Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

Aqua Blue VR MOT PASS!!

All I can say is my Main Dealer insisted the wing was 109.55 Inc VAT, late style passenger side. Give Willenhall VW a call and see what he says. 01902 608773.

The parts guy looked up the wing on ETKA as I was standing in front of him, and even double checked after I asked if he was sure on the price (I expected it to be much more too) so I'm sure it's not the price for a pattern part.

Jim, she's going in Mon 12th, not long to wait now! Managed to get hold of crack free replacement fogs and O/S indicator too so it'll be a full face lift for the old girl!! Chuffed!!

Woodsy, it's a main dealer she's going to for that very reason. Bet you're gutted? How long ago was it? Could you take it back to them?

There are no pattern bodywork panels for the Corrado.

Matt great to here it's all coming back together nicely.

i got in touch with vw, the late wings are 250 plus vat, and early wings are obsolete, that price must be wrong, or hes got old stock got rid of.

i got in touch with vw, the late wings are 250 plus vat, and early wings are obsolete, that price must be wrong, or hes got old stock got rid of.

:shrug: Dunno then dude, either way, not too fussed, thankfully I'm not footing the bill! :clap:

Woodsy, it's a main dealer she's going to for that very reason. Bet you're gutted? How long ago was it? Could you take it back to them?

I did, but they only offered a 12 month warranty so i'm stuck with it - noticed that my barge plate has got acne as well now and they did that at the same time :censored:

Cars getting a re-sprayed next month so i'll see what the guy thinks and may just bite the bullet and get a new wing put on . . .

I did, but they only offered a 12 month warranty so i'm stuck with it - noticed that my barge plate has got acne as well now and they did that at the same time :censored:

Cars getting a re-sprayed next month so i'll see what the guy thinks and may just bite the bullet and get a new wing put on . . .

Good luck then mate, hope it sorts out easily enough.

Sourced these over the past couple of weeks from a couple of Forum members, ready to fit once I get her back from paint... 8) Should finish the front end off nicely.

Got her back this afternoon and gotta say I'm well pleased. The guy who carried out the quote has basically given me a complete passenger side respray, new front wing fitted, obviously bumper removed to do that, full bumper sand and spray, the car looks new! I'm amazed...

Only got a few pics on my phone tonight after i picked her back up, but wow!!

So coming this summer (EBITDA bonus dependant)...

Front end running gear overhaul (strip, media blast, powdercoat) Subframe, wishbones, ARB, Steering Rack, all new VAG bushes. Engine and gearbox mounts, top mounts all round.

KW Variant 1's, rear ARB

Rear end running gear overhaul (same as above), all new VAG bushes, plus MK4 rear calipers, hoses etc.

DIY in the meantime, engine bay needs a serious clean, gonna attack this over a couple of days in the next few weeks, weather dependant (wish i had a garage) and fit refurbed 288mm fronts from 2008 Ibiza.

Looking forward to getting stuck in, hopefully have the DIY parts done in time for BVF, and the rest done not long after at DG... 8)

WOW, looks amazing!

Cheers pal, a couple of small (and hopefully) paintless dent removals on the drivers door, and she'll be mint again.

The last couple of years has taken its toll...

WOW, looks amazing!

Cheers pal, a couple of small (and hopefully) paintless dent removals on the drivers door, and she'll be mint again.

Just read the whole thread.......

I've just bought my VR6, and am picking it up this Saturday. Did you end up doing any suspensions mod to your Aqua Blue at the end? If so I'd be interested to know what did you do at the end.

I'd like a good mix of ride/handling balance, with minimal drop (30-35mm?) of ride height. I really don't want a car that's too hard and crashy, after all the VR6 is supposed to be an all-rounder. Any other mods (brakes etc)? Cheers!

WOW, looks amazing!

Just read the whole thread.......

I've just bought my VR6, and am picking it up this Saturday. Did you end up doing any suspensions mod to your Aqua Blue at the end? If so I'd be interested to know what did you do at the end.

I'd like a good mix of ride/handling balance, with minimal drop (30-35mm?) of ride height. I really don't want a car that's too hard and crashy, after all the VR6 is supposed to be an all-rounder. Any other mods (brakes etc)? Cheers!

Not really had the money spare to go for any decent suspension upgrade since i bought her, but the KW Variant 1 (INOX body) get such good reviews on here at the moment, I'm glad I waited, thats definitely what i'll be investing in later this year. Ride comfort, and longevity (guaranteed stainless construction) are apparently second to none. Prices around £630 plus fitting...

Other mods... 288mm front brakes (mine are being refurbed currently before fitting), and later on, and I suppose less urgently, MK4 Golf rear calipers (supposedly less prone to seizing).

2 of the most beneficial (and cheapest) upgrades I have done are the uprated headlight loom (KUR2Y on here sells the best quality ones, VERY simple fitting) and Lupo wiper conversion (bits available direct from VW, or a used set on here if you drop lucky). Without those two, you won't be able to see in the dark, or the rain, or the dark and rain. :D

Non essential; a decent amp, audioscape pods, decent components, decent headunit. 8)

Thanks for your tips!

I only had 25 minutes test-drive, but the Seller showed me the last MOT report and it says the suspensions are on its way out (it says there's a leak or something... I'm not technically-minded), so it's definitely one of the things that I have to upgrade within the next 12 months. It's got 11 month MOT so that gives me a bit of time to save some £££ :)

I think I'll drive the car standard for a little while and access its brake/ride/handling before deciding what to do. Hopefully I'll have a chance to take a ride in other forum members' cars between now and next spring and then decade what to do! Suspensions, brakes & tires are those big expenditures that once you've made your decisions, you're pretty much stuck for the next couple / few years.....

Thanks again!

Fitted new fogs the weekend, finished the front end off nicely I think... Cleaned up the indicators with some Meguiars PlastX, would recommend it, very good results from minimal work.

Hi matt, I had some standard rear lights off you many moons ago and saw this. Looked nice then. Bet it looks lovely and fresh now. Every cloud and all that.

Whats the score with the plastx stuff, does it clean up plastics/glass i'm guessing?