Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Whats are your thoughts??? Storm questions

Smooth the rear wiper hole or leave it as it is with the rubber grommit untill winter and put the wiper back on?

Debadge the car or keep it as it is?

Handles??? Colour code them or Audi them?

Im having the wing vent put in, always like the look, I know some people dont like them....

VW or Mercedes wing vent??

More than likely will put the SLC bumper indicators in and smooth the wing hole?? Comments welcolme

Look forward to hearing from you

by the titel i take it it is a storm, personally i would like to see clean examples amke it through the next 5- 10 years looking good, some modifcations devalue the car as well as it looking chavvy, just my 2p

by the titel i take it it is a storm, personally i would like to see clean examples amke it through the next 5- 10 years looking good, some modifcations devalue the car as well as it looking chavvy, just my 2p

+1

If it was a Storm, keep it standard and mint.

Anything else, go nuts! :D

Do everything you said if u plan on puting miles on the car, if u want to retain its value keep it standard and restore it and dont put any miles on it lol.

First option ftw right!

I agree that people can take things too far, but these mods are quite subtle under the scheme of things. I plan on keeping this car till they no longer dispense fuel at petrol stations so im not worried out furture value. Its only going to become more valuable to me. Keep the comments coming though

Smooth the rear wiper hole or leave it as it is with the rubber grommit untill winter and put the wiper back on? - Quite like the de-wipered look but will always have my wiper attached lol

Debadge the car or keep it as it is? - de-badge

Handles??? Colour code them or Audi them? - leave standard

Im having the wing vent put in, always like the look, I know some people dont like them....

VW or Mercedes wing vent?? - Merc

More than likely will put the SLC bumper indicators in and smooth the wing hole?? Comments welcolme - Good call, do it

I must be getting old!

I've de-wipered and smoothed mine but it's not a Storm .... so if I DID have one I don't think I'd be adding wing vents, Audi handles and extra indicators.

But it's your car, which you plan to keep, and you like the mods (obviously) so why not just do them?? :) No need to seek opinions surely if you're keeping the car until the grave.

I kind of agree woth VR6 ^

BUT, all mods are reversable i reckon - you can always 'mod' it back to standard.

AND, if you want opinions heres mine - Grommet the rear wiper hole.

I colour coded my handles and thought it looked good, can't stand the look of Audi handles.

Aren't SLC bumper indicators not actually indicators, but just side marker lights that don't wink? Get rid of them all together if you don't like them i say, i got rid of mine.

Don't see the point in the vent myself, and i quite like the badges.

So there.

End of the day its your car and as much as everyone can comment, your the one looking at it everyday. These are my opinions though

Smooth the rear wiper hole or leave it as it is with the rubber grommit untill winter and put the wiper back on? Remove the wiper, bung it and rain-x it. If you can live without it get it smoothed.

Debadge the car or keep it as it is? Keep rear badge, spray front black

Handles??? Colour code them or Audi them? Personally i like the audi handles but for a storm i would keep it standard and colour code them

VW or Mercedes wing vent?? Merc

More than likely will put the SLC bumper indicators in and smooth the wing hole?? Nice idea, like it alot.

Cheers guys, I know its a personal choice, but its interesting to hear peoples views. You know when you're out with your mates and you see a modded car, I always comment, oh, I dont like that or thats sweet. Im more thinking out loud and starting the car next week and im the sort of guy that wants to decide whats happening, then stick to it.

The slc front lights can be made to be indicators, I guess I can extend the wiring to the new position, but Ive seen it done on a golf before and it looked really good and subtle and makes the car look a bit lower if you catch my drift.

The handles were my biggest concern as its quite involved, going to cost a fair bit and some car photos I see, the Audi handles look smart and others I think it doesnt quite work IMO. Thats probably because im not used to it?

This sounds stupid but when I put the storm badge on, it made me happier that I finally owned a Storm, I know its no real biggy, but I recognised it.

I've just been looking at my car in its sorry state, if I de badge it, I may aswell de seem the rear panel? Actually whilst typing it, all these mods im talking about ore mods I wanted to do on previous Corrados Ive owned. I think Ive just answered my own questions.

Any recent pics of de badging a storm or mystic blue C and smooth rear panle and wiper - with the hole welded.

Cheers again

I agree with the comments regarding keeping it standard etc due to it being a Storm, but as said a couple of times now if ur gonna keep it mate then it's urs to do what u want with it!! I imagine if I had a Storm id be keeping it standard, which is why my 1st rado isn't a Storm :wink:

My C isn't a Storm but is Mystic Blue. I've only just carried out the smooth tailgate mod and colour coded handles. Have a look at my build thread for pics as I'm on my phone and can't link any to here. Might give you a good visual idea of how your's might look with similar work done.

Mod it how you want mate most of my mods are ones that the car needs like the lowering which imo makes it so much better to look at and drive. Just remember its your car and as long as you dont go putting big stupid bumpers and side skirts on no ones going to mind :D

It's your car and if you are going to keep it long term then you should make it how you want it. But personally I'd avoid any hard to reverse mods such as wing vents or de-wipering.

I like flushed tailgates on a mk2 golf ten+ years ago, doesnt mean i like them now!

Mods are like fashion some are in and some are out its all personal preference and whether you think you'd lke it in the future.

I have decided on the majority of mods, just a couple im still thinking about. I have spare wings, so if need be I can always put the standard wing back on. The wiper is one of the things im unsure of, I like the look of it de wipered, but find the wiper to be useful in winter. The lines are being removed from the rear panel at each end, just because they dont look that great IMO, along with the jacking point dips along the cills. The handles are staying but will just re paint them in black or colour matching so they look clean and shiney but on reflection, they do break the car up a bit and after all that cutting to my car, I feel happier to have one less job I was never fully convinced about. So subtle mods to what I think will work and how I would like to see the car. Once its all painted Im going to be a happy man. Even my GF is paying attention and said I hope this guy does a good job or your going to be moody and take it out on me!

Its good to hear peoples opinions, I know it all boils down to personal choice, but an adult converstaion about modifications are always interesting.

Hi 8VMatt,

where did you get the colour coded handles? i'm after exactly the same.. Was it a strightforward like for like fit?

Thanks

To be honest Rams, if you wanna do do some mods to your car you should consider selling the Storm first. If you sell the Storm now it will make you enough to buy a good low mileage, high spec VR6. I'm all for tasteful mods but once you mod a Storm its value will drop to around that of a normal VR.

To be honest Rams, if you wanna do do some mods to your car you should consider selling the Storm first. If you sell the Storm now it will make you enough to buy a good low mileage, high spec VR6. I'm all for tasteful mods but once you mod a Storm its value will drop to around that of a normal VR.

I think thats a really good point but do you think that storms still command that much more than a higher spec VR anymore :shrug:

I rekon the most sort after Corrado's now are the most standard ones, weather thats a storm, VR or G60 !!

Hi 8VMatt,

where did you get the colour coded handles? i'm after exactly the same.. Was it a strightforward like for like fit?

Thanks

Hi mate, my local very good sprayshop sprayed my original handles Mystic Blue for me. Very pleased with it. No idea of a cost though as it was done together with other work and a repair. Wouldn't of thought it would cost you much.

So, should be easy to get somewhere good to look after you. Kicking myself that I forgot to ask about getting the number plate surround done as well.

I think the value is in what you make, i.e, the finished article in the flesh. This car is being brought back to life with a bit of face lift. Dont get me wrong, you get appreciation from owning a standard car and keeping it immaculate, but from opinions Ive had so far, are ones of encouragement. I appreciate your opinion on values etc, but made a decision to find a home for this car till I'm old and struggling to see and failing medical tests. I always buy standard cars so I know things have been done correctly, this car was totally standard except for wiper and light loom upgrade when I purchased it. For me a modified VR6 Storm has been on my goal list for a while now. :clap:

If thats the case nothing is stopping you.

I bought a standard car, and am doing what I want to it keeping all the old parts to be able to put it back to standard if i want. I am keeping my car for as long as i can, so i, like you is the one that has to live with it.

Just think carefully about each and every mod, take your time and you'll be ok.

Good luck..........Dale

I think the value is in what you make, i.e, the finished article in the flesh. This car is being brought back to life with a bit of face lift. Dont get me wrong, you get appreciation from owning a standard car and keeping it immaculate, but from opinions Ive had so far, are ones of encouragement. I appreciate your opinion on values etc, but made a decision to find a home for this car till I'm old and struggling to see and failing medical tests. I always buy standard cars so I know things have been done correctly, this car was totally standard except for wiper and light loom upgrade when I purchased it. For me a modified VR6 Storm has been on my goal list for a while now. :clap:

Fair point, I suppose no matter what mods you make to the car it'll always be a Storm 8)