ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

These kind of works always brings a smile. Love the attention to detail - it's becoming truly exceptional

Been a bit slow of late but now have everything back from the powder coaters for the subframe rebuild and also been trying to sort my ABS pump.

Had all the unions and mounts zinc plated and painted the body, finally got it back together today:

IMG_0383_zps7e69a36a.jpg

And back on the car with the new brake pipes:

IMG_0384_zps29eda956.jpg

Cracking work Chris. I'll have a good couple of days on mine next weekend. It's a pain in the arse trying to squeeze a bit of work in over a lunch break. Gotta start clearing up as soon as you begin! I'm not anywhere near the level you're at, but hopefully have something that looks reasonable. I can really appreciate the amount of time and effort you've put into this though from where I am. Well done mate and keep the pics coming! :thumbleft:

I'm really struggling to get decent pictures at the moment, heres one of the new reservoir and the new ABS pipes look great.

IMG_0389_zpsfe6d551d.jpg

There's some mighty fine work going on here bud ;)

That table the ABS pump is on could do with a touch up tho :D

Might do the table after Im finished with the Corrado!!

Front subframe assembled ready for tomorrow night:

photo2_zps3a1d1dbf.jpg

Ha Ha, thanks Sean, track rods are still the old ones. need to get some new ones shortly.

Driveshafts powder coated, cleaned and rebuilt with genuine vw clips!

photo2_zps4f2426b5.jpg

Front hubs rebuilt to after powder coating, ABS ring shotblasted and zinc plated.

photo1_zps7ebba269.jpg

Also, just ordered my new tyres for the RS's under my bed!

Edited by ChrisL

Very nice Chris. I have a fair few bit in the boot ready to take to the powdercoaters tomorrow as it happens. :smug:

When does the rebuild commence then?

Thanks Sean, make sure you get the nylon powder coat, its thicker and longer lasting! I also get them prime coated first.

The rebuild has started, I have the subframe fitted and all brake pipes back in place. Just cleaning my coilovers (was going to buy new but due to esculating costs need to keep these for now). Suspension, brakes and steering should be complete by next week leaving just the gearbox and engine to clean and paint.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I'll do that then. I've got my crossmember, fan shroud, front skirt thing, and all the engine bay brackets (apart from the ones for earthing) to go in. Ive just painted my block this evening as well actually. Just the powdercoating and an order in to tps tomorrow too, and I should be ready for reassembly by next weekend hopefully. I get what you mean about spiralling costs though. There are a few additional bits I wish I could have done at the Same time, but I just need to draw a line. It's just aesthetics though and nothing difficult to do later down the line with the engine in situ.

Got most of the bits off the engine so its ready to paint, I was going to get a new sump but with cost rising decided to fettle some of the marks on mine and get it powder coated.

Engine_zps7ebbe867.jpg

Got the gearbox on the drive too and gave it a clean down prior to painting it, pretty pleased with the results

Before:

Gearbox1_zpsaaa0625c.jpg

And after:

Gearbox2_zps4d8c3a83.jpg

Jobs for the following week are: rebuild steering, suspension and brakes so it can sit back on wheels

Also, just realised that Elsecar is a week earlier then I thought so the car definately wont be ready. All out for Stanford no though.

Those hubs look great Chris, look forward to seeing the car at Stanford,

I think Kip & the other concourse entry's will be a bit worried this year !

Those hubs look great Chris, look forward to seeing the car at Stanford,

I think Kip & the other concourse entry's will be a bit worried this year !

Here here, looking brill, keep up the good work.

Thanks but its not original enough to worry the other concours entrants.

Let's see what happen's first Chris. The way you are going this thing will end up right up there mate and it will be deservedly so with the work you are putting in it is truly inspirational keep it up mate ;)

Cheers guys, I've gone down a slippery slope for sure!!!

Just spent 5 hours with a wire wheel cleaning bolts, brackets and coilovers ready for zinc coating.

Hi ,that's epic work your doing there.You have my sympathies about the bolt cleaning.

I too have fallen down the slippery slope ,first a glass out repaint and then countless hours with the wire wheel

as i have had all of the suspension and mount bolts plated and now its powder coating !!!!

we must be mad.

Hi

Now there's a question.

Having built a few vw's back in the 90's including a very well known purple g60 mk1.There was no forums back then.

so no build threads.I guess i should get with the times and write one .lol

Got my coilovers finished today, after esculating costs I decided to refurb for now.

So Before:

Springbefore_zps3dc3d55f.jpg

and after, quite chuffed with these:

Finishedspring_zps31a57195.jpg

Got the susupension built back up, just waiting for my discs to be cleaned and these will be ready to go back on wheels!:

suspension_zps6076f761.jpg

And while the coilovers where being plated I got a few more bits done:

platedparts_zps0c95f869.jpg