Kev_VR6

Moonroof Advice Needed

I bought a facelift Octavia - 2000 onwards - panel yesterday and offered it up to the car. It physically fits, screws into place, sits well against the roof line, however it has a late 6 wire loom with a circular switch.

the rado has a three wire loom with toggle switch. I couldn't work out a way of getting the wiring to work with the rado loom.. and if i did, then I'd still be left trying to fit the octavia panel to the rado panel which would involve a lot of cutting.

I tried swapping the motors, however the octavia motor is offset and screws in with 3 screws, rather than the rados two so they wont swap.

I've had a look at the loom on mine and it's 4 wire into the switch and 6 wire in the sunroof motor.

Given that this is right loom, do you think the Octavia motor would fit under the Corrado panel?

I just got a passat estate roof, only to find that when it was delivered the glass is far too big :( Gutted!!!

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

In fact i've just spotted the glass from an ibiza for sale, if i just bought the glass is it possible to transfer that onto my current sunroof??

Do you guys have quite a bit of wind noise with the moonroof? Mine does so just wondering if thats normal or should i try and replace the seal?

Yes, although with the sunblind closed it's a bit quieter. I fitted a new outer seal and that reduced the noise a bit. It's still noisier than the original roof though. Just turn the stereo up :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I just got a passat estate roof, only to find that when it was delivered the glass is far too big :( Gutted!!!

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

In fact i've just spotted the glass from an ibiza for sale, if i just bought the glass is it possible to transfer that onto my current sunroof??

What year Passat Estate? There's good info on Moonroof fitting here... http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?3808393

Yes, although with the sunblind closed it's a bit quieter. I fitted a new outer seal and that reduced the noise a bit. It's still noisier than the original roof though. Just turn the stereo up :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

What year Passat Estate? There's good info on Moonroof fitting here... http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?3808393

So according to that a mk3 golf and a jetta will fit?

So according to that a mk3 golf and a jetta will fit?

Im pretty certain the Golf one will NOT fit. Think its too 'curved'.

not at work but il see what i can do when im home tomorow i have photos some where of all the interior out as i was doing it bit by bit.

I've gone for the Passat B3 roof and am getting the bodyshop to fit for me while it's in. I'll get pics up soon as I get it back...

sorry to bother, have stripped out headlining to fit passat moonroof tomorrow, question is after reading through quite a few posts , there is a few mentions of fitting washers for spacing so roof sits properly , is this correct and if so how many and on which bolts, advice needed

When i fitted mine didn't need any spacers. And it sits fine and works perfectly.

Mine is off a passat (i think).

You will see when you bolt it up, but you will probably need some washers / spacers for the front bolts as the front may sit a bit higher than you want. Thus making it a bit noisier and possibly leaky.

Picked my car up earlier today - had the body shop fit the moonroof for me and it looks great. It was the Passat B3 Estate version.

Here's a couple of pics of it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48263[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48264[/ATTACH]