Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

Hi Andi,

Is there a set time limit you're logged in for if you're not actually doing anything on the forum. As in, I've had a thread open for a while on the same page, then navigated away or done a reply. When it refreshes, it has logged me out.

And come on everyone, lets have more donations being made to help out with the costs of running the place we all enjoy so much.

well done with the forum Andy, looks like a lot of work has been done. Thanks for sorting my password out aswell. donation will be made next week

I can't see any of my sent messages, it says 3 have been sent, but I can't see any of them. In fact it says "contains 3 messages" and "empty" at the same time, or words to that effect.

when i login it sase thanks for subscribing eddy.h in a yellow box

i do donate but i haven't subscribe

when i login it sase thanks for subscribing eddy.h in a yellow box

i do donate but i haven't subscribe

Changed to 'donating' just for you ;)

Update

I've been doing a lot of work in the SQL database that holds all the information (posts, user accounts, etc) for the forum this morning.

I have managed to make some global changes:

• Any reference to the old site http://the-corrado.net/forum/ now correctly points to http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/ - so links, etc, will still work - but direct you to the old forum. No, I can't make it work out where that page is now on the new forum! ;)
  • I have globally changed any HUGE FONTS as size=7 on the old forum was a 'normal' size, but on here, its relative, so they appeared MASSIVE... This should apply to posts and signatures.
  • If your PM box is full, as well as the email, you now get a message at the top of the screen informing you (and reminding you to check your Sent Items too).
  • Donators / Subscribers get a 50,000 message PM box, as opposed to the default 500.. :)

I've probably done some other stuff too, but that's enough for now!

Hi Andi,

Is there a set time limit you're logged in for if you're not actually doing anything on the forum. As in, I've had a thread open for a while on the same page, then navigated away or done a reply. When it refreshes, it has logged me out.

No, there's no short time limit. I think it's set to something silly like 2-6 hours?

This will happen if your browser kills the cookie for whatever reason, however, or some weird web filtering...

I can't see any of my sent messages, it says 3 have been sent, but I can't see any of them. In fact it says "contains 3 messages" and "empty" at the same time, or words to that effect.

It will log how many messages you have sent, but only save the actual message in your "Sent Items" if you tick the "Save message in Sent Items" box, or set it in your Options.

No, there's no short time limit. I think it's set to something silly like 2-6 hours?

This will happen if your browser kills the cookie for whatever reason, however, or some weird web filtering...

Sure its not infinate. I can leave the forum logged on for a week at a time and dont get logged out.

im back, this site is mayhem now... will take a few days to get used to it i think, will be better in the long run though im sure!

cheers for sorting me out Andi :D

Yup, all sections under For Sale are currently doing that. Bit of a bug.. trying to get it working as it should. I'll get it approved.

Yup, all sections under For Sale are currently doing that. Bit of a bug.. trying to get it working as it should. I'll get it approved.

Cheers Andi, thought I'd done something wrong

how come i need to wait for moderator approval before my update to my build thread is visible?

how come i need to wait for moderator approval before my update to my build thread is visible?

It's a bug I'm trying to track down...

Update

• Facebook integration! You can now link your account with your Facebook - or even sign up to the forum just with your Facebook ID. Allows you to "Like" blog posts and forum threads, and even publish to your Facebook. (Scarily cool.. lol)
  • Tweaks to the SQL database setup to speed up the site and hopefully remove the 'hang' we occasionally get
  • Modification to the vBulletin code to allow correct tracking of IPs - this should help those with login issues / timeouts

No Smilies = :tumbleweed:

Now with Super Smilies = :onfire::shock::new-bday::nuts::awesome::multi::silly::salute::)

Edit: Yay it works now:dance:

Edited by 8vMatt

:fist:

Oh yeah, they do work :drinking:

Cool Andi, thanks for sorting that part out, sure they'll be getting some use :thumbleft:

just updated my members gallery thread text 27 pictures text etc you get teh idea ....couldnt post it so copy pasted deleted etc until i could fit it in then it says your post can not be seen until a mod approves it and that message stayed in the thread so i carried on posting .....now the message has gone and the rest of the topic has continued so have i lost all the uber update i put in? as it doesnt seem to be there?

cheers