Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

Hello mods,

Is there anything that can be done to increase the permissible size of uploaded pdf files to (say) 70kb-90kb? The reason I ask is that I cannot upload the larger versions of the event calender I do for the events forum.

Since jpgs and other file types are allowed significantly larger file sizes than 19.5kb I'm hoping this is something that can be tweaked for the poor pdf format :)

Thanks in advance,

John

Hello mods,

Is there anything that can be done to increase the permissible size of uploaded pdf files to (say) 70kb-90kb? The reason I ask is that I cannot upload the larger versions of the event calender I do for the events forum.

Since jpgs and other file types are allowed significantly larger file sizes than 19.5kb I'm hoping this is something that can be tweaked for the poor pdf format :)

Thanks in advance,

John

Done :)

Update

• Forum software updated to v4.1.2 which includes a 'Mobile Style' with automatic detection of a mobile web browser. Visit the site from your phone for a demo! If you wish to use the other style for whatever reason, you can change this in your Profile settings.

looks a little odd on my phone after i log in... better than tapatalk though

EDIT: Here... a little cramped i think.

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Is there any way I can change the title of my Project Plum thread so it's not talking about insurance dilemmas now? On CF 1.0, I would just change my initial post title from February 2008 and all was well, but that doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks.

anyone else having problems with the forum and IE9 beta? Obviusly i know it is beta still...but even if i attempt to access the forum, it just crashes and doesn't let me progress)

I normally use firefox but that too is playing silly buggers (just grinding to a halt). Trying to figure out if my lappy needs a fresh windows install...

ta

anyone else having problems with the forum and IE9 beta? Obviusly i know it is beta still...but even if i attempt to access the forum, it just crashes and doesn't let me progress)

I normally use firefox but that too is playing silly buggers (just grinding to a halt). Trying to figure out if my lappy needs a fresh windows install...

ta

my firefox is running the site fine if that helps

I have problems in life running IE let alone on the forum.

Dukest mentioned to someone else to PM him if they weren't able to change their thread title - is this a known issue? Seemed so simple before.

looks a little odd on my phone after i log in... better than tapatalk though

EDIT: Here... a little cramped i think.

Mine is the same using Opera Mini :(

is there a reason all my posts are being checked by a MOD prior to me posting?

ALL posts?

Be more interesting? :shrug: :grin:

I've noticed the 'new posts' changed to 'Todays posts' and that was much better, shows lots of new posts listed. But now its gone back to 'new posts', you might only see a couple listed. Any chance we can go back to having 'todays posts'? Think people would miss less of whats being submitted to the forum that way.

The new layout is getting easier for me now and is really good, recommend people edit the way it looks and works for themselves. For example I wasn't keen on having so few posts per page, now changed it to having more, its much better for me.

If you're logged in it shows 'new posts' if you're not logged in it shows today's posts..

Update

• Forum software updated to v4.1.2 which includes a 'Mobile Style' with automatic detection of a mobile web browser. Visit the site from your phone for a demo! If you wish to use the other style for whatever reason, you can change this in your Profile settings.

Problem is you cant access profile settings from the mobile style.. Pressing full site just links to the top of the page..

I'm struggling too. I tried to follow Andi's advice and logged on via my Pc and went to profile settings. Changing the skin type to default or forum default didn't change anything and I've now managed to accidentally change my pc settings to mobile as well!! Arrggghhhh! Don't do that by the way as if you do you can no longer get to your settings to get it back to default - HELP!!!

Ok so everybody seems to use or wants posts today or something, I never used that. I always look through the forums to the threads I know I posted in and then click the read last post blue thingy to jump to where I left off at in that thread. Why is that symbol there sometimes and others not. I'm guessing if I come on the forum it's there but when I leave even if I don't read all threads or all new posts in threads it resets them all so if I come back in 10 min the forum thinks I have read everything. So now I have to manually scroll through pages of stuff to find where I was upto.

yup, i know what you mean, i dont do it that way but the assumption that you've "finished" your session as soon as you surf away from a Forum page is very different from how it worked before where the same session could last several days on my laptop if i didnt close it.

I can't post onto this thread... http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53909-1.8t-Converted-Corrado-s

Says it needs to be checked by an admin... but it's not in the sales section? have i been naughty or something? All my posts seem to come back with that!

Also, where is the section for making monthly donations? I can see the how to make one off to 6 month donations but I'd rather just have £££ coming out of paypal every month.

Thanks Andi

Edit: It seems to be working now... :/

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Oh no! I put the forum into 'Mobile Style' and now I'm stuck in it :(

Click "Full site" at the bottom of the page... ;)

Says it needs to be checked by an admin... but it's not in the sales section? have i been naughty or something? All my posts seem to come back with that!

Also, where is the section for making monthly donations? I can see the how to make one off to 6 month donations but I'd rather just have £££ coming out of paypal every month.

This is a known bug. I'm trying to figure out why... dead ends at the moment!

And subscribing - just click the link in my sig or at the bottom of every page.

It will then take you to a page where you can choose to sub 1 or 2 or 5 "currency" a month (you pick the currency) to setup your subsciption.

Thank you, your donations are always very gratefully received! I couldn't do this without them.