PhatVR6

VR6 belt tensioner bearing replacement - how to.

Now £60.57 + VAT

from?[/quote:de506]

A VW dealer near you....[/quote:de506]

i only got that quote today lol

hey all

put new tensioner in, its all good now......just one thing, its idling at lower revs than b4 and has cut out once when sitting in traffic. its idling at 7........anyone know if its related to putting the new tensioner in?

thanx

hey all

put new tensioner in, its all good now......just one thing, its idling at lower revs than b4 and has cut out once when sitting in traffic. its idling at 7........anyone know if its related to putting the new tensioner in?

thanx

IIRC the VR6 does have a idle speed of 650rpm +/- 50

hey all

thanx

IIRC the VR6 does have a idle speed of 650rpm +/- 50

really? hmm. any idea why it was higher b4 i changed it? just worried about it cutting out thats all

You could try resetting the ECU so it learns new values now that the tensioner is putting a different load on the engine.

Anyone who's tensioner pulley is squealing - be wary, mine started to squeal a little on Sunday after a fast run (don't ask how fast!!), so i thought i'll get the bearing and replace it.

Called in at BSL in Bolton on Monday, but they operate a minimum order policy of £25.00, so i left empty handed, thinking i'll pick one up elsewhere before weekend.

Driving home tonight, the tensioner pulley has shattered; luckily the belt stayed on so i just about managed to limp home. look's like I'll have to buy the complete tensioner assembly now...

So, if your tensioner squeals a little - fix it before it breaks...

Yeah, it's the same apart from the number 1 on the end. The wiki how to says part 6203 2RS1, that one on ebay is part number 6203 2RS.

Just wondering/hoping they are the same, I've contacted & asked the seller anyway. Will post when he replies

ebay seller responded to my question & says that it is the same bearing alright :D

i ordered the bearing from the ebay seller, its worked a treat. No more shrieking from the engine :)

Had a go at this yesterday, just got to be careful to take enough off the pulley to allow the bearing to be pushed out. New bearing went in ok.

Didn't solve my problem though, turned out to be a noisy alternator. Oh well, at least the tensioner bearing is done.

Don't know if it's the time of year or something but hopped out of the VR to notice a bit of a bearing whine this Sunday.. and again from cold this morning for a 20-30 seconds or so. Closer inspection showed that it seemed to be originating from the belt tensioner pulley so looks like I need to replace this bearing myself soon!

do it sooner rather than later... if it goes, you'll probably take out your belt!