n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Did you ever find out why it was stalling? I hope the charger just gives it that extra oomph when wanted, 296bhp sounds good!

it was never sorted, even after two trips to stealth for one of there custom s/c maps it still bloody stalled.

n3p I remember seeing you on the way out in Stanford hall. Mine Green storm too near the round about...Have you thought about putting a wanted add for a Vr6 Turbo. I think I will just go and buy a good one rather than converting my one if it was me. I wonder if Crazy dave is sellling his...Ive been eyeing up THAT one !!! :)

Hello, I remember seeing yours too - Nice car. Didn't you drive all the way back to Anglesey or something?! I know of a couple of VRTs for sale, but I've spent a fair bit of time and money on my paint, interior etc. Never seen Crazy Daves one, was he at Stanford Hall?

it was never sorted, even after two trips to stealth for one of there custom s/c maps it still bloody stalled.

Well, that doesn't fill me with much confidence! Maybe a Vortech eats MAFs or something ;(

Standard VR6s stall, let alone SC'd ones :D

Stealth sorted that problem out years ago anyway :D

If you liked the V9 charged car, you'll love yours with a V1 even more as it's much better suited to the VR6 than the 9.

I'll put a tenner on you wanting a turbo 6 months later though :D

Standard VR6s stall, let alone SC'd ones :D

Stealth sorted that problem out years ago anyway :D

If you liked the V9 charged car, you'll love yours with a V1 even more as it's much better suited to the VR6 than the 9.

I'll put a tenner on you wanting a turbo 6 months later though :D

Good to know that Stealth know of the problem now. Hopefully the V1 will be good enough for me, althought I've read up on vortex that it is LOUD. hmmm, I'm more for the understated look but hopefully it'll be a good loud.

Funnily enough, the people I'v spoken to around here who have gone VRT had chargers before :( I suppose you end up getting used to things after a while.

Good to know that Stealth know of the problem now. Hopefully the V1 will be good enough for me, althought I've read up on vortex that it is LOUD. hmmm, I'm more for the understated look but hopefully it'll be a good loud.

Funnily enough, the people I'v spoken to around here who have gone VRT had chargers before :( I suppose you end up getting used to things after a while.

Ahem. Skip the charger, go turbo.

Ahem. Skip the charger, go turbo.

Well you would say that ;) but it was your charged VR that made me want to do mine!

What happened to it?

Long time no see though, hope you're well?

I'm good dude thanks. Lurk round here occasionally but rarely post any more. If you thought the charger was good, the turbo kicks its bottom. The power delivery puts a smile on your face every time, much more of a torque kick than the slower progression you get with a charger.

Unfortunately due to rust and unemployment mine's sitting in a million parts on my drive slowly being sold off in bits and bobs. Its a crying f'in shame it had to come to that. I'm too lazy to start a breaking thread tho! Some guy round the corner is doing a vr conversion on his Golf so he's buying some of it. Still got all the turbo stuff if you change your mind ;)

Darn, never thought it would be in bits! Was a monster on the road. If you are serious of splitting any bits then I'd definitely be interested in an oil cooler, water/methanol and big brakes if you have them. I have to ask how much you'd want for all the turbo bits though... feel free to PM me ;)

I've since moved from my old place and no longer have a garage which is annoying. I do however have a volvo estate which is basically a rolling parts storage unit so I could quite easily take anything off your hands! My C should be on show at "Motorsport at the Palace" this Sunday btw, I am still waiting for my ticket to arrive though.

Nick

Never usually take the C to a car wash, but found one local to me which I thought I'd try. Hand washed at first then rinsed and initially dried on a conveyor belt. Had to take a video! Ignore the dodgy music...HD viewing recommended :)

Also, Stealth tomorrow!

[video=youtube_share;fWSvIuAs1Ak]

Looks like a corrado production line...very unusual car wash. Your car looks minty clean.

Looks like a corrado production line...very unusual car wash. Your car looks minty clean.

Car washes make me :pukeright:

Car does look great though! :thumbleft:

:thumbleft: thanks guys... classic green is obviously the best colour!

This is beautiful :cool:

I can imagine all the work will pay off!!

(I spoke to you earlier from HIC!)

:wave:

Unfortunately the car ran into some issues on the dyno (fuel pump) so i couldn't pick it up today :(

Maybe see you at a show in the future!

Nick

This is beautiful :cool:

I can imagine all the work will pay off!!

(I spoke to you earlier from HIC!)

Time for a little update. Dropped off the car to Stealth a couple of weeks back to get a charger fitted. Lots of blips in the road, ended up having to have a lot of work done including tappets, updated injectors, fuel pump etc etc.

