GlosterOx

1994 Dark Burgundy Pearl VR6

Nope! ;)

Its taking him a long time to return home, I know the M6 can be a bit gnarly at times, but 5 days...................

Ha Ha!! - Journey back was fine, I'm now the proud owner of Jay Renshaws DBP VR6. Have started the ball rolling by replacing/repairing a few things plus have a load of parts to collect from VW on saturday too.

Ian.

great work, look forward to seeing the car IRL sometime soon! cant remember from sunday what you said youre doing with yours, are you keeping both?

great work, look forward to seeing the car IRL sometime soon! cant remember from sunday what you said youre doing with yours, are you keeping both?

The red one will be up for sale very soon.

Ian.

Really pleased its gone to such a nice fella in Ian who will continue improving it. I was actually more sad to see it go than I thought. I even took a poignant photo as it was driven away in front of the house build! :(

[ATTACH]69747[/ATTACH]

Glad to see it's gone to an enthusiast forum member. Shame it's left the north west (as so many good ones have recently). But that's life.

We are mere custodians.

Photos and updates soon as you can !

All the best with your new toy. It's a good one.

Thanks for the kind words Jay and James, it is certainly my intention to try and improve on the hard work already done - Perhaps will update after the weekends efforts!!

Ian.

Well I started last weekend from the back of the car forwards, first job was to replace one of the parcel shelf straps that had snapped and then moved onto the mirror swich as it was "dead". Jay had confirmed there was power getting to it so thought it might just need the contacts cleaning, however on removing it from the handle it literally fell apart so the spare I had tucked away come in handy and all working now. Next was the Door Pins in the B Pillars as the drivers one didn't always catch 1st time, so replaced and all adjusted.

The Corrado floor mats were next on the list followed by Lupo Wipers with new nut covers whilst today I fitted an OE aerial plus new base gasket/seal and it looks much tidier now. Next stage was under the bonnet, screws and bolts etc have been replaced with St/Steel where feasible, Passat wiper cover fitted, new earth strap, battery cover, Mk3 Golf washer bottle cap, nickel plated/polished battery clamp with St/Steel bolt and new warning stickers on the rad panel.

The grille had 2 tabs broken so a good S/H one was bought off the forum, whilst the old one was out I cleaned up that area and replaced the 5 little rubber grommets that sit in the recesses and now the grille sits rock solid. I'd also bought, but not fitted yet, the cover that goes in/around the temp sensors and thermostat(?) - Ordered one and had a nice surprise when I opened the box as VW had put two in there!!

Heres some pics:

Good work mate. Result on the new covers- amazing these are available again- thought they were long obsolete!

Carried out a few more odd jobs last weekend and this, starting with draining and refilling the gearbox oil with Castrol fully synthetic - What came out looked quite old and dirty.

The interior needed a bit of TLC so now have a working light in the glovebox and a sun visor that works too. One of the top centre dash vents was broken so that was replaced along with a damaged tweeter cover plus the HRW switch also lights up now when in use. Lastly I now have a very nice S/H chrome VR6 grille badge that finishes it off,thanks to everyone who supplied me parts.

Ian.

Happy days!! - Thanks to a tip off from Rodmax (Cheers Rod) a trip in the pouring rain yesterday to the local breakers confirmed they had a B4 1995 Passat Estate, so 15 minutes and £20 later I now have a moonroof with motor, motor cover inc 3rd sunvisor, interior light/switch assy plus a few other bits as well.

Ian.

Happy days!! - Thanks to a tip off from Rodmax (Cheers Rod) a trip in the pouring rain yesterday to the local breakers confirmed they had a B4 1995 Passat Estate, so 15 minutes and £20 later I now have a moonroof with motor, motor cover inc 3rd sunvisor, interior light/switch assy plus a few other bits as well.

Ian.

Hmmmn, good luck with fitting it and getting it to seal properly, they are a pig to do and either seal or don't, it's pot-luck.

Harries?

Yes, Harry Bucklands.

Ian.

---------- Post added at 8:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 AM ----------

Hmmmn, good luck with fitting it and getting it to seal properly, they are a pig to do and either seal or don't, it's pot-luck.

Have "helped" to fit one before so got a reasonable idea - Liked this moonroof in particular as the seal was in far better condition than some I had seen.

Ian.

Yes, Harry Bucklands.

Ian.

---------- Post added at 8:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 AM ----------

Have "helped" to fit one before so got a reasonable idea - Liked this moonroof in particular as the seal was in far better condition than some I had seen.

Ian.

Can you tell me what sort of seal it has, is it fabric or rubber ? Have you got another seal to go insode or is it just the single seal type, is there any chance you could take a pic of it for me please ?

Can you tell me what sort of seal it has, is it fabric or rubber ? Have you got another seal to go insode or is it just the single seal type, is there any chance you could take a pic of it for me please ?

IIRC there is a fabric outer seal but not sure about another one? - Will grab it out of the shed @ the weekend when it is light and photograph it for you.

Ian.