Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Lawless. 8/10

A very well acted/scripted film,

Looper, 6.5/10

Good idea,a little slow until Bruce Wills appears !

Dredd 3d - 7/10

Nothing special, should have watched lawless or total recall

Back to the Future - One of my all time faves for sure 9/10

Yoooou know you love it ;)

The missus happened to point out that DeLoreans look a little like Corrados too which I found quite amusing

Lawless 8/10, I thought it was more of a inner city gangster flick but it's based in the local town, still good tho.

Killing them softly 6.7/10 felt the film could have been told in 30 minutes, a bit thin and some moments with James gandolfini that I thought were a bit pointless, trying to be in depth but didn't work IMO

Gamer 8/10 Quite a good film even if I missed the start. Plus it has boobies :afro::thumbleft:

Corrected :D

Shove off Butty Boy :lol:

21 Jump St- 5/10 Mildly amusing

Despicable Me- 8/10 quality kids' film- my boys (andI) were gigling throughout.

Saw Looper today at the cinema...thought it was very good. Not too predictable storyline, very enjoyable. 8/10

I watched Prometheus for the first time last night,its so so really id say a 6/10 as the film wasnt immense and the technology in the film was more advanced than the later films which irritated the hell outta me....apparently space ships get worse over the next 100 years :shrug:

American pie : The reunion. 9/10 Absolutely loved and didnt stop laughing all the way through. Cant believe the original is over 10 years old now, brings back so many memories of my teen years growing up. Only reason its not a 10/10 is a few bits were predictable but good none the less

Battle of Britain. 10/10 was on channel 5 last night a even tho I have seen it before its still keeps me glued all the way though. Just wish I had surround sound to make the most of the beautiful noise the spitfire makes

American pie : The reunion. 9/10 Absolutely loved and didnt stop laughing all the way through. Cant believe the original is over 10 years old now, brings back so many memories of my teen years growing up. Only reason its not a 10/10 is a few bits were predictable but good none the less

Battle of Britain. 10/10 was on channel 5 last night a even tho I have seen it before its still keeps me glued all the way though. Just wish I had surround sound to make the most of the beautiful noise the spitfire makes

Its mad how they used all real aircraft aswell for it

Taken 2,

7 out of 10, not a patch on the first one,predictable but very watchable,just don't look too close at the car chase !

Watched Prometheus last night. As a stand alone film I rate it 8/10 but as a prequel to Alien 2/10, I am a massive Alien fan and had high hopes for this film

Thought it was a good film if it was a stand alone film, kept me on edge through out and just good all rounds. But if I look at it as an Alien prequel like it was promoted as then I am very disappointed. Left so many questions unanswered, didnt tie into parts on the Alien film where they first discover the "engineers" in the ships control panel with his chest split open. I just hope there is a sequel to it that explains things better although from what I read from a friend (see below) I think not :(

After a friend posted this on my FB page after I said the above about the film I feel cheated!!!

During the March 17, 2012 WonderCon convention, Scott said that the film leaves many questions unanswered, and that these could be answered in a sequel. He said, "If we're lucky, there'll be a second part. It does leave you with some nice open questions."[22][87] Asked if a sequel would be a direct prequel to Alien, Lindelof said "if we’re fortunate enough to do a sequel ... it will tangentialize even further away from the original Alien."[18] In June 2012, Lindelof said that while plot elements were deliberately left unresolved so that they could be answered in a sequel, he and Scott had thoroughly discussed what should be resolved so that Prometheus could stand alone, as a sequel was not guaranteed.[221] Scott said that a sequel would follow Shaw to her next destination, "because if it is paradise, paradise cannot be what you think it is. Paradise has a connotation of being extremely sinister and ominous." Lindelof cast doubt on his participation, and said, "if [scott] wants me to be involved in something, that would be hard to say no to. At the same time, I do feel like [Prometheus] might benefit from a fresh voice or a fresh take or a fresh thought."[222] Scott said that an additional film would be required to bridge the gap between the Prometheus sequel and Alien.[223] On August 1, 2012, it was confirmed that Fox was pursuing a sequel with Scott, Rapace, and Fassbender involved, and was talking to new writers in case Lindelof does not return. The film would be scheduled for a release no earlier than 2014

