stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

Gixxer that won't work, it is the newer OBD2 interface, you will need a 2*2 type. If you pull the gear lever surround off you will see the connectors.

I've just bought Scotts VAG-COM from him (thanks mate), so i'll add myself to the list. I'm based just outside Preston, but work in and around Manchester, so can probably arrange something in both these areas. 2x2 only though.

Right, finally got hold of a VAG-COM cable. (£30.99 off ebay..)

OBD-ii style (i.e. late VRs only). Reading or Theale (daytime).

Will travel for beer tokens. :)

Now - anyone know what the O2 sensor should be reading when inlet manifold temperature is around 68 degrees..? Would it be active (it wasn't reading 1.000 all the time..)

Is anyone on here in London with the OBD1 (?) style connector VAG-COM kit? I'd like to get the car checked out. No problem but performance seems a bit down on my VR6.

Happy to travel inside M25 to meet you or Buckinghamshire way is also good..

Cheers and beer tokens offered!!

Yeah but that only gives you the raw data and unless you have the error book to hand, or know the codes implicitly, it's useless. VAG-COM is the only scanner that clearly says "G28 - Engine speed sensor - short to ground, no signal, or implausible signal", for example. Otherwise you just get "000612867 - 00" which means nothing to the untrained eye.

Now that I've got it you can put me down for OBD connector in Notts, Derbys, Leicestershire.

Thanks

Moved as requested.

You'll have to bear with us as there are 1000s of posts that still need recatergorising into their respective new forums.

I have the later style OBD2 connector, I'm in Oxford, and am happy to let people use it if they come to me. :)

You've been added to the main list :wink:

Your avatar pic matches your user name nicely now, LOL!

I have a 90 corrado and I only have the black port on my car. dont have the ABS connection, can I still use the VAG -COM on my car even though I only have the small 2x2 black port?