ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Thanks James, makes me feel a bit better if thats the colour it should be, the bonus was it came with the cap!!

Yeah mine look's exactly the same I know stoney bought alot of part's for the 32 from the dealer's including this it was obviously still available from the dealer's then.

I think it was about £25, i bought the reservoir and power steering bottle for £44. Its only clean on the top bits you can see, the gearbox is filthy and I took a photo down the back of the engine last night and its got 18 years of dirt down there!

All change when the engine comes out next weekend.

Had a couple of hours on the car this afternoon and this is how it stands currently

20140126_37_zps887bfca9.jpg

I've taken nearly 40 pictures while stripping it down and still worried in the back of my head whether I'll be able to re-fit it correctly.

Any advise on stripping the injectors out and loom from the injector rail please?

You'll be surprised how you remember random little details when you do stick it back together! A year on I still find myself remember things in the rebuild!

The injectors have a little clip on the fuel rail side which just pop off with a screwdriver, The injectors pull out really easily. Well, should do. If not use a bit of soapy water, but you'll have to re-new the o-rings if you do. But just twist to break to seal and pull straight out - there is nothing fancy holding them in, just an o-ring.

The loom simply unplugs from the injectors and the plastic rail is clipped in at the rear onto the fuel rail, in two places. Probably the best way to describe the clips are like a erm.. a bell headed shape split in two. So just push the clip halves towards each other.

Injector removal is pretty straightforward Chris. There shouldn't be any pressure in the rail now as it been disconnected from power for a while. Just be gentle when taking them out to ensure nothing drops in. Obviously New seals are a must. :thumbleft:

Cheers P3rks, will have a try at that. I assume I can just buy new o rings for the injectors?

I'm also trying to work out how to remove the plastic cover that goes over 3 electrical plugs on the front top right of the engine block. Looks to be near the water pipe.

You pull it to the right (towards nearside), it just clips on. Its a little fiddly but it shouldn't need much persuasion. Its the cover for the 3 water temp sensors, the yellow, blue and black ones.

Got the injectors off, what a pig getting the fuel pipes off the rail. Petrol really stings the eyes lol!!

Thanks for all the advise chaps.

Only got the gear cables and clutch pipe to disconnect now I think.

Gear linkages are straight forward, watch that plastic bracket thing, when i loosened one of the nuts it just let go.. Ive got the part number on standby if required..

Thos fuel lines are awful, i changed the lines a while ago and the language was colourful when tackling those clips..

Credit to you mate,hard to start pulling an already mint car apart... Devils in the detail...

Thanks Michael, I've already broken one of the clips on the cam cover the holds the 2 fuel pipes.

The car looked great when you look at the engine bay from a metre away but when you get close and look down by the gearbox its filthy and I guess engine removal is the only way. Plus all the subframe needs doing. Going to take my time and hopefully it will be finished for Stanford and the National day.

Something I noticed last night where the 2 water pipes go into the car bulkhead, and in particular the one that comes from the top of the head. The sponge that packs the hole on the bulkhead is wet, could this be a broken heater matrix or is normally only wet on the carpets?

Good day on the car today, a mate from work came round to help me get the engine out. Suprised how easy the engines come out and we only had 1 snapped bolt which was the passenger side engine mount bolt.

The local 'busy body' popped in the garage and asked what we were doing and I told him we were taking the engine out to clean it. I may be old but I'm not stupid he replied........... so much to learn!

So left with this now:

20140202_9_zpsf40dec56.jpg

Engine on its stand ready for cleaning:

20140202_10_zpsa46556ce.jpg

Tomorrow nights job is to start removing the subframe and suspension.

Edited by ChrisL