GlosterOx

1994 Dark Burgundy Pearl VR6

I finally went and bought myself a VR6 last Saturday, so after being nagged by Andy (Cazza VR) I thought I'd better start a thread on it.

Got up early to catch the train from Gloucester to Tunbridge Wells, Kent after agreeing a deal over the phone with the seller Chris - He collected me from the station and the car looked as good as it had done in the advert. Really enjoyed the trip home, averaged nearly 32 mpg in stop/start traffic according to the MFA.

It is all standard suspension and brake wise, apart from a magnex cat back stainless exhaust and audioscape front door pods. It is high mileage, nearly 201K, but has had a replacement vege engine @ 143K and as the local forum members who saw it last Sunday will testify the body is in excellent condition (just a lack of paint on the corner of the front bumper). Came with a box file full of receipts, old sprinter mags plus an original VW Corrado brochure and price list.

It has obviously been really looked after by the previous owner, who had it for 10 years, and I intend to do the same - I've always liked Flash Red after seeing Jim's valver in the flesh.

Intend to keep it pretty standard, but have replaced a few things already. The rear wiper is now an aero one to match the TT fronts, the tailgate strut bracket screws have been replaced with zinc plated St/Steel ones with a new retaining pin and circlip. The front struts now have plastic caps to tidy it up and have fitted a TT washer bottle cap, as it looks more modern.Sourced and fitted a 2nd hand Golf battery jacket/cover and replaced all the stickers on the plastic rad panel plus all the headlamp screws. The slam panel and rad support bracket bolts have all been replaced with St/Steel ones too. The o/s front fog light was cracked so I also replaced that and after a lot of use the leather stg wheel had lost most of it's grain around the rim so swopped that with another that I had.

Need to get a replacement drivers door card as the fabric is very worn but apart from that it is in really good condition trim wise. I will not be doing a lot of miles, just the odd trip to work and weekends, so hopefully it will last me a good many years.

Pics below, let me know what you think?

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 001.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

ETKA Corrado.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 004.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 009.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

Corrado92.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 015.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 plus others 001.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 plus others 002.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfSouth Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 plus others 005.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

South Glos Corrado Mini Meet 08-08-10 plus others 004.jpg[/attachment:mxbk7nci]

Ian :clap:

Edited by GlosterOx

Great colour :wink: . Put my standard rear light on after seeing your pics last week. Seem to suit the red better. Are you putting the side rubbing strips back on?

Great colour :wink: . Put my standard rear light on after seeing your pics last week. Seem to suit the red better. Are you putting the side rubbing strips back on?

Can't, I bought it without the rubbing strips - In all honesty I prefer it without them on, will just have to be very careful in car parks etc.

From one new owner to another, the car looks very good. Just had mine this week (Thurs) :D . Yours does look better though :salute:

Hope you have many happy years VRing.

Nice to see you've got a Gallery thread up and running, Ian. Saw the car last week, and it's a stunner! It's unbelievable for the mileage- the paint has a superb depth to it 8)

This really is a lovely car. Paintwork is superb and its general condition is way up there. Ian - I think you've grabbed yourself a real bargain there! I'm sure you will lavish care and attention on it but it already looked superb the other week :)

Been a while, so thought it time to update this with recent developments. Had Jay's engine mount inserts collecting dust so got the car on a ramp at my friends garage and got those fitted along with a Lemforder MK2 Golf Gearbox Mount, changed the gearbox oil for Castrol fully synthetic as well - No untold movement now so a definite improvement.

Carried on the Red theme and fitted the nearly new VW HT Leads that i got off Paul (KIPVW), really pleased with those too.

Whilst under the car I decided it was time to tidy up the underside as well, so the wishbones came off and were blasted and painted satin black followed by R32 bushes in the back and powerflex in the front and also powerflex bushes on the anti-roll bar as well - We also cleaned the subframe as well. To ensure it drove perfectly I also got the tracking camber/castor adjusted as well.

The last item to go on was my large bore throttle body, the finish on it is superb as it is now a pretty uniform size top to bottom and the "lip" 1/2 way down has gone as well. On driving home it definitely seemed to have improved the throttle response plus the damper(?) on it seems better as well, so in conjunction with the renewed engine/gearbox mounts made for a very enjoyable experience.

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

Hope to be, have voted for breakfast @ Kemble as that suits me the best with my other commitments for Sunday.

Have decided to put the car up for sale this weekend as I am getting another one tomorrow, details at a later date. Here are some pics of it today after a good clean + polish.

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

Is it the one I just texted you about? :lol:

No, pockets are not that deep I'm afraid.

Ian.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:59 PM ----------

Give us a clue !?!

Not much of a clue but the colour is the same as one that was on our Club Stand @ Volksfest this year plus it has a leather interior.

Ian.

Im on the M6 heading for Cheshire if that gives you a clue?

Ian.

Does this C have an engine? and is it grey?