Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Oh why thank you Mr.Onyekachi...(pistonheads classified)

Hello,

I saw your item for sale on http://www.pistonheads.com i have interest in it, kindly let me know if it is for sale, let me know the condittion and the final asking price.

Thanks

Mr.Onyekachi

Hello,

The car is indeed for sale. The final asking price is £700 ono. The condition of the car, as you can see from the photographs, is very good considering its its almost 20 years old.

Regards,

MonkeyVR6.

Good day,

Thank you for your message and your response ...

I agree with the price, and I want to buy it for my son,

I will pay £1700

But now I'm in china with a busy seminar

and this is taking my time

I do not want to delay the purchase, I want you to know that

I will make my payment by check as this is the best way to pay for

this ... and to enable this I need details of where you want me to send

the check to

1) NAME

2) address

3) postal code/zip code

I have a shipping agent who would come for the shipment of

the product as soon as you get the cheque and confirmed that they have

also cashed in your account

Thank you very much and hope to read from you soon

Thanks

Mr Onyekachi Mulla

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is obviously a scam. The best suggested response will be e-mailed to Mr Onyekachi Mulla... :salute:

I'd get him to reassure you first. Tell him you've heard there are a lot of scams with people selling cars to overseas buyers so naturally you are cautious. Is there anything he can do to alleviate your concerns.

haha how obvious...

erm, i haven't got a good reply...if i think of one i'll add it

Get him to send you a photo of himself holding a sign saying something amusing.

Or even proof that he has the funds like a copy of his bank statement.

Paypal a deposit? Even put up an ebay auction for him with the agreed buy it now price, send him the link so that way hes assured too...

string him along until you receive death threats, there's a hilarious blog on the web somewhere of a guy who did just that with a nigerian scammer :D

When/If he pays you, send him a model corrado in the post. :lol:

hehe :grin:

you'll definitely get the cheque though, the scam is that international clearing takes 7 days but will *credit* to your account after 3days, he then gets you to pay his transporter 1K which debits immediately, following which he pulls his cheque and your left short.

that's the way these scams worked in the past anyway.

Forgetting its a scam for a minute, why would you pay a courier a grand? if he wants to pay more than the asking price thats fine. Also why would you release a car until the cheque has cleared?

Surely no one falls for this shit.

I would'nt even bother replying as they will try again in the future as it will flag up that they nearly had you once and will try again.

"im sorry but my bank account is currently being hooved out due to a pigeon getting in the vault, your welcome to call my bank (real phone number) and ask for my bank account number and sort code, my name is fon jackr. They will know who I am as I am good friends with the manager"

im sorry but my bank account is currently being hooved out due to a pigeon getting in the vault, your welcome to call my bank (real phone number) and ask for my bank account number and sort code, my name is fon jackr. They will know who I am as I am good friends with the manager

Was thinking the same thing!

Tell him your name is

Gordon Brown

10 Downing St

London

xxx xxx

Bank Details.

Bank of England

Threadneedle St

London EC2R

and say the payment must arrive before 6th may as you may be away after that

I'll give you £5000 for it if you can send it to Fiji tomorrow, I'll send my brothers dogs aunties bodyguard over next week to pay for it with Monopoly money

im sorry but my bank account is currently being hooved out due to a pigeon getting in the vault, your welcome to call my bank (real phone number) and ask for my bank account number and sort code, my name is fon jackr. They will know who I am as I am good friends with the manager

Was thinking the same thing!

Tell him your name is

[strike:29d5qpl5]Gordon Brown[/strike:29d5qpl5] David-Nick CameronClegg :norty:

10 Downing St

London

xxx xxx

Bank Details.

Bank of England

Threadneedle St

London EC2R

and say the payment must arrive before 6th may as you may be away after that

Although the suggestions were good, I decided to choose one off the cuff:

I have moved the car to Eastern Europe. Therefore I now request that you transfer the money to me in Euros. Lets call it 2000 Euros?

Let me know if this is acceptable.

Your son, being a weak indivdual, might struggle with the steering, as although having PAS, it is 20 years old and therefore slightly harder to turn than that of, for example, the new Jaguar XF.

What are the details of your shipping agent? Your name suggest Chinese origin...I don't normally trust commies.

Peace hommie.

I have a dude flying from Glasgow to view the car tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll be a sale.