Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Ok, in the spirit of the season here's a festive one I watched last night. Rare Exports : A Christmas Tale. In Finnish with subtitles. A slightly different take on Santa Claus with some funny bits and some creepy bits.

6/10 Ho Ho Ho

Yeah, saw that last year and thought it was fairly good 7/10

Trollhunter is another quite good film in a very similar vein 8/10

I'm not sure if it was too much Christmas spirit but I watched Crazy, Stupid, Love last night and really enjoyed it. Very funny and not the chick flick I was expecting ... 8.5/10.

Watched Flight with Denzel Washington 9/10 very good film if you put to the back of your mind how he lands the plane (bit of an AS IF moment)

Life of PI - 93/100

Just brilliant. Very thought provoking - love films like this that leave you really thinking about the meaning(s). A visually stunning masterpiece too. Oscar anyone?

Prometheus........ a Ridley Scott film, similarish to Alien, my sort of film 8.5/10

The Hobbit. Need to forget I devoured the books as I kept thinking "What's he doing there?" 8/10. Will need to go back again I thnk to really get into the movie, not my thinking head.

War Horse..not exactly my sort of film, but family time at Christmas you have to, don't you?! I slept through the first half and wished I hadn't woken up for the rest! Unless you bloody love horses (as in more than people!) its probs one to avoid!

3 out of 10

Watched Flight with Denzel Washington 9/10 very good film if you put to the back of your mind how he lands the plane (bit of an AS IF moment)

Just seen this and have to agree. Maybe an 8 out of 10 though. Bit cheesy/predictable but ultimately a good watch from start to finish.

Life of PI - 93/100

Just brilliant. Very thought provoking - love films like this that leave you really thinking about the meaning(s). A visually stunning masterpiece too. Oscar anyone?

Just came back from cinema. What a movie! Probably not to everyone's taste, but it's a great movie overall and worth seeing.

9/10 from me, loved the music (link: https://soundcloud.com/life-of-pi) and scenery is seriously beautiful. There should be more movies like that, instead of all these Twilight/Transformes crap!

The Last Stand......,...........8.5 out of 10

Arnie might be a dinosaur,but plenty of action,good car stunts,and lots of humour,well worth a viewing

Arnie might be a dinosaur,but plenty of action,good car stunts,and lots of humour,well worth a viewing

glad to hear its good,i was worried this could go either way :lol:

---------- Post added at 1:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:26 PM ----------

glad to hear its good,i was worried this could go either way :lol:

Argo -89/100 - really tense stuff, great sense of what it must have been like in post revolution Iran

Lincoln - 92/100 - Masterclass from DDL - must be an Oscar winning performance!

Watched Dredd this evening, love it to bits quality film with none of that hollywood glitz to ruin it and plenty of killings. Shame it didn't do to well at the box office.

Just watched MAMA, quite creepy with some jumpy bits but certainly not up there with Del Toro's best (pans labyrinth :) ) 7/10

Taken :- Great film, not to long, good story 9/10

Taken 2 :- Just as good as first. Need to have watched Taken before watching Taken 2. 9/10.

( Both are a must watch )

The Pianist 85/100 - Polanski's epic about the Warsaw ghetto (he himself escaped the Krakow ghetto) - moving, horrifying and inspiring at the same time

This is 40.

Not bad tbf and quite funny. Quite a lot of boobs as well which always adds to the enjoyment! :norty:

Django Unchained.......10/10!!!!

Anyone keen on a bit of Mandingo fighting!!? Wtf!!