In the mean time I was without car as my spare Volvo's gearbox decided to die. Picked up a barge as a replacement, lots of car for silly money:

20d21f3cc6850fe1ec203495bb69a11a_zps13685a49.jpg

X-Type 3.0 V6, surprisingly the sensible car!

Got a call from Vince this morning, and an hour later I was on the train from Marylebone. Rough breakdown of the spec:

Vortech V1 Supercharger (Stage 2)

Schimmel 263 cams

Mocal 13 Row oil cooler

Red top injectors

Whatever updated fuel pump stealth use

Also got a new rad, plugs and leads.

Initial thoughts, coming from a basically stock VR6 (with an olllld AmD chip): It sounds insane! When revving anyway. At idle it whistles, so you know something is there which takes out a bit of the stealth factor. The car pulls like crazy past 3k, and the cams make it a lot grunting down low. I was giggling home! Although brakes are a must do ASAP.

Some initial pics,

d8baa39a8d9c42d3be987e131740dfea_zps5936460d.jpg

d1b2ea784384a38f5c21c48a71dc19da_zps5c02fe15.jpg

d495ddff311754354c47dfc73d097399_zpsc612489f.jpg

Also found my mpg gauge is playing up now, temp a little lower than usual after a motorway. Maybe something to do with the new rad? will see how it goes over time...

1e45c2ede59e61672818ab83cdbbbe61_zpsd8e7a5e9.jpg

Nick

Great results! Thats a good list that stealth have done, bet your itching to keep going out in it now! :lol:

Nice results! I remember talking to you at Stanford Hall about charging. Well done, it's a good feeling and the more you go out in it the better it feels.

Hopefully it's brought the spark back for you, I remember you saying that you were not sure to keep it or not and I think I said if you charge it you will love it all over again.

Happy for you buddy

Good results there mate. As said difference between standard and charged is night and day. Especially when above 4k rpm :)

Great results! Thats a good list that stealth have done, bet your itching to keep going out in it now! :lol:

The bill was a lot more than I (and Vince) expected, but it is driving superbly now. Can't wait to get home tonight and take it for a spin :norty:

Nice results! I remember talking to you at Stanford Hall about charging. Well done, it's a good feeling and the more you go out in it the better it feels.

Hopefully it's brought the spark back for you, I remember you saying that you were not sure to keep it or not and I think I said if you charge it you will love it all over again.

Happy for you buddy

Hi Rams, it has rekindled my love of the car again... but it hasn't even been 24 hours so I will see how I get on! It's no Rotrex like yours but it is still good in its own right, reminds me of my old valver - revving the nuts off it to get it to shift! But boy does it shift ;)

Good results there mate. As said difference between standard and charged is night and day. Especially when above 4k rpm :)

I was finding it quite hard to drive 'normally' - one minute you're pulling away, next you look down and you're approaching 50mph+! The boost is addictive, and I can only imagine what a Turbo VR would be like in comparison!

Junctions are approaching a LOT faster now though, so I really need to put some bigger brakes on. I did buy some 288s which should do the job.

Nick

Good stuff!

Mpg gauge on the MFA you mean, and perhaps reading higher than it should? That'll be the red top injectors. Small pulses, which is how the VR6 MFA calculates MPG. Wide open throttle = long injector pulses and cruise and idle = short injector pulses. The ECU is programmed for the original orange tops, so the reds won't read right. I was seeing 44mpg at 80mph with my red tops when it was charged, which is ever so slighlty optimistic :D

Good stuff!

Mpg gauge on the MFA you mean, and perhaps reading higher than it should? That'll be the red top injectors. Small pulses, which is how the VR6 MFA calculates MPG. Wide open throttle = long injector pulses and cruise and idle = short injector pulses. The ECU is programmed for the original orange tops, so the reds won't read right. I was seeing 44mpg at 80mph with my red tops when it was charged, which is ever so slighlty optimistic :D

Cheers for clearing that up, explains a lot! My MPG was reading around 45mpg by the time I got home! I'd like to think 308bhp is enough, but let's see how I get on with the charger. I can only imagine a turbo being twice as savage :norty:

Your car is epic fella, pretty much the ideal combo of OEM+ looks and performance. It should also qualify for free road tax and no congestion charge with your new MPG?! I would get onto Boris ASAP?!

When are you going to organise the Croydon/Surrey meet? :norty:

Couple of pics of mine from the National Day (also on the main thread). Was a great day!

1ae342b5e8f8b0bbd5b3fdbd50af5c05_zps14e1eaea.jpg

cdba87a585ddf6c3c0b08e1a1dc29b73_zpsc8b291dd.jpg

VWAUDI200713998_zps07de3d4c.jpg

VWAUDI200713999_zps87da7954.jpg