fendervg

288 Front Brakes and MkIV Rears -Part Number Thread

Will the skoda fabia vrs 288mm calliper/carriers fit on my vr6 ok.just wondering if they are suitable.?

I would of thought so, the group tend to interchange parts across the group

cheers guys will await yor response mattpc, before i purchase.

also the beam arrived , spot on , packaged well, many thanks

The VRS brakes are not a straight fit, there is the need for spacers to be made to make the offsets correct on the carriers and discs. not hard to fix.

Matt

Are Black Diamond discs and any good. Which configuration is best for Fast Road use?

- Cross Drilled

- 6 Groove

- 12 Groove

- Combi (12 Groove & Cross Drilled)

Any recommendations on Pads to go with? EBC Greenstuff? Pagid Fast Road?

If anyone local to Crewe owns a valver and wants to investigate this I have 288 calipers and both MK3 and MK4 offset disks (that would ultimately need to be redrilled 4 x 100). No obligation to buy, just to test out the theory.

Im from Portugal, i purchased a 2.0 16v two weeks ago and it needs disc and pads front and rear, in my mk4 golf i upgraded to the R32 332mm in the front and to s3 with epytec adapter to run 280mm at the back, so i have the stock front FS III and the rear 232mm here sitting and i wanted to know if in can re-use them form the corrado, Thank you

The rears will bolt straight on to the existing carriers, but you will need conversion brake hoses because MK4s have the banjo bolt fitting. Many have done this conversion.

VR6 and G60 both use the same Calipers and carriers on the front, both use a 280mm disk (VR6 have 5 stud and G60 4 studs).

VR6 can be fitted with 288mm disks from late MK3 Golf GTis / VR6s and Calipers and carriers from either the same GTi / VR6 or Golf MK4 are then used as they are the same (MK4 disks have a different offset and can’t be used).

So my untested theory suggests 288mm Calipers and carriers fill fit the 16v using a MK3 GTi / VR6 disk redrilled to 4 x 100 (you’ll need conversion hoses for the front too).

No one has ever tried it to my knowledge, I don’t know why?