n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

good work, really like the dash, looks very well done.

are you doing a heater matrix whilst everythings out? id defo recommend it!!

Second everything Baz says here! Looks lovely, and doing a heater matrix now will save potential headaches in the future... ;)

I wasn't planning to as it seems to be okay, but as it was a mission to get the dashboard out I may as well! I haven't looked at any guides on it yet, but hopefully I've done the hard part and it should be straight forward from here on?

I wasn't planning to as it seems to be okay, but as it was a mission to get the dashboard out I may as well! I haven't looked at any guides on it yet, but hopefully I've done the hard part and it should be straight forward from here on?

I reckon it'll only take you another half an hour in total and cost for a gsf one is about £40.

You'd be a fool not too!

I did mine at the same time and you can rest assured that it won't give up on a long journey somewhere. GSF ones are original items too.

I also re- newed the bulk head screws as these were a nightmare getting off or if yours are ok, definitely recommend copper slipping.

Be nice to see it all installed!

Question is, will you end up with one spare screw?! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Half an hour you say? I'll order one tomorrow morning in that case :) my screws seemed to have survived and I've sandwich bagged everything so hopefully nothing should be left over once it's in!

Just my luck, GSF lists 2 Heater Matrixes but both "For cars without Air Con"

ffs...

Although I was quite surprised to see they sell Air Con compressors! My air con was bypassed years before I bought it for some reason so I'm guessing it would need a new one anyway. Tempting :)

True! Usually I'd check out a breaking thread, but with things like a heater matrix I'd always buy new. I think you can get bits off maybe a 6A block too?

Brand new OEM parts all the way if I can dude, tend to use breakers to get me out of a jam.

Problem is more and more parts are becoming obsolete these days - I was at VW yesterday, wanted to get some new bits and nearly all of em were obsolete as of a week ago! P*ssed

Matrix done, pretty straight forward once you have the dash out... Makes me wonder how the hell some people manage it with it in! The old matrix didn't look too bad actually:

DSCN0388.jpg

Also started putting the cleaned carpet back, used some carpet spray adhesive to stick it down.

DSCN0389.jpg

Slowly starting to resemble a car interior again!

Nick

Today I lost the battle against darkness, but I got a fair bit done! I'm hoping the black lower dash shelves will look alright with the cream dash. More to come tomorrow! Excuse the mess!!

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

Edited by n3p

Love the dash. For me, this is the only thing missing from the interior. Under trays will look good as well.

Did you cover the holes at the back of the dash?

It looks to be nicely trimmed. Did you have any problems getting the Bulk head screws out?

Makes such a difference once your driving seeing it in your peripheral vision.

The dash actually looks so much better and not so dated. IMO

Good work!

Thanks for all of the comments, means a lot!

Rams - The trimmer and I were a bit stumped as to what those holes were for so we decided to just cover them. Knowing my luck, I'll bet you're going to tell me that they're integral and I'll have to pull it out again? :) The 2 screws via the engine bay were very fiddly, sometimes I question the design!

The interior is pretty much done now. Only thing I have to get are replacement lower dash shelves as they got rather mangled. They are resting in situ for the purpose of the pics though. Oh, and the carpet has gone a bit funny in places so I'll have a look at that next chance I get. Feels nice just to drive the car again!

DSCN0400.jpg

Will also order some new mats!

DSCN0399.jpg

Carpet needs to re-jigged here

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

Lower dash shelf just resting in

DSCN0401.jpg

I feel this is how the dash should have left the factory in the first place!

Plans next - Parcel shelf and headlining mainly interiorwise (as well as upgrading the speakers).Watch this space!

Nick

Superb work - looks like it belongs there, which is always the sign of a job well done!

I hate to say it but, I think you're going to have to get those shelves trimmed too to really nail the interior makeover. At least that will get you away from the issue of them being a bit fubarred.... every cloud and all that, lol!

Thanks Dgarwood and Jim - glad its not just me who likes it!

I hate to say it but, I think you're going to have to get those shelves trimmed too to really nail the interior makeover. At least that will get you away from the issue of them being a bit fubarred.... every cloud and all that, lol!

I'm thinking about it, but I'm wondering if it would be a bit overkill... Will have to try and find some pics of others who have done it (which I'm assuming there must be). I've spent far too long these past couple of weekends on the interior though so I'll put up with the mangled black shelves for a bit until I'm mentally prepared to work on it again... Tis cold out there! :)

Looks frickin' sweet dude, very OEM as well - Awesome job ;)

I'll put up with the mangled black shelves for a bit until I'm mentally prepared to work on it again... Tis cold out there!

Tell me about it, still mentally preparing myself to strip out the rocker cover + inlet manifold (top AND bottom) for painting... When you don't have a garage to work on stuff like this you just gotta fight the cold brother! bbrbrbrbr it's worth it in the end though

Cheers Matt, was nasty and cold like you say but worth it in the end. I recently threw out some new 16v manifold gaskets dammit! But if you need a hand, some tools or a place to work give us a shout :) Drove past yours again the other day looking lonely on the hill lol

Was wondering if or not paint my dashboard in beige, now I know the answer :) Looks amazing i leather.