Kevin Bacon

The Baconator's latest victim

Thought it was about time for a gallery I suppose!

Here's a retrospective look back at the many changes my car's gone through over the last 8 years or so, the poor thing! :D

The earliest pic of the car when I bought in Feb 2003 with 73K on the clock. Almost immediately it had Koni/HRs and Eibach ABRs fitted and colour coded side strips and door handles :D

Dscf0113.jpg

Standard engine made 205hp and 199lbft.

DSCF0007.jpg

Some random Ebay 16" wheels and the usual Schrick VGI and 268 cams.

front.jpg

side1.jpg

shrek.jpg

RHW ZW1 8x17

rh_zw6_196.jpg

Dscf0022.jpg

Dscf0024.jpg

Oettinger RE 8 x 17 and Supercharged.

Dscf0029.jpg

Dscf0027.jpg

Dscf0025.jpg

Stage 2 Supercharged (8psi), which made 290hp and 245lbft.

engine.jpg

Stage 3 Supercharged (12psi), which made 321hp and 260lbft

Dsc00950.jpg

BBS RX 7.5 x17 and Leather 8)

HRCoilovers.jpg

offsidefrontquarter.jpg

Fullleather.jpg

7.5 x 16 Speedlines

RadoBW_3610.jpg

Supercharger taken off in preperation for turboness. Stock engine with Schimmel intake, worked brilliantly 8)

Dsc00964.jpg

7 x 17 ProRace 1

IMG_5401.jpg

2008 to Present

8 x 17 Rota GForce

Oct08_side.jpg

Oct08_side1.jpg

Rotas_Stance_03_10.jpg

8 x 17 Compomotive MO

Img_0041.jpg

Img_0040.jpg

Img_0042.jpg

Turbo lump

Img_0015.jpg

Interior not to everyone's tastes but I'm more interested in what the engine is doing :D

Img_0051.jpg

Img_0048.jpg

Img_00492.jpg

Current Engine spec:-

AAA block rebuilt with 83mm Forged pistons

Schimmel head - +1mm Inconel valves, 3 angle, cut back stems and guides, port matched, Titanium caps and collets, HD springs

Schimmel 263 cams

Schimmel Chargecooler

Schimmel intake

ATP turbo manifold

GT35R turbo

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Tial 50mm BOV

DTA S80 ECU installed and mapped by myself

Home made 3" downpipe

ATP 3" Cat converter

Techtonics Tuning 2.5" Exhaust

Denso 1220 500cc injectors

Bosch F5DPOR spark plugs

Saab V6 coilpack

Stock Golf VR6 throttle

Stock VR6 idle valve

R32 Sump and oil pump

Current running gear:-

Quaife Diff

3.68 Final Drive

Stock shafts and CVs

KW V3 coilovers

Eibach rear ARB

Trimsport rear brace

AP Racing 330mm 4 pot front brakes

Eurospect 280mm rear brakes

Seam welded subframe and engine mount holders

Vibratechnics competition front mount

Vibratechnics Fast road rear mount

VAG rubber gearbox mount

Compomotive MO 1783 wheels with 215/40/17 Kumho KU31

Current Mileage - 190,197

Engine power, as of the Stealth Racing RR day a few years ago:-

power.jpg

Engine torque, as of the Stealth Racing RR day a few years ago:-

torque.jpg

VRT Build thread - http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?139931

Yay! I made it into your gallery!

What sort of rev limit do you have on that engine?

What's the Saab coilpack like? Comparable pricewise to standard? Would the standard ECU drive it?

Those new wheels have really had an effect on you I see. All of a sudden new rims and you just wanted another excuse to whore some pics about lol.

Awesome car remember seeing it at inters 2005, were you with audioscape then.

About time you sorted a members gallery :D !!

All very interesting to see how its evolved and I can think of hundred questions but the one that springs to mind immediately is how the hell do you coup with no tunes :o

Special car... everything done with no expense spared :notworthy:

Are you happy now with it? :)

Yeah the latest wheels did have a good effect on me.

I lost interest in it as a Corrado and became more interested in it as a platform for my mods and tech stuff, but I'm feeling the Corrado love again now :D

Yeah Toady here's the saab coilpack, which will work on a stock engine with some slight modification. Stronger spark and cheaper. http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/pdf/comp ... ls/3x2.pdf

Rev limit is 7K currently, but will rev to 7500 no problem :D

Dukest, Koni / HR and Jom lowering caps :D

No tunes - I've not had any sounds in it for 3 years :lol: I will be revisiting sounds soon though. Just some speakers, a hidden amp and a cradle for the iphone :D Head units are no longer needed!

Next on the to-do list....

550cc Bosch EV14 injectors. Easily the best injectors on the market today...

Img_0063.jpg

..and here's why. They atomise right off the tip for a super fine spray :-)

Img_0061.jpg

And then Racelogic traction control. After last year's winter, it's really needed!! :-) Thanks to Vince we got 10% off!

Img_0062.jpg

Nice one Kev. Funny how much its evolved and all the different 'phases' its been through.

Is that right.... I think I can actually see a pic of your car at a show.... didnt think you did that kind of thing mr wire??

Really makes me think I should get my lazy arse in gear and get my thread going!! LOL

Special car... everything done with no expense spared :notworthy:

Are you happy now with it? :)

Thank you sir :D

Are any of us ever 100% happy with our Corrados? :lol: The only thing letting it down is the paint. Although it's not visible in the pics, the paintwork is like a patchwork quilt of different colours where it's been repaired over the years!

