Sign in to follow this  
VR6Pete

Heater Controls for Corrado VR6

well i might never get to do the clima conversion so i might just flog this lot off soon too. Tooka a while to get the relevant bits and now its just sitting around collecting dust :(

Ok.......I have the cog you are looking for, well i'm almost sure its the same(taken from the vento controls).......if you PM me your address i'll pop it in the post for you........but be warned it wont be an easy fix as this controls 2 metal arms one on top and one underneath :D

well i might never get to do the clima conversion so i might just flog this lot off soon too. Tooka a while to get the relevant bits and now its just sitting around collecting dust :(

Stick with it dude! Would look so cool, please please please :)

Hi all. Looks like one of the clips that hold the cable has snapped and gone missing so I think I will be needing a new unit...

Question: what is the blue cable for? It's gone really stiff...

1994 seat toledo heater controls are the same as corrado ones,just different colour light bulbs

Interesting, I might look out for some of them, assuming they are cheaper!

1994 seat toledo heater controls are the same as corrado ones,just different colour light bulbs

Interesting, I might look out for some of them, assuming they are cheaper!

be interested in how much they are from seat

Hi everyone. me again... anyone got any for sale? ideally, in full working order!

will be finishing it all off first week in feb so want the part for then.

i checked out my bowden cables, all seem fine. just wasnt secured to one end, so gave the impression it was stiff.

Thanks.

Pete

Just to please everyone, a few months back I was watching a new set of these on ebay.

The night they finished I ended up working late, how much did they sell for £5.31!!!!! :mad2:

I could'nt bloody believe it.

There are some on the bay at the moment - search for corrado heater controls and tick used.

Think they're being sold by one of the, how should I put it, more controversial sellers on here though... £75....

There are some on the bay at the moment - search for corrado heater controls and tick used.

Think they're being sold by one of the, how should I put it, more controversial sellers on here though... £75....

yes I did see that one.... but wont be paying that much, not even if they were gold plated :-) I do see working ones going for as a little as £30....

watch your mouth, and yeah there mine

watch your mouth?! You really don't do yourself any favours badboy.. :camp:

i checked out my bowden cables, all seem fine. just wasnt secured to one end, so gave the impression it was stiff.

Are they all easy to move by hand across the whole travel?

What usually causes the left knob to fail is the blue cable (windscreen vent) going too stiff. VW cut it a little short to be honest and people (read: alarm fitters) tend to cable tie things to it over the years, which doesn't help matters.

The left knobber is a two stage fella. As it opens the screen vent, it also closes the foot vent at the same time. The screen vent is the stiffer of the two and folk tend to force the dial round and that's when teeth start unmeshing, cable clips snap off and the controls break etc etc.

I fitted a Passat one some years ago and it's been fine ever since. Still not perfect. I have to 'feel' the screen vent in and will it only open after the heater box has fully warmed up. Feet and face are fine all year round though.

My advice is this time of year is to leave the vent on the screen if it works. That way you can at least have a working demist function!

I never did look into why the screen flap is so stiff as it's a dash out job, but every corrado I've been in, the left knob goes stiff when selecting the screen. Interestingly, MK3 Golfs don't get this problem. Same system, but different control panel.

Are they all easy to move by hand across the whole travel?

What usually causes the left knob to fail is the blue cable (windscreen vent) going too stiff. VW cut it a little short to be honest and people (read: alarm fitters) tend to cable tie things to it over the years, which doesn't help matters.

The left knobber is a two stage fella. As it opens the screen vent, it also closes the foot vent at the same time. The screen vent is the stiffer of the two and folk tend to force the dial round and that's when teeth start unmeshing, cable clips snap off and the controls break etc etc.

I fitted a Passat one some years ago and it's been fine ever since. Still not perfect. I have to 'feel' the screen vent in and will it only open after the heater box has fully warmed up. Feet and face are fine all year round though.

My advice is this time of year is to leave the vent on the screen if it works. That way you can at least have a working demist function!

I never did look into why the screen flap is so stiff as it's a dash out job, but every corrado I've been in, the left knob goes stiff when selecting the screen. Interestingly, MK3 Golfs don't get this problem. Same system, but different control panel.

Hey Kev, some good info there buddy. yeah it seems to be fine across the whole cable, and the cable seems to move freely in the sleeve! I'll have another look toinght as I gotta order a new bonnet cable before I finish it all off on the 5th/ 6th feb, so might just order one and have done with it? Do you know the part number? I really need functioning heaters as i've got an air lock in the coolant system that I am hoping will shift once I get the heaters blowing. Will make sure I get some plastic grease and give everything a good lube up before re-fitting the new pannel (When I eventually get one!)

It wont be until summer before its on the road anyway!

watch your mouth?! You really don't do yourself any favours badboy.. :camp:

whats it got to do with you ??? you haven't even had any input on this thread just a jobs worth putting his 2 penny for a change :censored: