Sign in to follow this  
psiburr

Have you named your raddo ?

Searched and couldn't find a thread askin this but wondering if you've given your car a name and what the thinking is behind it ?

About a year ago my girlfriend at the time, knowing how much time/money/passion I put into my corrado, jokingly asked who the other woman in my life was and Margaret popped into my head. No idea why but its bad luck to rename so Margaret it is :D

Mines usually called piece of sh*t, haven't come up with a proper name yet.

My old ice grey violet was called dirty violet.

Mines called Gwbert (pronounced Goobut if you're not Welsh).

I used to have a Yellow Fiat Seicento (when I was a student so needed an economical runner!) called Bruce!!

Can't call it the last three of my numberplate 'KNT' (although sometimes it does!!)

Mine is called Geoff or geoffers, also in our car family we have arnie and wolfgang! Lol

Previous family members include, two Volvo 480's vince and Glen, polo (genesis edition) called phil, passat called bruce, rover called rab (that was the numberplate)... A few others aswell!!

People I talk to think that cars should have girls names I disagree!

I've never named the car anything, but my ex-gf used to call it the "Berkado" though :D

Apart from those 'Henry' Hoovers, I've never really thought of machines as she/her, or him, they are just "it" to me :D

My Rado is Rayne. Cos she likes it when it rains, especially soaking pedestrians by splashing in puddles :grin: also Purple Rain is my favourtie cocktail. And the first person to mention the purple sex midget will get a very loud talking to! :mad2: And also, Rain was a character from Mortal Kombat who kicked ass :norty: and he was purple.

She's sometimes called the big purple ninja cos she's BPN on the reg and I do ninjutsu.

Apart from those 'Henry' Hoovers, I've never really thought of machines as she/her, or him, they are just "it" to me :D

Most mechanical things are female in my eyes, for some reason. Never named any cars or tractors, think it's a bit weird. My ex used to refer to one car as Mrs ToadsSurname, and the other as The Mistress though.