I was careful with my camera angles and used old pics when it was all one colour :lol: I'll get the whole thing repainted one day.

Otherwise yeah, she's great and drives really well :D

Nice one Kev. Funny how much its evolved and all the different 'phases' its been through.

Is that right.... I think I can actually see a pic of your car at a show.... didnt think you did that kind of thing mr wire??

Really makes me think I should get my lazy arse in gear and get my thread going!! LOL

Cheers mate!

Yeah that was GTI International 05. Audioscape used it as their demo car :D

I think you should do a thread as you've got some real talent I'm sure folk would love to see!

Nice to see a running commentary Kev!

I remember seeing those injectors aaaages ago, I thought you have bought them there and then!

Also, did the Supercharger make the engine a lot better between Stage 2 and 3?

392.3 bhp :eek: thats twice as much as standard. Did you have upgrade your coolant hoses at any time? What temp does it run at these days?

I wouldn't be surprised if to see it a supercharged-turbo someday :lol:

seriously, It's a pity you hadn't started a build thread for the car years ago. Theres so many questions, experience and info tied to this car, where do you start??

wasnt expecting this, its about time you got one sorted... you could have had the best build thread on the forum as well :D

the wheels sure do bring back the love for the corrado, they just suit it so well. I have always liked the corrados looks standard, so with a turbo/big brakes/comps on, it makes it the ultimate corrado imo :wink:

wish i had traction control going on to though :( you will be loving it this winter mate!!!!

Also, did the Supercharger make the engine a lot better between Stage 2 and 3?

It made it worse :lol: No intercooler, No MAF sensor, heatsoak robbing power etc etc. If I knew then what I know now, it would have been so much better :D

392.3 bhp :eek: thats twice as much as standard. Did you have upgrade your coolant hoses at any time? What temp does it run at these days?

I wouldn't be surprised if to see it a supercharged-turbo someday :lol:

seriously, It's a pity you hadn't started a build thread for the car years ago. Theres so many questions, experience and info tied to this car, where do you start??

Believe it or not, you get used to the power, but it never bores me :D

It runs exactly the same temps as a normal VR6 with a mocal oil cooler. 85 water temp and 95-98 oil temp. Standard hoses except around the turbo, which are heavily uprated to cope with the heat. It's not so much the heat from a running engine that's the problem, but rather when it's switched off and all the stored heat from a glowing turbo and manifold soaks back into the engine. Anything in the vicinity that isn't designed for the job is liable to roast to death and split / crack very quickly! That's where I get my kicks. Engineering solutions for problems such as that :D

I haven't done a build thread on here, mainly because I've been on the forum since the start and have observed a general lack of interest in this sort of thing!

There's a small gathering of techie minded folk, but on the whole Corrados seem to be more about appearance than being driven like the performance that it is. I appreciate the Rado's styling, but I appreciate the way it drives even more!

That's why the build thread is on the VR6OC forum, which is more about the engine than the car it's attached to :D Having said that, there is plenty of techie info in the Forced Induction VR6 thread if people are interested :wink:

Turbo and Supercharger :D It was done in the good old days to address turbo lag but that isnt an issue any more. It would be nice to try it as a fun project though!

wasnt expecting this, its about time you got one sorted... you could have had the best build thread on the forum as well :D

the wheels sure do bring back the love for the corrado, they just suit it so well. I have always liked the corrados looks standard, so with a turbo/big brakes/comps on, it makes it the ultimate corrado imo :wink:

wish i had traction control going on to though :( you will be loving it this winter mate!!!!

Cheers chap!

Agreed, standard looking Rados on Speedlines is the winning look for me, but with modifications at this level, it can't be done without sacrificing the braking performance, which I'm not prepared to do!

Yeah the T/C will be interesting for sure. I was behind an Evo 8 last week and his traction from a standstill made my lack of it all the more obvious :lol: . Interestingly, he only got a car length ahead before mine hooked up and catapulted towards his bumper though....so the Racelogic will close the gap even more :D Obviously electronics are no substitute for mechanical grip, but it'll help!

I haven't done a build thread on here, mainly because I've been on the forum since the start and have observed a general lack of interest in this sort of thing!

I think there are plenty of folks here who are well into the technical side of things.. I know I am. I think that just for a lot of people, the sorts of budgets required to do the sorts of things you've done are well outside of most peoples reach - myself included.

So whilst we can't contribute, I'm sure we'd love to know more :)

Nice car Kev, a testament to your hard work and dedication to improvement.

A definite inspiration for my car plans and always a great source of technical answers...... still I can't help prefer the Rota's slightly..... :wink:

Cheers Jim, in that case I won't hold back on the tech..... watch this space :wink: I realise what I've spent probably intimidates some people, but it doesn't HAVE to be done this way. I'm just a fussy git!

Mic - thanks chap. I think my car looked best on the Rotas too if I'm honest :D

Not too late to steal them back off Rob though :norty:

Looking forward to more info on your 24V T, being as I will some day being doing the same :wink:

Wow. Kev you wheel whore :p

I'd love to see this car in the flesh and have a good snoop around the engine bay.

What does it owe you in total or did you not bother counting?

What does it owe you in total or did you not bother counting?

I don't bother counting mate. If I did I'd be too scared to drive it again.....

Mic - thanks chap. I think my car looked best on the Rotas too if I'm honest :D

Not too late to steal them back off Rob though :norty:

If you do I'll have to unleash the Guns on you they're staying put! :lol: