n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Thanks gents for the kind words - will look nicer once the car parking dings, key marks and stone chips are gone though! Looking into what products I can actually use once I get it back. I'm reading that waxes and sealants are a nono, maybe a safe glaze for added shine will suffice for a couple of months :)

Couple more pics, as you can see the front end needs a bit of attention... Paintwork next!

902ef3e57f26fb631f944359811f4170.jpg

e92b1c044174350c1ff5c72239390fe4.jpg

bf5ee63d2b5f7c7ba183464382430322.jpg

Needs to be wound down a little more methinks

Stunning looking car. I have often driven past in mine and seen it parked up there, usually nearly crashing as I crane my neck at 40mph plus!..

Would love some CH's as my winter/daily wheels..... they look so good !!!

Took me long enough to find a set!

Stunning looking car. I have often driven past in mine and seen it parked up there, usually nearly crashing as I crane my neck at 40mph plus!..

Always wondered if any CFers had noticed the car where it is parked! If you ever see me outside fiddling around with it, pop in and say hi!

Nick

Picked up my car from the bodyshop (upon arrival I was driven to the guys house where it was being safely stored) after getting all the sh*te fixed up. Looks a lot better than it did, the pictures were quick ones I took earlier but will try to get some better ones sorted.

The guy flopped a little on a couple of bits where there was a little bit of orange peel. I'm hoping a good detail will sort it out. Looks better than it did anyway! No more sagging bumper and stone chips :norty:

WP_20130215_001_zps241b7a2b.jpg

WP_20130215_002_zps386d8df1.jpg

WP_20130215_003_zpsc7daefb0.jpg

Thanks for the comments! Lots still left to do...

Annoyingly got a fecking stone chip on the bonnet driving home! ffs! Don't know if i can live with it, so might see what the sprayer can do. Will be a never ended battle, but it beats having a bonnet bra

That looks fabulous.. I always wanted to trim the dash in my old one. It finishes off the beige interior so well.. The car sits so well on the wheels..

You must be over the moon with it...

Looking fantastic , you will get used to the new paint , ive got two small chips on my bonnet and its only done 1500 miles since the repaint . I got used to the idea that its there to be driven , otherwise it just becomes a trailer queen .

Really nice job, love the classic green storms and looks great on those wheels.

That looks fabulous.. I always wanted to trim the dash in my old one. It finishes off the beige interior so well.. The car sits so well on the wheels..

You must be over the moon with it...

Thanks guys... I am always up for a swap for your ones though ;)

Su PPP erb !

Cheers!

Looking fantastic , you will get used to the new paint , ive got two small chips on my bonnet and its only done 1500 miles since the repaint . I got used to the idea that its there to be driven , otherwise it just becomes a trailer queen .

You're right, last thing I want is a trailer queen... don't have the storage space for a start! Chips and dings may be inevitable, but I was hoping the freshness would last a little bit longer :)

The orange peel on a couple of parts I mentioned earlier, upon research meant I'd have to do wet sanding which is the last thing I want to attempt myself. Spoke to the sprayer who apologised profusely and booked me in to get it rectified FOC 8)

Just a little update - Jetex non resonated system fitted to replace the Milltek and a fresh MOT. Another years motoring done! See you guys at Stanford.

Nick

Thanks! Still a long way to go though. Have seriously thought about selling it recently, but every time someone gives me a thumbs up when driving or compliments the car it makes me persevere a little more!

Nick

Couple of pics from Stanford Hall. See the thread for pics of all the other Corrados, there were some really nice ones. My personal standouts included Harriers VR6 (looked great rolling during the convoy), Rams luxury interior, Goldies super clean VR6 and JMR's rude G60!

Spent hours cleaning the car on Saturday, tried out Wolfs Chemicals nano products (shampoo, polish, sealant) which worked nicely. As I live sandwiched between a busy road and a rail track (paired with a gravelly drive) dust is a nightmare so I bought a halfords car cover to keep her clean throughout the night.

Seeing all of the great corrados at the show has given me inspiration, although at the same time I'm considering selling up and seeing what other motors are out there...

Nick

2a448435796a1f54c106b499c544a412_zpsa373a34a.jpg

705dcc250afdc9775e7ef32ad986adc1_zps3e36a55c.jpg

DSCN0390-1_zps2e9b66ba.jpg

DSCN0399-1_zps30a78cba.jpg

DSCN0441_zpsc1ea8ea0.jpg

Someone took this pic too (which I nicked!) with Kip's super clean nugget.

a6569016fe50347f7df42acd07c612b7_zps9bee5351.jpg

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone, hopefully I will at a later show if I keep the car

Sensational looking car. Saw you say you're thinking of selling up?! Advice from someone who has just paid deposit on his 6th Raddo (5th VR6), I always regret selling one and always seem to come back to them! Every time I say I won't sell this car, every time I get itchy feet and want to try other cars...but every time I buy another one! You've obviously put so much effort and love into your car. There isn't much out there this side of a Porker 993/M3 CSL that appeals more to me. Such a rare car too...I only seem to get positive comments and goodwill in the Raddo

Understand your wanting to try other cars, just think very carefully before you jump, the grass is not usually greener fella?!..

Nice to have met you at the weekend... I had a good perv through the window and that dash is doing a lot for me, i will 100% be following your lead...

If you sell that car mate you are mad i had a good look around it very very nice if someone were to offer to buy mine i would struggle finding a reason to sell them it regardless of what money was involved

Sensational looking car. Saw you say you're thinking of selling up?! Advice from someone who has just paid deposit on his 6th Raddo (5th VR6), I always regret selling one and always seem to come back to them! Every time I say I won't sell this car, every time I get itchy feet and want to try other cars...but every time I buy another one! You've obviously put so much effort and love into your car. There isn't much out there this side of a Porker 993/M3 CSL that appeals more to me. Such a rare car too...I only seem to get positive comments and goodwill in the Raddo

Understand your wanting to try other cars, just think very carefully before you jump, the grass is not usually greener fella?!..

6th Corrado?! Sucker for punishment eh? ;) There is something very special about these cars, and this is my second Corrado but unfortunately I don't have a garage where I can keep it locked away (and anyone who does is out to make a big profit in rental fees). The car itself is running perfectly after having loads of work done, so any new owner would have a well cared for motor.

My budget for a replacement is £10-£12k - that's E46 M3 money (despite looking like a flush chav), decent E39 M5 money, TVR Cerbera money, up it a little more and I could get a 996 C4s (although the interior lets it down imo), etc etc.

Thing is, even if I went for any listed above I know that nothing would feel as special the Corrado on the road in terms of looks, rareness and cool factor (ok maybe the Cerbera :norty: but doubt I'd have the bottle to take the plunge). I am also wondering if I should just spend my budget on a VR6 Turbo (Stealth Kit) as IMO it would be the complete package of looks and power. No idea about reliability though so I have a lot of research to do!

Nice to have met you at the weekend... I had a good perv through the window and that dash is doing a lot for me, i will 100% be following your lead...

Nice meeting you too, must say your car is even better in the flesh than the pics! I reckon a trimmed dash would finish off your interior nicely (but then I would say that :lol:)

If you sell that car mate you are mad i had a good look around it very very nice if someone were to offer to buy mine i would struggle finding a reason to sell them it regardless of what money was involved

Known nothing but Corrados for 6/7 years mate, but like I mentioned above, if I up the power then maybe it'll be awesome. Quite depressing when you've got to really hustle to keep up with some modern TDIs!