorrow morning'.

On the 24/9 i sent a pm saying it hadnt arrived and i was running out of patience. I either wanted the loom, or, if for any reason this was not possible, the money payed back into my paypal account.

Nothing. So on the 3/10 i sent another pm requesting a responce. I stated that if he didnt, id presume he had scammed me and would inform the rest of the forum users and the police if nessesary.

Andy replied immediately saying the loom would be sent on the 4/10 and if i didnt recieve the loom by the 8th then i should should do what i needed to.

As the postal strikes had just started i said i would give it another 2 weeks for the delivery before any further action.

Well 2 weeks have passed, so here i am. Despite my best efforts at getting this resolved, Andy_vw has failed to produce anything more than empty promises.

Perhaps poor timing and bad luck with flooding and strikes have played their part. Perhaps he got bored with the whole seeling stuff. Perhaps he is just a shyster. Either way i am without a loom and am £50 out of pocket.

I'd like to hear if he has played the cnut with any other members, or indeed if anyone who knows him IRL has a better explanation as to what may be going on. Did anyone get one of the magical looms ??!

In response to comments by Andy665, dr_mat and W3RKD, there is absolutely no way that same / blue_joe wouldn't have noticed the buckles / damage on his wheels when he still has them, have you seen the photos I posted of the damage ? It's not exactly subtle damage........

As I stated before , the wheels could not have been damaged in transit, as they were adequately protected / packaged and were transported on their own with nothing packed on top or around them. I can't claim back any monies from the courier company as private courier consigments are only covered by standard RHA (Road Hauliers Association) insurance - up to £150, and plus it is more than 30 days since the consignment (finally) arrived.

This wasn't even a necessary considered option, as Sam spoke to me on holiday and assured me he would pay for the wheels to be collected / repaired and then re-delivered, in fact I still have the texts he sent to me stating this.

I don't remember reading anywhere on dubforce that they had a "no naming and shaming policy". I just think it's a shame that a felow dubber has basically ripped me off and has got away with it and I can't let other dubbers know by posting up about the situation on one of the biggest dub forums in the UK.

It has also transpired that a pair of the adapters sam sold me are useless, as the threads are stripped........so I am even further out of pocket.

I have tried to call / text / PM Sam / blue_joe constantly over the last 3 weeks since I returned from holiday,but have been blatantly ignored, so he has obviously just washed his hands of the whole thing, which quite frankly, I find disappointing and infuriating (in polite terms).

Dont want to mention names here yet, but Yandards, have you had any luck locating our friend who is meant to have supplied me items paid for 9 months back? Thanks for your help so far, anyway. Just to clarify, it is NOT Yandards I'm referring to.

blingcrosby -has an Ebay store called Volksrange.

I won and paid for an VR6 oil filter housing around a month ago. It still hasn't arrived, and the seller failed to respond to 5 Ebay messages/emails. I have now issued a complaint through Paypal and have sent another two messages via this procedure, and he still hasn't got back to me :mad: 7 messages in total- how difficult is it to look after your customers and send a quick reply?

I just can't understand why such a big seller would risk being black-listed by Paypal and receiving bad Ebay feedback for the sake of such a small item. It could be resolved so easily.

He is selling another at the moment, too :roll:

An amusing quote from his listings: Call or message us to check suitability for your vehicle - don't bother!

Going to call them on Monday...

i've used him about 6 times aways been good , (no its not me and i don't know him ) are you emailing him direct or via ebay ? direct sometimes get junked by the filter

Rob

haha.... I brought a braided hose kit off the guy, said i was going on holiday and would pay when I returned home, to which he said was fine. Come back and hes opened a not paid dispute!!! paid for it, they turned up, told him and he still hasnt closed the dispute!! :?

Cheers Tom :)

Tried phoning him 3 times today (he puts his number on his Ebay auctions). Surprise, surprise it was off the hook the whole time.

Have escalated the dispute to a claim from Paypal. Again, can't understand why the seller hasn't sorted this- not even an expensive part!

Evening gents.

My sincerest aplogies for those of you that are missing parts, i have been out of the country on business for 6-12 months, and i have not been ont his ite for months, as i dont drive my corrado anymore, or use the associated email for this account either.

I only found out today that i had some overdue business on here, when i googled Khurrado.

I have emailed those that i recall, pls anyone else, add to this thread.

Shawn - Parts did not arrive, i owe you £150. Email me.

Johnnyboy - Window switch, i forgot to send before i went abroad, i owe you £11.

Dave16v, i owe you the abs switch that you sent back to me, i will psot it to you as agreed.......months ago, after you sent it back to me.

Trev? £10 for pass door seal.

Crispy, £30 for subframe.

If there is anyone else, please let me know on this thread ,i will keep my eyes on it from now on.

Just posted this on E38, thought I would share it with you guys too.

I contacted Strictly Dubs on 23rd June 2007 as I was trying to get hold of some 288mm calipers for my Corrado VR6. I was pleased to find that Strictly Dubs replied quickly and said that they might have some tucked away somewhere.

Anyway, a few days later we agreed a price of £110 for front and rear 288mm calipers and carriers, and my cheque was posted. Now I understand that the cheque would have tave taken a few days to arrive, plus 4 or 5 days to clear but on July 11th, I had still received nothing. I contacted SD who told me that the parcel had been posted and would be with me the following day.

5 days later and nothing had arrived, so I sent SD another email and on the 19th July, low and behold, I was informed by SD that 'your parcel will be with you tomorrow.'

20th July 2007, my parcel finally arrived. But... suprise suprise, I only received one set of calipers, as oppose to the two sets I had paid for. <_>

A few emails later and SD were asking for the tracker number from the parcel (shouldnt they already have had this!?). I sent it to them and waited...

August 17th 2007, SD email me to tell me that they are still chasing the courier company. I suggest that I just send them back the calipers I have received and they can just give me a refund. They dont seem so keen on this and suggest I just keep hold of the calipers until the couriers get in touch.

September 27th 2007, 3 months since I sent SD my £110, and I eventually get reply to my emails.

''Hi Jamie, we are having no luck with the courier, i will ring them one last time today, if nothing then we'll send half back. Si''

So I left it a few days before I got back in touch.

October 15th 2007, I receive this email.

'We'll have to send a cheque now mate as cant get any joy out of dhl, will sort it out in next couple of days. Si.'

They haven't replied to any of my emails since, and Ive not received a penny.

Now I understand that the postal service was in a bit of a tangle this summer, and yes, my cheque could have taken longer than expected to arrive with SD. And yes, some honest John at DHL may have decided to help himself to half of my parcel. But, Ive tried to be as accommadating as I can to the fact that the lads at SD must be dealing with a fairly large amount of orders and they might be very busy. I've been trying to sort this out for over 5 months now, I even said I'd settle for half of my money back and keep the 2 calipers I received it that would make it easier.

It looks like I'll just have to accept that Im not going to see my £55 and that I've been ripped off.

So thankyou very much Strictly Dubs. A credit to the VW scene.

Jamie

Evening gents.

My sincerest aplogies for those of you that are missing parts, i have been out of the country on business for 6-12 months, and i have not been ont his ite for months, as i dont drive my corrado anymore, or use the associated email for this account either.

I only found out today that i had some overdue business on here, when i googled Khurrado.

I have emailed those that i recall, pls anyone else, add to this thread.

Shawn - Parts did not arrive, i owe you £150. Email me.

Johnnyboy - Window switch, i forgot to send before i went abroad, i owe you £11.

Dave16v, i owe you the abs switch that you sent back to me, i will psot it to you as agreed.......months ago, after you sent it back to me.

Trev? £10 for pass door seal.

Crispy, £30 for subframe.

If there is anyone else, please let me know on this thread ,i will keep my eyes on it from now on.

AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT SENT THE MONEY!!! ITS ABOUT PRINCIPLES & SCRUPPLES! WHICH YOU khurrado SEEM TO BE DEVOID OF ANY, think the Artic Monkeys wrote a song about you!!

i have been out of the country on business for 6-12 months

Do you not know? A 6 month window is a long time :lol:

Just posted this on E38, thought I would share it with you guys too.

I contacted Strictly Dubs on 23rd June 2007 as I was trying to get hold of some 288mm calipers for my Corrado VR6. I was pleased to find that Strictly Dubs replied quickly and said that they might have some tucked away somewhere.

Anyway, a few days later we agreed a price of £110 for front and rear 288mm calipers and carriers, and my cheque was posted. Now I understand that the cheque would have tave taken a few days to arrive, plus 4 or 5 days to clear but on July 11th, I had still received nothing. I contacted SD who told me that the parcel had been posted and would be with me the following day.

5 days later and nothing had arrived, so I sent SD another email and on the 19th July, low and behold, I was informed by SD that 'your parcel will be with you tomorrow.'

20th July 2007, my parcel finally arrived. But... suprise suprise, I only received one set of calipers, as oppose to the two sets I had paid for. <_>

A few emails later and SD were asking for the tracker number from the parcel (shouldnt they already have had this!?). I sent it to them and waited...

August 17th 2007, SD email me to tell me that they are still chasing the courier company. I suggest that I just send them back the calipers I have received and they can just give me a refund. They dont seem so keen on this and suggest I just keep hold of the calipers until the couriers get in touch.

September 27th 2007, 3 months since I sent SD my £110, and I eventually get reply to my emails.

''Hi Jamie, we are having no luck with the courier, i will ring them one last time today, if nothing then we'll send half back. Si''

So I left it a few days before I got back in touch.

October 15th 2007, I receive this email.

'We'll have to send a cheque now mate as cant get any joy out of dhl, will sort it out in next couple of days. Si.'

They haven't replied to any of my emails since, and Ive not received a penny.

Now I understand that the postal service was in a bit of a tangle this summer, and yes, my cheque could have taken longer than expected to arrive with SD. And yes, some honest John at DHL may have decided to help himself to half of my parcel. But, Ive tried to be as accommadating as I can to the fact that the lads at SD must be dealing with a fairly large amount of orders and they might be very busy. I've been trying to sort this out for over 5 months now, I even said I'd settle for half of my money back and keep the 2 calipers I received it that would make it easier.

It looks like I'll just have to accept that Im not going to see my £55 and that I've been ripped off.

So thankyou very much Strictly Dubs. A credit to the VW scene.

Jamie

Are you implying we never sent 2 sets by keep posting these name and shame postst? You have our number (we dont have yours) so if you could call us we can sort this out instead of trying to give us a bad name.

this is how i do business.If someone sends me payment for a item i have for sale i let them know as soon as i have received payment be it cash or cheque,its at this point i will get the item ready for posting,items paid for via cheque i wait about a week for it to clear,if its cash i send the item out usually the next day.When i have posted the item i again let the seller now know the item has been posted and is in transit,i do this because i like to keep the buyer aware of whats going on,to me this is the way business should be done and as a result lets buyers know i can be trusted.as for items going missing in the post i always use 1st class recorded delivery and have had no issues as yet.I just wish everyone could operate this way which brings me to my current dilemma i have two raddos one donor and one minter shell,the donor is sat in my garage and the good almost rolling shell is sat outside my garage blocking it,as it cant be moved as it has no steering column.After no joy on here sourcing one i found one for 30.00 posted on dubforce the seller being 4low who also frequents this site,as i don't have paypall or a cheque book it was agreed that i would send cash via 1st class recorded delivery,after a initial false start on my part i didn't get round to sending the cash due to a pending funeral to contend with.After a couple of weeks i recieved a pm from 4low asking if i still wanted the column as he had removed it from the car,after apologizing i explained that i needed the part and i couldn't get anything done withought it,so payment was sent the next day.After not hearing anything after a week i sent a message asking if he had received payment to which he replied he had and would get the item sent out,after looking out for the post for another week i sent 4low a text message asking if he had sent the item out yet and was told"sorry I've been away will send it tomorrow.That was over a week ago and as i am writing this still have no column to fit,yesterday i sent a second text message which stated if he hadn't sent the item out yet could he please return my cash so i could obtain one from somewhere else,im yet to receive a reply.Im a fairly laid back guy and as such i haven't bombarded this person with text messages or phone calls when i did try to call him i got no answer surprise surprise,but i think I've waited long enough.obviously there are two sides to every story so i would invite 4low to tell his version of accounts or better still send me my column or my money back.so there you have it ye be warned steer clear of 4low :(

this is how i do business.If someone sends me payment for a item i have for sale i let them know as soon as i have received payment be it cash or cheque,its at this point i will get the item ready for posting,items paid for via cheque i wait about a week for it to clear,if its cash i send the item out usually the next day.When i have posted the item i again let the seller now know the item has been posted and is in transit,i do this because i like to keep the buyer aware of whats going on,to me this is the way business should be done and as a result lets buyers know i can be trusted.as for items going missing in the post i always use 1st class recorded delivery and have had no issues as yet.I just wish everyone could operate this way which brings me to my current dilemma i have two raddos one donor and one minter shell,the donor is sat in my garage and the good almost rolling shell is sat outside my garage blocking it,as it cant be moved as it has no steering column.After no joy on here sourcing one i found one for 30.00 posted on dubforce the seller being 4low who also frequents this site,as i don't have paypall or a cheque book it was agreed that i would send cash via 1st class recorded delivery,after a initial false start on my part i didn't get round to sending the cash due to a pending funeral to contend with.After a couple of weeks i recieved a pm from 4low asking if i still wanted the column as he had removed it from the car,after apologizing i explained that i needed the part and i couldn't get anything done withought it,so payment was sent the next day.After not hearing anything after a week i sent a message asking if he had received payment to which he replied he had and would get the item sent out,after looking out for the post for another week i sent 4low a text message asking if he had sent the item out yet and was told"sorry I've been away will send it tomorrow.That was over a week ago and as i am writing this still have no column to fit,yesterday i sent a second text message which stated if he hadn't sent the item out yet could he please return my cash so i could obtain one from somewhere else,im yet to receive a reply.Im a fairly laid back guy and as such i haven't bombarded this person with text messages or phone calls when i did try to call him i got no answer surprise surprise,but i think I've waited long enough.obviously there are two sides to every story so i would invite 4low to tell his version of accounts or better still send me my column or my money back.so there you have it ye be warned steer clear of 4low :(

I sent you the part thursday morning,i then went away with work came back late last night,i was told by the post office 3 to 5 days so instead of just slagging me of you could of waited more then 2 days for a reply,some of us do not live and breath are phones and computers.

Please when the part comes and you realise your mistake then please repost with a apoligy.

Cheers Jamie.

lets get the facts straight if you had sent the column out when you got my cash over 3 weeks ago we wouldn't be at the place that we are now would we? also i would like to add if people cant be arsed posting parts after they have received peoples cash then they shouldn't be miffed when people get narky.I understand that people have other commitments we all do,but i find that informing people generally works better than ignoring them.And as for slagging you off I've done nothing of the sort,just stating the facts and going through one of your threads i noticed I'm not the only one to have had issues with you am i ? any how I'm glad to see this thread works as at least now i have had a response from you,you are the weakest link goodbye!

Glad its sorted to,i except your sorry and i wish for this matter to be over,thankyou for been mature and understanding,you are a true gentleman,god bless you.

I'd just like to apologise to the guys at Strictly Dubs for the negative post I made some weeks back regarding a set of calipers I got off them last year.

A combination of factors including the length of time it takes f*cking DHL to get their fingers out tipped me over the edge so I vented my misdirected anger on the E38 and corrado forums! :angry:

I've just spoken to Si on the phone, who was very helpful and sorted out the issue for me, thanks mate.

Again, sorry guys *hangs head in shame*

Jamie.