Sounds to be as if Prometheus was never intended to be a prequel to Alien and that it was just jumping on the Alien band wagon to get the sales and interest. :mad2:

Watched Prometheus last night. As a stand alone film I rate it 8/10 but as a prequel to Alien 2/10, I am a massive Alien fan and had high hopes for this film

Thought it was a good film if it was a stand alone film, kept me on edge through out and just good all rounds. But if I look at it as an Alien prequel like it was promoted as then I am very disappointed. Left so many questions unanswered, didnt tie into parts on the Alien film where they first discover the "engineers" in the ships control panel with his chest split open. I just hope there is a sequel to it that explains things better although from what I read from a friend (see below) I think not :(

After a friend posted this on my FB page after I said the above about the film I feel cheated!!!

Sounds to be as if Prometheus was never intended to be a prequel to Alien and that it was just jumping on the Alien band wagon to get the sales and interest. :mad2:

Jake, the derelict ship with the dead engineer from Alien is an entirely different ship to the ones in Prometheus. The one in Alien is thousands of years old and is crashed on LV426 which is a different planet. Fox originally wanted a proper prequel, but as the script developed, they realised they were going in a slightly different direction that explains the bigger picture. It still ties in obviously, but it's not intended to be a prequel proper. The sequel (called Paradise at the mo) should go some way to answering more of those questions, although may not tie in directly to the original series. There's also a link to Bladerunner 8)

I was initially disappointed with Prometheus because I expected so much after those amazing trailers. I went and watched it again, and didn't have any preconceptions second time. I really appreciated it for what it is. Stunning film second time around!

Ahhh that makes sens now!

Dont get me wrong as a stand alone film its great but I'm just very disappointed in the fact they promoted it as a proper prequel but really its isnt. Just hope they do a star wars type thing and release a few ore films which will make sense even more and tie in properly!

They are doing another 2 I believe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 7:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:54 PM ----------

My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Amazing!! Being of Cypriot stock myself the truth in it is just so funny. My girlfriend loves it too. 10/10.

Sky fall 7/10 enjoyed the film and was a good bond film up until the last 30 mins or so then I felt it just wasn't a bond film and more a standalone one man against all shooter. Also a few niggles that I won't mention in detail to not spoil the film but the usual stop talking about shooting someone and just shoot them. But in general I enjoyed and liked some touches to the old style of bond films which you'll get one when you see it :)

They are doing another 2 I believe.

---------- Post added at 7:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:54 PM ----------

My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Amazing!! Being of Cypriot stock myself the truth in it is just so funny. My girlfriend loves it too. 10/10.

Its not much cop really is it,shame as it had such high expectations...but lets see if no2 is any better

Watched Hotel Transylvania with the kids, it was very good and really quite funny, take your yung uns and pretend it is just for their sake !

Watched Hotel Transylvania with the kids, it was very good and really quite funny, take your yung uns and pretend it is just for their sake !

I saw this a week ago with my two kids and all three of us loved it. "I'm Count Dracular, blah, blah, blah!"

Just saw John Carter on blu ray. Wow. Thought it was excellent. Loved the characters, the story, the humour, the special effects, the whole package. I had an inkling this was gonna be good after seeing the trailer what seems like ages ago and it fully lived up to expectations. Any old school Star Wars fans I think will like it.

9/10 - suddenly I'm less worried about Disney getting the keys to the Star Wars franchise.

Can't believe the last time this thread was posted on!

The girl next door- 7/10 i thought it was quite funny and has some real hot girls in it too :)

Hatchet 2 - 5/10 the most cheesy and terrible horror ive ever seen although i nearly ****ed myself laughing when the guy gets his head chopped off whilst nailing a lass and the girl shouts faster faster as his body is in spasms and nailing her :lol: ....have to see it to get what i mean

30 days of night 8/10 great little horror and lots of gore :D

Ted - 7/10

It was ok, just not as funny as I thought it would be.

Edited by Johnny H

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Was very worried after all the negative press, but was pleasantly surprised! Could've been trimmed a little here and there- was maybe 15-20 mins too long. However, didn't get bored at all. Looked stunning. Some excellent set pieces etc. Got to say, I don't like the way Peter Jackson changes stuff from the books- some of it is down right irritating. How are the orcs travelling in sunlight? They're not Uruk Hai!

7/10