PhatVR6

VR6 belt tensioner bearing replacement - how to.

I thought some kind soul had shipped their old pulleys over to you PhatVR6? Or did I imagine that? ??

Oh, and what's the difference between an "8mm" and an "M8" bolt, apart from the 8mm one being too large diameter... :?

It's M8

yes, Lee sent me 2 pulleys. but one's for his car, and the other is for mine.

If you can send me a pulley I'll sfit a new bearing in it for you. I just thought it'd be handy to have one to use as an exchange item.

Pics comin up soon as part of this how 2.

Fair enough, no I don't have a spare pulley at the mo. I'll see what I can find..

I'll have another spare as soon as my engine in built up. Probably be selling the whole assembly polished.

I did yours yesterday Lee, you should get it tomorrow. I photographed the procedure too, pics coming soon.

did you ever get the pics done phat?? and is there a phone number or website for where you got the bearing...... im fed up of mine squeeling now so its about time i did something about it

ta

hmmmm. just phoned BSL and they have them at £4.68...... but they said they have a minimum order of £20????? anyone know somewhere more helpfull?? thanks

hmmmm. just phoned BSL and they have them at £4.68...... but they said they have a minimum order of £20????? anyone know somewhere more helpfull?? thanks

Yeah I called the Cambridge lot to ask if they could post a bearing to me. They said sure, but it would be £20 postage. I'd be inclined to walk in there with a fiver and slap it down and say take it or leave it.

just called the ipswich branch. helpfull girl posted it out to me today should be here tomorrow.... cost a tenner all in but still cheaper than a new tensioner!!!!

just called the ipswich branch. helpfull girl posted it out to me today should be here tomorrow.... cost a tenner all in but still cheaper than a new tensioner!!!!

Score :D

here is a guide on how to change it all

please upload this guide to the how to section aswell.

cheers

Mind if I put that in the how-to section?

I'd say that the 'please upload this guide to the how to section' comment in that quote means he wants it in there dinkus :D

I'd say that the 'please upload this guide to the how to section' comment in that quote means he wants it in there dinkus[/b[ :D

:sleeping: wha? Me? No, really I'm paying attention :roll: I'll put it up tonight, I've got a few to add.

yeah go for it... feel free.. the job isnt too bad actually... just a bit annoying having to take all the wheel lining off but hey... sounds much much quieter now!!

yeah go for it... feel free.. the job isnt too bad actually... just a bit annoying having to take all the wheel lining off but hey... sounds much much quieter now!!

Eugh I've got to do mine soon and that doesn't sound fun... I'll have a look when I get home though.

Thanks for doing the write up! :D

GGGRRRRRRRR. just got in the car this evening and started up and got a really loud high pitch whistle (for those with a guitar its the same pitch as the 7th fret on the high e string)

did i damage the bearing when i put it in? did i do it too tight (dont have a torque driver)?

bugger!!

aggghh... fecking car.... tensioner was so noisey this morning that i borrowed my mums crappy micra to come to work... got to get another bearing tonight... cant believe it is screaming again now??

was it how i installed it?? i made sure i pressed it in carefully and straight!!??

im gonna take it all apart again tonight and have a look. im getting a new bearing again just incase..

all i know is that it was whisper quiet on sunday and monday and then last night..... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk.... what a noise!

fixed... took it all apart and checked the bearing and it was fine. put it back together and sounds fine again?????? damn cars...anyway i have another problem now.... see problem section :roll: