n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

No updates in a while because not much has happened - well, the ABS has completely gone tits up but I'll try and not let it get me down! The rado is currently covered in lots of snow. The neighbours is also stuck right behind so I guess it won't be moving for some time :lol:

Reversed into a parked cars indicator yesterday (it was raining heavily ok!). Luckily the other car wasn't damaged and the lady sitting in it let me off! Unfortunately my arch has a little scrape on it :( . I'm the worst at taking pictures by the way. Could have been a lot worse so i'm thankful that it is only just a small scratch!

Touch up pen for now but I'll get it sorted properly soonish.

http://www.zakparts.com supplied me with a genuine touch up pen, just search for your colourcode. £6.95 for the pen thing, £12.95 for 150ml spray. Not too bad eh!

:norty:

:norty: :norty:

Been a while since I updated so I thought I'd better. Seeming as the weather was nice I thought I'd give the car a small clean. Today I used:

Zymol Auto wash car shampoo

Meguiars clay bar kit

Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0

Spent about 3.5 hours before I got lazy and called it a day.

2011-04-16150323.jpg

2011-04-16160540.jpg

There are a couple of paint/rust bubbles which need to be addressed on the front end some time soon.

For those who have followed this thread before, I actually managed to find someone willing to sell a cream leather rear bench! Matty123 (top guy btw) sorted me out! The leather is getting the gliptone treatment at the moment (thanks for the tips Emu) and will be swapped soon. Therefore soon I will have some spare cream rear bench bits (2x bases, passenger side back and the central armrest) if anyone is interested? Might also be able to give them some treatment if I have any product left.

Drove up to Birmingam to meet Matty123 and couldn't resist a pic of our storms together:

2011-02-25170726.jpg

Loving his one - 200k+ miles, LPG conversion and a VSR (no pics of that :().

That's all for now. Next time I should hopefully get the damn thing lowered - getting tired of the 4x4 ride height!

So I was after some BBS CH's, which predictably didn't come up with any potential sellers :(.

Scouring the net I managed to get something else which took my fancy though. They need a full refurb which Reuben at Tuningwerkes is undertaking for me. I'm giving too much away already so you'll have to see what the result is!

IMG00803-20110729-14181.jpg

BBS RS145 7x16 ET36 and RS146 9x16 ET49 5x130PCD

Needed to know of arch clearance so I got 2 scummy part worn 215/40/16s on a front and rear (btw I'm not gonna keep a 215 on the front!!). Rears were fine with 15mm adapter, might even get away with 20mm. Fronts also ran 15mm which was ok. Could even have 205 on the rear but I think that's a bit too extreme ¬_¬. Tyres now off and wheels left at Tuningwerkes.

Yes! The car will finally be lowered too! It took 2 burly guys weighing down the rear to check clearance. I am ordering KW V2s this weekend...anyone know what they're like?

2011-09-05_181858.jpg

2011-09-07_164529.jpg

Bad quality pic, sorry about that. Expecting to put them on in the spring, so it will make a nice winter wallet lightener :)

Bought on a whim...now to get the buggers to fit!

KGrHqEOKnIE5tGmc1hBOcOfj4mCw60_3.jpg

So for the autumn/winter, I have the following that I've hoarded to fit/sort ready for spring:

Wheels (being refurbed as we speak)

KW V2s & mounts (fit)

Milltek Exhaust (fit - Cheers alex303!)

Brakes (fit)

Dashboard (;x)

It's gonna be a long one!:

Looks like you're going to be busy over the Winter then Nick!

Unfortunately so...need to pull my finger out! lol :) btw great to see you again over the weekend, and thanks for everything. Next time you're in Croydon give us a shout for a drink!

Which Porsche are the brakes from then mate?

Hi, I believe they are 996 911 4pot rears, basically the same as boxster 968 fronts I hope! ha, just need to find some carrier adapters and get some custom lines made...I See from your sig you have cayennes - did you have to source the same kind of parts and if so...help!!

Cheers,

Nick

So for the autumn/winter, I have the following that I've hoarded to fit/sort ready for spring:

Wheels (being refurbed as we speak)

KW V2s & mounts (fit)

Milltek Exhaust (fit - Cheers alex303!)

Brakes (fit)

Dashboard (;x)

It's gonna be a long one!:

Seeming as I haven't updated in forever, here's how she stands now:

Pork brakes - worked out that they are worse than standard VR brakes so scrapped the idea. Still have the calipers, but will eBay them as C2 rears only so no poor VW enthusiast uses them!

BBS RS wheels - dropped them off to be rebuilt in August 2011 from a place I won't mention yet. It's now nearing the end of October 2012 and I'm still waiting on stainless dishes... Everything else done but this is holding back the fitment of the KW V2s I bought yonks ago, as well as bodywork! ****ed off completely, assured it'll be sorted "soon". Weren't willing to refund because apparently the money went to their supplier. Surely not my problem?

