ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Good progress…

Interesting to see the differences in heat shield arrangements on that bulkhead in comparison to mine…

Going to be sublime once sorted...

Nice work mate looks great to be honest at least it won't be a complete mare to do , you doing the chains while it's out ?

I'm going to check the tensioners as there is a slight leak from the casing where it meets the head gasket. dont think i fancy tackling the chains, clutch is perfect though!

Good progress…

Interesting to see the differences in heat shield arrangements on that bulkhead in comparison to mine…

Going to be sublime once sorted...

Didn't know they where different, will have to check it out.

I'm partly the same mate usually I get a bit scared of the unknown and panic lol , I'll do mine one day when the rest is done and I have the time and space to pull the lump like you have

Might pop see you next weekend if your working on the car mate I'll drop you a text see if your in that man cave

Man cave lol!! It's a nice place to be, got a new digital radio switched to absolute 90's!!!

Will be in there Sunday probably and Thursday night if your about.

You know what I ment lol and I'm in Edinburgh Thursday mate but should be free Sunday so might pop then for a chat and see how your getting on

You know what I ment lol and I'm in Edinburgh Thursday mate but should be free Sunday so might pop then for a chat and see how your getting on

Drop me a text, we are going out around 3ish.

Serious dedication! Respect 8) I'd probably just use a pressure washer and hope for the best :lol:

Good work there Chris. That's serious stuff!

Well I tried to clean the gearbox last year but still looks awful so thought I'd bite the bullet.

Serious dedication! Respect 8) I'd probably just use a pressure washer and hope for the best :lol:

Didnt think about pressure washer....bugger!

fair play mate ;) good work need to crack on with mine soon !!

Hope to see your Corrado or Mk1 at a show this year.

Almost finished the strip down, just the expansion tank to remove. All brake lines, ABS pump, clutch and power steering pipes removed.

20140210_46_zps8cc4670d.jpg

Suspension going for shot blasting next week, all suspension bushes, bolts etc ordered and collecting next week.

Loads of new goodies on order from VW heritage, fingers crossed it will be there...

Chris, how were the manifold bolts to remove? Mine should be coming out the weekend hopefully, but I'm panicking about shearing a bolt and having an utter nightmare!

Manifold bolts came appart easy, the 2 headers are still on the engine though. a couple are a bit tricky to get to though.

The only bolts that sheared was the rear engine mount on the gearbox side and the wishbone bolt. Good luck Sean, plenty of pictures is the way!

Manifold bolts came appart easy, the 2 headers are still on the engine though. a couple are a bit tricky to get to though.

The only bolts that sheared was the rear engine mount on the gearbox side and the wishbone bolt. Good luck Sean, plenty of pictures is the way!

Thanks Chris. I'll do it like you did then mate. Makes sense with ease of getting it out actually.:thumbleft:

Parts stripped and ready to go for shot blasting tomorrow. Stripped the driveshafts as they are looking pretty rough and beyond a lick of hammerite.

20140223_33_zps3fed7a0a.jpg

Had the last of my exhaust heat sheilds vapour blasted last week and they have come up perfectly:

20140223_38_zps705bc9ce.jpg

All new bolts and clips sorted last week too.

Waiting for a big parcel next week which I can't wait for!

If you ever decide to break this… ill have those heat shields…

Parcel contents??

Cheeky Bugger :lol: .............. First dib's on the wheel's

If you ever decide to break this… ill have those heat shields…

Parcel contents??

Not sure if I'd thought about breaking it Michael, but I suppose in some way I am! Did you not find the part number for the top shield?

Parcel contents, hmmm, should arrive about Thursay and the box is about 7ft long apparently

Cheeky Bugger :lol: .............. First dib's on the wheel's

Its on speedlines at the moment, well just 2 anyway....

This will look phenomenal mate when it's done, Good work as ever!

'When its done' I think is quite appropriate Kip. Hopefully it will look as good as yours.