n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Thanks 8) 8)! I'm in no immediate rush btw

Are the visible metal bars you mention very noticeable then?

:salute:

here we go,

I guess they could be removed if you want, the seat structure is the same, I think they were originally intended to protect the carpet on the seat backs when you load items with the seats flat.

back of my 1994 8v (black carpet - looks grey in pic but it's def black!)

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfP1010183.JPG[/attachment:2fe1z62k]

back of my 1990 16v (grey carpet)

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfP1010182.JPG[/attachment:2fe1z62k]

spare old 16v rear seat (black carpet)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP1010172.JPG[/attachment:2fe1z62k]

P1010184.JPG[/attachment:2fe1z62k]

here we go,

I guess they could be removed if you want, the seat structure is the same, I think they were originally intended to protect the carpet on the seat backs when you load items with the seats flat.

back of my 1994 8v (black carpet - looks grey in pic but it's def black!)

Thanks for looking for me - looks rather different doesn't it! I don't think my 16v has those bars either, can't lay those seats down anyway due to the parcel shelf speakers :( Keep us updated :salute:

If your looking for a trimmer then give Stuart at Ashley James auto trim a ring. They've just done my dash and made an absolute peach of the work. 01942 816612.

The team he has there is first class.

They're based near Wigan but have a collection and delivery service.

You're right what you say about the old V new leather thing though and I'd personally reccomend having the complete bench re-done.

It looks like either the seat has been repaired (badly) before or it has been soaked. It certainly wouldn't have come from the factory like that.

Send them a small sample from the back of a seat and they'll match it. They're prices are very competitive. The quality is first class and as a result, there is a lead time of usually six weeks.

Oh and mention James suggested them. :D

Thanks for the info, i'll probably go with them - seen your campaign and it looks quality! Hopefully the cost of sending it to them and vice versa won't be too steep. If you don't mind me asking how much do you reckon the rear bench would cost me considering you had a full trim?

Nick

If your looking for a trimmer then give Stuart at Ashley James auto trim a ring. They've just done my dash and made an absolute peach of the work. 01942 816612.

You're right what you say about the old V new leather thing though and I'd personally reccomend having the complete bench re-done.

It looks like either the seat has been repaired (badly) before or it has been soaked. It certainly wouldn't have come from the factory like that.

Send them a small sample from the back of a seat and they'll match it. They're prices are very competitive. The quality is first class and as a result, there is a lead time of usually six weeks.

Thanks for the info, i'll probably go with them - seen your campaign and it looks quality! Hopefully the cost of sending it to them and vice versa won't be too steep. If you don't mind me asking how much do you reckon the rear bench would cost me considering you had a full trim?

Nick

They have a collection and delivery service should you need it. It will be cheaper if you retain the middle bolster but i'd get it trimmed so it doesn't look out of place. They should be able to match the leather pretty damn close. Best to ring Stuart and have a chat. I won't see them for a couple of weeks, when I collect some other bits if you're willing to wait ?

Nick

They have a collection and delivery service should you need it. It will be cheaper if you retain the middle bolster but i'd get it trimmed so it doesn't look out of place. They should be able to match the leather pretty damn close. Best to ring Stuart and have a chat. I won't see them for a couple of weeks, when I collect some other bits if you're willing to wait ?[/quote:1q5q99hu]

I'm more than willing, thanks :D

Well, I thought about it and I decided that I can't justify having 2 corrado's :( I don't commute and only really need 1 for the weekends/evenings.

The 16v has now been sold to someone from the gloucestershire area so any locals should look out for it. I'm gonna miss the car so much and I am confident that it has gone to a good home - the owner has some interesting plans :norty:

Thanks to everyone (esp. davidwort) for their help on the valver over the past 3 years, now I can pester you VR6 experts :lol:

Well, I thought about it and I decided that I can't justify having 2 corrado's :( I don't commute and only really need 1 for the weekends/evenings.

The 16v has now been sold to someone from the gloucestershire area so any locals should look out for it. I'm gonna miss the car so much and I am confident that it has gone to a good home - the owner has some interesting plans :norty:

Thanks to everyone (esp. davidwort) for their help on the valver over the past 3 years, now I can pester you VR6 experts :lol:

Saw this for sale on ebay this morning after looking for some borbets. Sounds like a quick sale! Might even see it if it ends up in south glos.

Saw this for sale on ebay this morning after looking for some borbets. Sounds like a quick sale! Might even see it if it ends up in south glos.

if you do then let me know! Good luck with the borbets, shame i wasn't selling mine :( But if you considered buying new i bought mine from "Race and Road", google them :)

Some small updates,

Fitted a new head unit as the factory cassette players sound quality was crap. Some cheapish Sony one with the all important USB connection.

Fitted all red rears (thanks veedubdave :salute: ). See pics - What annoys me the most is that the rear lights never seem to align properly :bad-words: I'll have another fiddle later but for now it takes years off the car!

Also found a cayenne next to the office...anyone need big brakes? :lol:

Haha, locking wheel nut fail. I don't understand why people don't take brakes as well, they are worth a few hundred quid as well!

Haha, locking wheel nut fail. I don't understand why people don't take brakes as well, they are worth a few hundred quid as well!

My thoughts exactly! Screw the rims, those brakes are huuuge! Not that i'm condoning theft or anything :nono:

Update - i really miss the handling of my 16v, the vr so far feels really unstable taking some corners at speed....methinks its time to lower it asap although i found my old coilovers (weitec hicon gts) too harsh and crashy, i'm thinking springs/dampers will be the way forward....off to the suspension thread!

And my bluetooth hands free has decided to start disconnecting calls after 20 seconds...annoying :bad-words:

nice couple of corrados, your Storm is sweet, dont get too carried away with the lowering then if you dont want to sacriffice too much ride comfort. For what its worth my brother is running Weitec shocks and springs 60mm drop and the ride is very good.

Oh an the cayenne - id def like the yellow callipers and brake set up off that!!!

dave

nice couple of corrados, your Storm is sweet, dont get too carried away with the lowering then if you dont want to sacriffice too much ride comfort. For what its worth my brother is running Weitec shocks and springs 60mm drop and the ride is very good.

Oh an the cayenne - id def like the yellow callipers and brake set up off that!!!

dave

Thanks dude :) I was considering the weitec springs/shocks combo, although their reputation is a little tarnished in my eyes! the 60mm drop sounds ideal actually, depending on if i get some new wheels. I'll be sure to check out your members gallery in a sec, a US spec sounds interesting :norty:

And the brakes were huuuge! Looked as if the rears were bigger than my fronts :lol: They'd go well with your nugget!

Nick

So I met up with a few friends and their respective cars, god there was some nice metal there. Made the rado look so small and weeny in comparison :lol: Maybe i'm just getting bored of the storm looking stock! Some changes are to be made soon methinks...got to keep up!

Cars are an E36 M3 Evo, Celica GT4 WRC edition and another normal GT4 :luvlove:

Also, the car has yet to be cleaned properly for a long time now, today seems like a good day though so might go out and give her the once over.

So I met up with a few friends and their respective cars, god there was some nice metal there. Made the rado look so small and weeny in comparison

You need to go and check out the 'post the best pic of your car' thread - get some inspiration :D

:norty:

:norty: :norty:

You need to go and check out the 'post the best pic of your car' thread - get some inspiration :D

Good idea, there are some nice examples there...just need the money now! :D

:lol: :norty: :norty:

:norty: :norty: :norty:

:norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: 8)

get a room lads :fondle: