Sign in to follow this  
blair321

Civic Type R VS VR6

has anyone had experience with both cars or know enough about both to give a good idea of which is faster?

been in a m8's CTR a few times............pretty rapid little hatch........at the end of the day i reckon it would all come down to the driver as to which is faster

I own both of these cars and like them both in the different driving styles.

Pretty much the same performance wise both standard i would say.

My C gets more pampering though :oops:

Mmmm - well my VR raced one from standing start to 1**mph and the Corrado was about half a car length ahead until hit 60mph or so then I pulled away briskly (pulled about 5 to 10 car lengths before slowing down).... then he shot past as I slowed down at over 1**mph....

Drove a CTR for an hour or so during a test drive and initial thoughts were it's very quick...but largely because of it's light weight and very short gearing. The joystick gearchange is amazing and way better than the VW's cumbersome stick, but the Civic needed a lot more gear stick rowing to keep the engine on the boil.

I would say a CTR will slaughter a VR that's not running 100%, which accounts for a lot of the bloody things, but a sweet VR will beat a CTR, just. The CTR is faster to 100 than a VR but there after the slab aerodynamics of the R will be it's downfall.

K

Down a quarter mile a CTR will beat a VR. I raced one at santa pod and just got pipped at the line he went through the quarter in 14.2 @ 98mph you show me a standard VR that can beat that and I'll eat my words

Mmmm - well my VR raced one from standing start to 1**mph and the Corrado was about half a car length ahead until hit 60mph or so then I pulled away briskly (pulled about 5 to 10 car lengths before slowing down).... then he shot past as I slowed down at over 1**mph....

Sorry Scott i can only give a comparison on feel and driving style as i can't race against myself :wink: :D

there is no way that r was standerd at 14.2 i have been to the pod lot's of times and seen bout 15 of them go down and the bast was 15.6 i can only just get 14.4 in my c with 220 bhp and me m8 has one and i can kill him no probs even if i mess up the start

there is no way that r was standerd at 14.2 i have been to the pod lot's of times and seen bout 15 of them go down and the bast was 15.6 i can only just get 14.4 in my c with 220 bhp and me m8 has one and i can kill him no probs even if i mess up the start

Was going to say... there is no way a standard CTR can do a 14.2 sec quarter..... I stick to my guns - Ive beat a CTR on the road and I would beat one on the quarter mile (standard).... VR6 does a quarter in 14.9 secs.

Scott.

I couldn't care less whether the CTR is quicker or not, they are one the the most pig ugly cars on the road today.

Lmao !!

Cant really drive the Honda's on the road properly anyhow, constantly down changing to get in the power band is crap and annoying and dosnt feel fast

C :-P