Dashboard - at the trimmers as I speak, ready to collect next weekend! Seats also getting conolised as they were looking a bit manky. Not a perma fix, but it'll do for now. Trimmer sent me this pic, v excited

IMG_0816.jpg

Car was leaking rainwater for ages, finally fixed after stripping out the carpet and tracing the leak. Sod's law, it was the fan inlet housing (it was fine before, honest!). Anyway, it gave me a chance to clean the carpet and remove the dashboard for the swap. Here was the cause of the leak:

2012-10-06114844.jpg

Before I found the source I thought buying an SWG scuttle might stop water getting in. Didn't really work, but it turned out to be a nice deathbed for furries

2012-04-17172817.jpg

2012-04-26154439.jpg

2012-04-26154509.jpg

At first glance I thought it was a pile of leaves whilst I was filling up. Felt quite embarrassed after letting out a proper guttural roar at a busy petrol station once I realised what it was upon closer inspection!

Other than that, I spent over a grand on a service which included a new cat 1 alarm, so it's running really nice at the moment. Also picked up a winter hack:

2012-09-06191148.jpg

Volvo V40 1.8 with full tax/test, 157k, FSH... £600! Bargainous and should serve me well for a couple of months.

Fingers crossed the wheels will be sorted soon! Here are some pics of the corrado, ignore the blue tape and slightly sagging bumper!

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Its a thing of beauty :)

Thanks! It means a lot :)

I love the dash...who trimmed that?

The dash was trimmed by a company called Auto Trimming based in Wembley, website is http://www.autotrimming.co.uk/

Cost me £500 which was far cheaper than other places I enquired, and it has taken 4 weeks along with my seats. Top notch service too and highly recommended!

That is a good price.. I have heard quotes of getting for double that.. Did you take the dash out for them? I know that can help bring the cost down dramatically.

That is a good price.. I have heard quotes of getting for double that.. Did you take the dash out for them? I know that can help bring the cost down dramatically.

I bought a spare dash off here and delivered it to the guy. I removed the lock barrel in the glovebox though so I can swap my existing one in when I fit.

Your Storm is looking really nice. Love the unusual plate and the interior/dash work you are doing. I had a C with beige interior/leather and it always looked so grubby. Never quite got round to sorting it. Will keep an eye out for you in the Croydon/ Purley area. Me and my VR6 live in Carshalton Beeches/ Woodmansterne area

Thanks! As mentioned before, my initials are NEP so when I saw the car for sale a couple of years back I put it down to fate ;) The interior has always bugged me, hopefully once it's done I'll try my best to keep it fresh and not grubby.

Since I've been on this forum I've migrated from Croydon to Purley to Coulsdon (not far from Woodmansterne station actually) so I'll look out for you. I know tentonhammer lives very close as I've met him a couple of times, he has a nice Corrado. There's also a blue one on sebrings I see around but I'm assuming that's not you if you're in a VR

Nick

Hi Nick,

You have been busy eh? Nice trim, glad to see you bit the bullet and got it done. Will def have to have a butchers when it's all in, let me know if you need a hand putting it back together.

TBH I don't normally like cream interior as it doesn't match the stock black dash (plus dog would dirty it up in no time mate ;)) but trim the dash in cream as well now and wow... That looks pretty sweet I must say!

Is that your new Ibanez on your profile pic??

Hi Matt! Speak of the devil...

Only decided to bite the bullet on the interior once I'd taken it all out to find the leak, blessing in disguise really! I'll let you know once it's all in, but cheers for the offer of help - if I'm stuck I'll give you a shout :)

Yup, that's the JEM I was telling you about. Ibanez JEM77PMC to be exact - only 271 made back in 92 so should hold its value. Ugly as sin, but plays like a beast!

Only decided to bite the bullet on the interior once I'd taken it all out to find the leak

Makes sense, I probably would have done the same.

That's some seriously tripped out Jem you got there fella! Nice one. Any guitar that holds it's value is worth keeping IMO. Funny really because I often think guitars hold their value better than cars....

Edited by tentonhammer

Took a trip to the trimmers this morning to collect my dashboard and seats. Very impressed with the results and price! Obviously re-trimming the seats would have been the preferred option, but it's a nice stop gap while I sort some other bits out first. Some pics:

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

I have some better speaker covers to go on too :)

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the seats before hand as I'd misplaced my camera charger (since found), but here they are now:

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

Got back and set to work on removing the dashboard. Not as easy as I thought! I'd read on here that the glovebox was the hardest part to get off, but while it was tricky the hardest part for me was removing the 2 screws at the back of the little compartment below the ashtray. They just did not want to budge! Persevered and eventually I was left with this:

DSCN0380.jpg

Because my car was leaking on the passenger side previously, all of the under carpet padding was mouldy and ruined. Bought some jute felt from AS-Trimming, and laid it under the rubber stuff:

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

Bit of a messy worker! But it's gonna be covered in carpet soon anyway ;) Started running out of light, and realised I had no adhesive to stick the carpet down so called it a day. Guess I'll have to wait until next weekend till I can work on the car again

Nick