Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

Fret not ;)

Donations from the old site are completely manual still on here - so I've updated your account (and you now get the bigger PM box, better upload limits, etc).

Thanks for donating!

woohoo check my status out lol, thanks for that.

new format is definitely a grower, liking it more and more :)

If Chrome is a bit too basic, you could always try Firefox which is also a very good browser.

beg to differ there :lol: it's the crappiest, most intolerant, slowest browser I've tried... apart from IE of course :lol:

I've gotten to like chromium more recently, certainly bought new life to my old netbook.

beg to differ there :lol: it's the crappiest, most intolerant, slowest browser I've tried... apart from IE of course :lol:

I've gotten to like chromium more recently, certainly bought new life to my old netbook

There's your problem David ;) Buy some better kit :grin:

I'm sure Chrome is a quicker browser than FF but that's not to say it's not still good/better than IE!

how come i need to wait for moderator approval before my update to my build thread is visible?

It's a bug I'm trying to track down...

Can't see any where if fixed but for info got it after completing one accepted posting "quick" posting. 2nd (go advanced), 3rd (go advanced), 4th posts (quick) all produed the message with no added posting to the topic - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?54112-vr6-fusebox. The ones that failed had a link to another forum post. This was the reference I incorporated Link

And this the 5th posting attempt that has worked differnt topic here. Which has worked with the same link!

ETA: The 2nd, 3rd & 4th posts have finally apeared today 24/02/11

Edited by RW1

not a major issue but worth asking.. On some threads which have replies a few pages long with attachments the paperclip goes over the last page so you end up clicking this instead. is there a way this can be changed?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I've been trying to clear out my inbox and noticed that all threads on the same subject have been separated. Is there any option to change or way to get all the messages into a thread so that it shows all my messages and responses in one page so i don't have to go into each message individually?

Not sure if thats makes any sense!

Been a member since 2006, had Rado's for 12 years, subscribed monthly for around 4 years, but its time for pastures new!

Basically I'm pi$$ed of with the new layout, no good for an old foggy like me, I'll still look in, but not waste any more money! no smiley cos I cant find them!!

Been a member since 2006, had Rado's for 12 years, subscribed monthly for around 4 years, but its time for pastures new!

Basically I'm pi$$ed of with the new layout, no good for an old foggy like me, I'll still look in, but not waste any more money! no smiley cos I cant find them!!

Oh come on Bill, you must be getting used to it now! - I know there is a lot to get used to but I really think we're getting there, just a few more bugs to iron out and I think we're there, would be really sad to lose people that have been regulars for 5 years!

Look at it this way, at least we keep our site online - yet again the Corrado Club site has just disappeared off the internet as it always has every couple of years with no access to membership info / events / AGM etc - Our the uptime is 99.99%

I don't think you should undermine the importance of a familiar and easy to use forum Steve. I gather from this thread that most people tolerate, rather than enjoy using the new format. The old forum's warmth and friendliness, for want of better wording, has been lost imo. Some old regulars are conspicous by their absence.

Still, I don't want to appear ungrateful or anything. Everyone knows the good work Andi puts into this place but I would have happily paid more into the old forum to keep it :) At first I wasn't bothered by the new layout, onwards and upwards as they say.... but after using it for a few weeks now, I do miss the old one now :lol:

I don't think you should undermine the importance of a familiar and easy to use forum Steve. I gather from this thread that most people tolerate, rather than enjoy using the new format. The old forum's warmth and friendliness, for want of better wording, has been lost imo. Some old regulars are conspicous by their absence.

Still, I don't want to appear ungrateful or anything. Everyone knows the good work Andi puts into this place but I would have happily paid more into the old forum to keep it :) At first I wasn't bothered by the new layout, onwards and upwards as they say.... but after using it for a few weeks now, I do miss the old one now :lol:

I agree with the above. I am pretty much used to the new layout etc, however I still prefer the old one. This seems to be much more a message board than an interactive forum. very cold layout & colours etc.. more professional looking certainly, but not as hom[o]ely.

Guys, bear in mind that a lot of what is being talked about as 'issues' just comes down to different styles and tweaks that I am sure Andi will be incorporating.

Can I just say I'm another one that struggles with having to relearn how to do stuff.

Plus I don't like to just ask ask ask without having a go but as in changing a thread title, it seems this is no longer possible. I spent a while on Tuesday trying all sorts of options then gave up.

If you are IT / techie minded then you probably like a challange in working out what new features the site has and customising it to work as you want.

If you just want to chill out after a long day then being confronted by loads of changes defeats the object of logging on and has just been winding me up. Hence it's easier to not even log on.

Edited by Butterfly

Personal preference - but just have to say I liked the old forum better, and sadly finding me using the forum less now then before.......:) (maybe that's a good thing?...lol....)

VERY much miss the direct link to my own threads on the front (in the old forum) - where I now have to go to my profile to get up a listing of my own threads).....

In my subscribed threads, threads are being shown as no new posts even tho there are new ones =/

probably because you clicked the button that says "mark forums read"

I do this all the time because it appears in the same place as "quick links" :(

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

probably because you clicked the button that says "mark forums read"

I do this all the time because it appears in the same place as "quick links" :(

I havent opened the thread in days so that cant be it =/

Not sure if it's just me, or if in fact that there is less activity on the "new" forum ?.....

I kinda use less time here myselfe sadly, but also sense that there is less activity then it used to be before??...

Am I correct or not?

Wrong forum and there's already threads about the changeover (Site Q's forum). So I've merged the threads.

The software change requires people to basically reactivate their accounts by setting a new password. Inevitably some people can't be arsed doing that.

And then there are the usual group who 'don't like change'. What people don't see is that this is actually a far better platform to build on. They just focus, shortsightedly, on the fact that the colours are different or things smell a bit weird.

Wrong forum and there's already threads about the changeover (Site Q's forum). So I've merged the threads.

The software change requires people to basically reactivate their accounts by setting a new password. Inevitably some people can't be arsed doing that.

And then there are the usual group who 'don't like change'. What people don't see is that this is actually a far better platform to build on. They just focus, shortsightedly, on the fact that the colours are different or things smell a bit weird.

Ahh, alright - no worries, kinda just felt that there was more "activity" around here before the change, but as you say it might be down to people not re-activating :)

Is there anyway to default the search options in the main box at the top? When I try to search for something it just brings up the thread but if the thread is more than 1 page it means I have to go sifting through all the different pages rather than it showing the bit I need.

Anyone else got a Java error f'cking up the forum layout and making some functions inactive?Webpage error detailsUser Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)Timestamp: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:13:14 UTCMessage: Type mismatch.Line: 1Char: 17270Code: 0URI: http://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/v=1143775256/dominate.min.js

I'm playing with Javascript acceleration stuff - just tweaked a setting - still erroring?