8vMatt

What would the interest be in new late headlight switches? Pricing Update.

So will this be a direct replacement for the Corrado item or is the wiring going to be different?

Thanks Jim, just the sort of questions I need to be able to make sure everything is right for us. I will ask that very question. The info I have so far states the VW part number for our switches as the one that relates to the new switch. And they do use the word replacement in their description of it. I will clarify this for you though. I've thought about what colour it illuminates as well since our last email.

Any more questions you can think of guys?

Colour is an interesting one. My VR light switch goes orange, and my 16V one goes green.. and they're both later style headlight switches! I'm not too worried what colour it illuminates to be honest as long as it works good :)

Once I get a couple more questions answered from the company, I will be able to place the order. They tell me the order takes approx 15 days to complete, then its however long shipping and customs takes. Fingers crossed we could be looking at maybe 3 weeks or so guys. Liking the interest so far.

Had a few emails back and forth today.

The headlight switch is a direct replacement unit and the pic shows the pin layout the same as a new VW switch I have at home. The colouring when lit up is like this- the round outer colour is green and the middle is red. Thats the same as OE isn't it guys? Can't remember at the moment.

Just need to pay now!!! Gulp :gag: haha.

Some more pics to help out-

CHeadlightSwitchD.jpg

CHeadlightSwitchC.jpg

CHeadlightSwitchB.jpg

CHeadlightSwitchA.jpg

The key way will need to be knocked off as its not the correct orientation as a 535 941 531F on UK post 1992 C's.

Also, what does that electronic 3 legged item inside do??? I'll guess it some kind of voltage regulator to dim the voltage to the dash lamps. May affect the way LEDs work if anyone has substituted the dash bulbs for LEDs.

Pin 56D is missing which controls the dim-dip (yellow wire in loom connection) if anyone still uses that??? The pin is positioned just below the part number.

The switch base connections look to be the equivalent of 535 941 531D. LHD Corrado fit which makes sense with China. Unless the pin idents have moved, it should work.

Edited by RW1

RW1,

I trust your Corrado and VW knowledge, are you saying this is a go then?

I'll ask about the 3 leg part inside, would many people have LEDs instead of bulbs in their dashes?

Is pin 56D much of an issue as I don't know about the dim-dip, could you expand please?

Thanks for your input.

RW1,

I trust your Corrado and VW knowledge, are you saying this is a go then?

Is pin 56D much of an issue as I don't know about the dim-dip, could you expand please?

Thanks for your input.

Won't be buying as I have enough existing modified switches. Just so happens I have one of each of the switches (Euro/UK) on my study desk I was repairing last night.

As said, yes I think they should work from China with the plastic keyway peg knocked off.

I can't make out in the photo the pin connection idents (engraved on the base plate of the switch by each pin) ie X, 31, 56, 56e etc.

56D missing shouldn't be an issue unless someone is wanting to retain the dim-dip. Dim-dip is the side lights on and also the headlights on at less than full brightness with the sidelights only selected on the switch. The dim-dip systems is the wire wound resistor and yellow wiring behind the left headlight. A yellow wire also runs to the dash connector (pin 56D) at the back of the headlight switch. If not connected, it doesn't really matter but if someone is using, I mention it for reference. All VW's of the era had this, not just the Corrado.

The unknown for me is the 3 legged electronics in the photo. In my jotting above, I assumed it replaces the rheostat resistor in the original switch which controls the brightness of the dash illumination on dials and switches. My concern here is whether the output supply is "chopped" to reduce voltage. That will work with filament bulbs but LEDs unsure. Somebody with more knowledge of modern voltage control my be able to enlighten, so I raise it as a caution given I know some on here have converted dash switch and dash dial illumination to LEDs.

Pity a one off sample couldn't be sent over to try.

Don't you need to disconnect the dim-dip anyway if you're using an uprated headlight loom?

Count me in on this as well please, if all works out - and fair play to you for your effort in looking int this for us.

BTW - do they make the binnacle trim covers too by any chance ?

A bit of another update to keep you guys going :thumbleft:

The three metal strips are indeed to do with the dimming of the switch light inside the car.

And an unexpected result, I asked about getting a sample not thinking it could be possible to get just one BUT they said just send my courior to pick it up from us :dance: . Guess I'll be a guinea pig to try it on my car :cool:

Keep the interest coming, I'll pm people when we're in a position to proceed and prob start a new proper group buy thread when the time is right.

Hi guys,

Been a bit quiet lately here because I've organised and waited for a sample to be shipped over to me. Just checked the TNT tracking number and as of 5.52am today, its in Exeter Airport:cool:. Hopefully mon or tues it can be with me. I will have a play with it and take pics for you. I'll then place the main order. They have told me it would take less than the 15 days they originally quoted me. Delivery seems to be sharpish as well judging by the sample item getting here.

Keep putting your names down if interested in having one :thumbleft: