Vince@Stealth

STEALTH RACING - Racelogic Traction Control Group Buy

without this a VRT in wet is useless lets be honest... wish i could afford this as its going to be a long winter :(

Useless in the dry in 2nd and 3rd aswell :lol:

4WD is indeed the way to go, but it's not a conversion I can be arsed with personally. I would rather just buy an R32 and turbo it :D

After a few hairy moments at the weekend in the wet I cant wait for this to be fitted. You can easily feel my LSD working but it does come to a point where its overwhelmed.

No doubt, and where you've simply got too much power for *all* the driving wheels to handle, you've only got two choices: lift yer right foot, or kill the engine output electronically.

Useless in the dry in 2nd and 3rd aswell :lol:

mine is pretty handy in the dry actually , benefit of running low boost though i suppose :)

Hi Kev- I thougt you have DTA management on your car.

Yep, correct. And you're wondering why I'm not using it's built in Traction control?

Yes,Kev. I was watching you on DTA forum and hoping that you are the right person to make this work and make it a lot of easier for me. As Id like to use TC on my ecu. Did you do any more research about a VR conditioner board? Or is there some other problem to use dta's TC? Cheers

Hi Kev- I thougt you have DTA management on your car.

Yep, correct. And you're wondering why I'm not using it's built in Traction control?

Yes,Kev. I was watching you on DTA forum and hoping that you are the right person to make this work and make it a lot of easier for me. As Id like to use TC on my ecu. Did you do any more research about a VR conditioner board? Or is there some other problem to use dta's TC? Cheers

Ah OK, didn't realise you were on there.

The main reason I'm not using the DTA's TC is because you have to install 4 hall sensors to pick up wheel speed. The Racelogic is actually unique in that it can read magnetic sensor signals. Not even the mega bucks Motecs support magnetic wheel speed sensors.

As we know VAG's ABS wiring and sensors are generally very reliable and that mine is a daily, I would prefer to use that as a reference for wheel speed than hall sensors, which are notorious for suffering electrical noise problems. It's one reason why a lot of current cars still use magnetic wheel speed sensors.

Anyway, I'm sure once you've done that the DTA's slip control works quite well, but there again, you have to spend hours / days / months setting it all up to work, AND you have to make you're own dash switch if you want to adjust the aggression on the fly.

I didn't get any further with the Magnetic -> Digital conditioner boards because I read of low wheel speed resolution issues, which put me off a bit.

I would have preferred to keep it all in one box, but the Racelogic is far, far easier to install and setup and has a excellent reputation for doing what it says on the tin, so for me it was a no brainer 8)

I have suggested to Vince that he puts the T/C in his 'Things to seriously concider' in his Turbo Stage 1 posting. Just been out in the first bit of damp with the 'New VRT' with T/C on and off, and christ it needs it. Anyone looking to keep their VR for a while should get the Stage 1 done. A whole new car for tuppence :D (Concidering what you get) Off for more grins. Neil

Nice! I'm actually looking forward to winter this year, but with the TC fitted, I bet it doesn't snow :lol:

Vince, are the kits on order now?

i really should be buying this as well, but i had to get the MO's :D

definately will have my car down at stealth next year for next winter though after i have sold a kidney :gag: