swampy

Braided brake lines

Hi mate.

How much for a rear vr6 to mk4 posted please??

Thanks Johnny

Hi mate you have a pm

Let me know as I only have a few of the rears left at that price

How much for a set of front and rears on a 95 valver along with any nuts and bolts required? If I am gonna do it all I may as well replace all nuts and bolts and washers etc. Yes I am that anal about it hahahaha

Edited by G60radoboi

Hi mate

The full six line kit I can do you for £75

Only other thing you would need is brakefluid

Hi mate.

How much for a rear vr6 to mk4 posted please??

Thanks Johnny

Hi mate

Just paid someone to fit these to my mk4 calipers and they are to short.

They shoud be twice the length of what they are.

Not happy.

Johnny

Hi sorry you have had an issue.

But, the lines supplied are the same length as standard just with a mk4 type fitting on the end.

They just replace the last section if flexi hose, from the caliper to the first join.

Plenty of others have fitted them and commented on how well the rears fit and the quality including John Mitchell racing, they even feature in Riley write up which is on the volksdevile site and linked to a number of others.

Hi sorry you have had an issue.

But, the lines supplied are the same length as standard just with a mk4 type fitting on the end.

They just replace the last section if flexi hose, from the caliper to the first join.

Plenty of others have fitted them and commented on how well the rears fit and the quality including John Mitchell racing, they even feature in Riley write up which is on the volksdevile site and linked to a number of others.

Well the ones on there already have the lines coming from the top and the ones I want to put on have the lines coming from the bottom.

Can I change them for longer ones??

Thanks Johnny

So the ones you are fitting are totally different then??

Afaik as standard they go to the top, and the handbrake cable goes to the bottom.

Look at the pictures on page 87 of Riley's epic build thread, then can you edit your post from earlier today as there is actually nothing wrong with the lines it's down to what your fitting which I'm not exactly sure us what!!

Also look here for further images

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1152988-Mk4-rear-caliper-swap-completed-Pix-inside

I can get you a new set of lines made up yes but need to know what length you want the I can get a price for them

Edited by swampy
added extra info

Look at the pictures on page 87 of Riley's epic build thread, then can you edit your post from earlier today as there is actually nothing wrong with the lines it's down to what your fitting which I'm not exactly sure us what!!

Why thank you:thumbleft: Here is the thread with pics of the lines. Can't fault them myself.

Neil.

Edited by Riley

Hi mate

Just paid someone to fit these to my mk4 calipers and they are to short.

They shoud be twice the length of what they are.

Not happy.

Johnny

Ok so I've tired to get to the bottom of why "I" thought these where to short and I think I've been sold the wrong caliper. (Maybe passat ones)

So I'm holding my hands up and saying SORRY I got it wrong. Hope I haven't upset anyone.

Not that I really did anything wrong.

Will be keeping these lines for when Ido get the right ones cause they look spot on.

Thanks Johnny

Ok so I've tired to get to the bottom of why "I" thought these where to short and I think I've been sold the wrong caliper. (Maybe passat ones)

So I'm holding my hands up and saying SORRY I got it wrong. Hope I haven't upset anyone.

Not that I really did anything wrong.

Will be keeping these lines for when Ido get the right ones cause they look spot on.

Thanks Johnny

You could of being supplied early mk2 golf caliper they are the opposite way around.

Any way plenty more of all available

I wouldn't bother mate they are a bit dubious on quality I had some leaky one's :shocked!:

Swampy has a poor name amongst some on here. Make your own decisions though.

Totally agree mate just because I had a bad experience well 2 doesn't mean all bad and I'm not being sarcastic just want to let other's know they may have issue's.

Thanks for letting me no!! Could u recommend anywhere I could get some good hoses that wil fit my g60, as I brought some from eBay but the front hoses aren't long enough and the hose has female fitting both ends where my original ones are male one end and female other!

Thanks for letting me no!! Could u recommend anywhere I could get some good hoses that wil fit my g60, as I brought some from eBay but the front hoses aren't long enough and the hose has female fitting both ends where my original ones are male one end and female other!

You could try Badger 5 or venom motorsport or if you know exactly what it is you need EBAY mate

I got mine from c and r enterprises. Good prices and delivery times.

Good call Jay :)

Have dropped you a pm

AM ALSO AGAIN ABLE TO OFFER CONVERSION HOSES TO SUIT THE FITMENT OF MK4 type rear calipers at £35 the pair delivered with sealing washers

Edited by swampy