corozin

Please sign the fuel tax Petition

Ahem Kev I think you mean £1 per gallon not litre mate :)

LOL, well spotted! I think people would be storming 10 Downing Street if it'd gone up a £1 a litre :lol:

Erm, it's nothing to do with fuel duty, per se, it's the price of fuel going up that's causing inflation .. The duty hasn't changed, it's the same % of the fuel price as it was last year.

Right, so are you ignoring the VAT element then? :)

Yes, because normally it has no impact on inflation.. Though you're right the move to 20% VAT clearly bumps the fuel prices further and drives inflation.

How nice it would be to go back to those prices!!

How much does it cost to fill up a VR now then? It was £60ish I think when I last filled up my Corrado many years ago!

Quentin Willson handed the petition into No10 on Thursday. Looks to me like the price of oil is now escalating so quickly that the Government are making noises about doing something, although to be frank the stuff I read in the paper about abandoning the next 1p duty rise is now such a pathetic response in the face of the 10-12p/litre which has gone on since Christmas that I wonder if the Government still "get it" at all.