Sign in to follow this  
Wainman435

Help wanted to find a part volkswagon dont make anymore!

Hello, The other day my accelerator cable snapped on my '94 VW Corrado VR6 Model Part Number 536721555. Ive tried The dealers but they said they stopped making them earlier this year and i cant seem to find one anywhere, i just wonderedif anyone has any suggestions.

check the sales forum on here for anyone breaking a Corrado, or failing that stick a thread in the Wanted ads and see if anyone can help you out

It's starting to look seriously grim for the Corrado now :|

yeah it is, but there will be ways around most of it, people still drive older classics and manage, im sure we will be fine :D

I wonder if MK3 VR6 cables are still available? Must be quite similar ?

I bought a cable a few years ago and never used it. Think I'd better hang onto it then!

are volkswagon classic parts selling corrado stuff yet? i know they are starting to sell rallye stuff again

Send your broken cable to Speedy cables, they will make you a new one,within a week.

Prices are reasonable, if you tell them what it is, they will keep it on file,then everybody on here can order one.

Sorry i cant post link,as i'am on my phone. Good luck

WHATS THE NAME OF THE AMERICAN SITE THAT SELLS EVERYPART (damn caps lock) bloody expensive but they do have every single nut bolt washer plastic thingy etc lights reflectors you name it you could build a car ffrom scratch with what they have...

Good grief :roll: I mean how much does it cost them to keep a few of these kicking around!

Made myself a bonnet release cable at work today for the 8v which had snapped and it works a bloody treat :D all for less than £7.50 RRP wonder if i should start selling them as a kit :lol: will test it out for a while first though but 30 plus hard pulls on it so far and all is good :grin:

are volkswagon classic parts selling corrado stuff yet? i know they are starting to sell rallye stuff again

theyre pretty random , classic parts has a few random stickers and odds n ends for old golfs etc , but dont seem intrested in keeping parts that are needed to keep the car on the road

id try speedy cables

Hello, The other day my accelerator cable snapped on my '94 VW Corrado VR6 Model Part Number 536721555. Ive tried The dealers but they said they stopped making them earlier this year and i cant seem to find one anywhere, i just wonderedif anyone has any suggestions.

Try ordering a 536 721 555 A, that will fit ok.

the throttle cable for the 94 is on a chassis break, the later ones are still available 95 corrados, i think these are the one yandards is on about, just checked with tps.

the throttle cable for the 94 is on a chassis break, the later ones are still available 95 corrados, i think these are the one yandards is on about, just checked with tps.

Nope.

The later 95 cables are really only for the last 5000 or so Corrados and most of those were never brought into the UK for sale.

I suspect that this is another case of dealers not being bothered to check properly, the other snag is that the original cable part number will not have the suffix 'A' on it and checking on ETKA with a part number search does not provide you with the revised item.

Seriously if anyone trys to order the part number(536 721 555 A) I provided I would expect you to be able to buy one. I have lost count of the amount of times someone has posted on here saying something is obsolete only to order one a week later at the dealers. A lot of main dealers really can't be bothered to do a little digging and it's far easier to say something is obsolete rather than do a little work.