Sign in to follow this  
v8rumbler

Really not sure which to sell

As some of you may know I bought CazzaVR's stunning valver last summer. Late last year I bought a great VR. One has to go. But which one?

The valver is pretty much mint :clap: It is more balanced than the VR , It is a smoother ride and handles better. It has about 150-155 BHP so not as quick in a straight line.

So many parts have been replaced- bushes, trim, It needs nothing going to it at all

The VR is quicker in a straight line, has great black leather and also aircon. The exhaust is a bit too noisy and I would have to have a 2nd silencer added if I keep it. I love them both for different reasons but can't justify keeping both.

I could put the leather from the VR into the valver and that would be the icing on the cake--- :D but that would make the VR harder to sell.

I know it is a nice problem to have but I really don't know what to do. The wife says put them both up for sale and which ever one goes first is fine-- :nono: But I would rather decide :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

IMG_0272.jpg

Put the leather in the valver and sell the Vr !

looking at the Vrs for sale,leather doesnt make a big difference in the price,only recaro`s seem to,

just my 2p

Yeah keep the leather and flog the VR.

Interesting to see another person who has access to both VR and valver saying the valver handling is more responsive than the VR.

But you really cant beat the exhaust note of a VR either..

Which of the two would be easier to get hold of again? That would make my decision. If it were me Id keep the VR but thats only due to the colour.

As above keep the valver and leather. Iv gone back to back from valver to vr to valver and i agree while the vr is quicker n sounds better its off balance compared to a valver. They handle alot better. Coulstar has a point but think about how much you'd have to inverst in another rado to get it to the standards of ur valver.

what do you want from a car (or from a corrado if you have something else apart from these two)?

and if either one (or both) of them doesnt have whatever it that is, what would you need to do to fix that? for example, would you be prepared to make significant changes to the minty original valver to make it faster if that was ultimately what disappointed you about it? or, might you be prepared to go to town on the VRs suspension to make that better if thats what you preferred?

or are you just happy with having "a" corrado and you dont really mind which one given each has its plus points?

Thanks for the comments guys. The C is a weekend car. I have my van for work and the 'family' car is a Saab 93 turbo. I like a weekend car to look good, handle well and Make me smile.

To get the VR to handle as well as my valver would need a lot of money thrown it. Springs, shocks, bushes etc etc plus the weight up front will still be there.

I love the straight line acceleration of the VR but the valver is better through the bends as it is.

Putting the leather in the valver would finish it off but I would then need late cloth to put in the VR and would sell the early cloth which is in really good nick.

?????????

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys. The C is a weekend car. I have my van for work and the 'family' car is a Saab 93 turbo. I like a weekend car to look good, handle well and Make me smile.

To get the VR to handle as well as my valver would need a lot of money thrown it. Springs, shocks, bushes etc etc plus the weight up front will still be there.

I love the straight line acceleration of the VR but the valver is better through the bends as it is.

Putting the leather in the valver would finish it off but I would then need late cloth to put in the VR and would sell the early cloth which is in really good nick.

?????????

Let me know if you do sell the early cloth..I had those seats stored for a long time before cazza bought them.

As for your decision I'm in the same boat chap, don't need to sell either but being sensible I should sell one or the other.trouble is I love my valver too much to let it go and equally enjoy the vr..

Sell them both and buy a G60? :lol:

To do that I would need to buy a G60 first and then decide :epicfail: so that will NOT happen

?????????

Let me know if you do sell the early cloth..I had those seats stored for a long time before cazza bought them.

As for your decision I'm in the same boat chap, don't need to sell either but being sensible I should sell one or the other.trouble is I love my valver too much to let it go and equally enjoy the vr..

Ok Mate What would be the going rate to buy a late interior to put in the VR and also what could I sell the early interior for-----?

I don't really 'need ' to sell one as I do have a double length garage- but all by tools etc are at the back and moving both cars to get at stuff is wearing a bit thin now.

Yes one relly does need to go :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

This is a no brainer surely.......to sort the valvers weak point involves serious engine work which equals much more money than to sort the VR's weak point of a new set of good coilovers and bushes - not cheap but not as expensive as the previous.

In saying that I have never even driven a valver let alone owned one, so wouldnt know how much better they handle than a sorted VR.

From you picture I'd say keep the VR, it looks so damn sexy! As well as too many speedlines I have a set of 16" very rare 5 spoke BBS pininfarinas.

Your picture has inspired me to pull my finger out and get them on my car, it will look so good! (my car is red btw!)

i'd sell the vr without batting an eye lid, there are lots of vr's around should you wish to return to one but there just are not many 1.8 valvers around in this condition. seen it in the flesh and nearly wet my pants :nuts: :lol: in fact i think i actually did wet my pants!

im not going to be much help .....but the valver was parked next to mine at a local show , and its a lovely car , i agree with kip , but at the same time i love the vr . in the words of the kid in the old aa advert '' im not helping much am i '' :lol: .

No help but the 16v is stunning so don't know why you bought another Corrado in the first place but you did and its the VR6 and whilst its a point of some argument for me the VR6 is the Corrado.

On that basis of course the argument is simple there is only one Corrado and its the VR6, but its not really like that is it. I accept the light and nimble benefits of the valver bring a certain joy and as your car is a truly exceptional example (I simply love that car) unless the VR is an equally stunning example in this case its the valver tp stay. You have no obligations but its great to see some non VR6 Corrados kept and presented to such a high standard. Its not unusual to see well cared for and presented VR6s, concours examples included but sadly many of the other non VR6 cars have sufferred from not being cherished and have been used as now tired out noble workhorses or projects for backyard modders and customisers.