n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Nice, I hope those brake sare getting fitted as well now.

Yep, he'll be doing those while the pipework is being painted. I tried to fit them myself when I bought them but couldn't get the sodding brake hose union undone - gave up after lots of swearing, didn't want to properly round off anything!

You planning on making it to national day mate ? Hope all goes well mate bet you enjoy the brakes just as much as the power lol

That's the plan, I have loads of other bits to sort out for then too so it's gonna be tight. Hope the brakes provide adequate stopping power!

Must admit the more I think about it the more I fancy just sending the car down to get this done. I know Id like to do it myself but looking very unlikely I will have time or space to.

One thing that Ive been looking into regarding gearbox and turbo to increase longevity is to get all the gears and shafts superfinished to help.

Was the original block good and well within tolerances?

Must admit the more I think about it the more I fancy just sending the car down to get this done. I know Id like to do it myself but looking very unlikely I will have time or space to.

One thing that Ive been looking into regarding gearbox and turbo to increase longevity is to get all the gears and shafts superfinished to help.

Was the original block good and well within tolerances?

For someone as clueless as myself it was a no brainer to get a complete drive in, drive out service and I felt that the price was pretty good for the level of work involved. I did originally enquire at other places as The_Dude from this parish had a turbo setup to sell, but people were either not interested anymore (old hat) or didn't reply.

Head and block was ok, although my head needed a skim and new valve guides as well as chains/guides (they were previously changed 70k ago!). I've also had the gearbox "refreshed" I think, as well as an LSD stuck in for good measure. No Racelogic though... a mod for the future maybe.

The box will always be a bit of a worry for me, and I looked into shot peening but apparently it isn't good on well used (old) gears. Having the gears cryogenically treated seems to be a viable option, but the box is in now so I'll see how long it lasts!

It's being mapped this week too, so I should have some figures shortly. Will keep you posted.

Hi Nick

Just wanted to say its great to read about the progress with the turbo - i had a good chat with Vince about how it was going last time i was there a couple of weeks ago

The custom straight through exhaust looks peachy & that was in its pre-fab phase!!

Hi Nick

Just wanted to say its great to read about the progress with the turbo - i had a good chat with Vince about how it was going last time i was there a couple of weeks ago

The custom straight through exhaust looks peachy & that was in its pre-fab phase!!

Hello! Thanks for that, I've yet to see the car in ages so it's nice to get reports from other owners who do see it :) No idea what the exhaus tip looks like either... Hope the install wasn't causing him too much grief! How are them Solitudes treating you?

Nick

Hello! Thanks for that, I've yet to see the car in ages so it's nice to get reports from other owners who do see it :) No idea what the exhaus tip looks like either... Hope the install wasn't causing him too much grief! How are them Solitudes treating you?

Nick

No worries m8, it was nice to see that your motor had progressed so much on my last visit there. I may even see it again soon as unfortunately it looks like my VR will be having to go back there once again as its still not right :(

Solitudes are wrapped up nice & warm in my gf's garage ready to have quick detail & then transfer onto her storm when the weather improves - thank you once again for them!!

Just got some power figures off Vince... Holy sh*t

These are plotted against my Stage 2 Vortech supercharger...

bhp_zpsbe204d6e.jpg

torque_zps0d568df9.jpg

For anyone who can't see the pics - 424.9bhp, 432.6 lbft :| :| :|

Heh.. just seen these results posted up on Facebook by one of the Stealth guys and had a feeling it was your motor :) Amusing how they took your supercharged car and virtually added the power of a 16v Corrado to it! :)

You're telling me! Now i'm really worried about the gearbox!

Vince also sent a comparison against a 500bhp big turbo Audi S3 (in red)...

bhp:

bhp_s3_zps6793001c.jpg

torque:

torque_s3_zps6e123dac.jpg

...insane!

You will not believe the torque on it until you actually drive it. They are awesome. Healthy numbers there, any idea on the boost level?

That is really impressive!

To add to Coullstar's question about boost, what turbo is that running?

That is really impressive!

To add to Coullstar's question about boost, what turbo is that running?

According to the kit, T04s Turbo – 0.70 Cold. 0.68 Hot. All I know I'm afraid!

0.68 is probably why it tails of a bit. Mine was originally 1.06 then I went with a 0.82 which I think was the best. Still thats splitting hairs right now. You will learn so much about how these things work.

Great results. Some crazy numbers. That graph makes a charged Vr look feeble compared to the power from that turbo.

Have you opted for one of stealths turbo conversions. What mods have been done to the engine. Look forward to the final results and spec :)

Over 400brake in a Corrado is serious just got to make sure that everything else can cope with it then it's Porsche Battering time Quality love it Nick you are going to surprise a few with that.