ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

The only bit missing from the picture is a steering rack so thats what my money is on..

The shield i need is the one on the top right of your shield picture. The top one isn't fitted on the older VR..

Attention to detail as ever is superb..

Which one? the black or the yellow? I can see where your coming from Paul but your's are ace mate

Are you kidding? This is way beyond mine my friend.

Definately not Kip! My Aluminium (gearbox etc will be getting painted in aluminium paint to reduce maintenance so wont be totally original like yours.

I did want to check with you on the catalytic converter bottom shield, did you get a new one or clean it?

The only bit missing from the picture is a steering rack so thats what my money is on..

The shield i need is the one on the top right of your shield picture. The top one isn't fitted on the older VR..

Attention to detail as ever is superb..

Thanks Michael but not the steering rack, its in the boot of my daily, I'm taking it to work to take the rods off for shot blasting! Anyone breaking a VR with the shield on?

Which one? the black or the yellow? I can see where your coming from Paul but your's are ace mate

Your correct James, its not as good as either.

Chris I really don't think you realise how good your's is and with the bit's you are doing ppphhrr well put it this way when your done I wouldn't like to be the judge ;)

Thanks Michael but not the steering rack, its in the boot of my daily, I'm taking it to work to take the rods off for shot blasting!

Exhaust system perhaps ?

Amazing work Chris !

Thanks Michael but not the steering rack, its in the boot of my daily, I'm taking it to work to take the rods off for shot blasting!

Exhaust system perhaps ?

Amazing work Chris !

tow bar :)

Good god I'll be ashamed to update my thread now in case mine is compared to yours! I've got two sides of a4 for parts I need to order, and I've still not gone to the level you have Chris. I'm on for a grand in additional's to replace a bloody crank seal and radiator as it is! :brickwall:

Thanks but not Exhaust, it got a supersprint for Xmas last year!

When I did the back last year I snapped one of the front to rear brake lines and replaced it in copper and it never looked right. I though I'd best change it so it looked right under the bonnet, then I had a thought that the new one would stand out against the others on the ABS pump so.... I get my new brake lines next week, complete front set inlcuding the ones from the master cylinder that run accross the bulkhead to the ABS pump.

I've also ordered the 2 large ABS pump pipes from classic parts.

Wish I had the motivation to do what you're doing! It's going to look even more perfect when it's done, hats off :)

It's scary the amount of effort some of you guys put into corrados!

Very impressive work. Keep it up.

As I've said several times on various concours threads, I can't relate to it but really appreciate those folks who do keep Corrado's on the road to this standard. God knows VW seem to have very little interest in preserving the Corrado for the future, so its nice there are some real enthusiasts like Chris who'll keep these cars on the road for decades to come.

Looking good Chris.... Hope to see it at a show this year.

Was hoping to spend a bit more time on mine over the winter. It seems a new bathroom and kitchen was priority and taking the my time up.

Its tough juggling family life around doing the car and most my life is spent by a swimming pool with my daughter - 6 times a week to be precise!! I try and get a couple of hours on the car here and there.

Anyway, my new brake lines arrived today and they are fantastic, I got both front to rears and all the other 4 that go into the ABS pump so every brake pipe under the bonnet is new! Alex did a top job on them and cant recommend them enough.

Sorry for the bad picture

photo1_zps41682349.jpg

These 2 pipes also arrived today along with clip that holds them to the bulkhead, new drop links were also in the package

photo2_zpsdb4dc1a6.jpg

Mmmmmmm nice :) the brake lines are a joy to fit too. Bled the whole system with ease in 40 mins :)

They are great but long way from bleeding unfortunately. Need to clean up my ABS pump next but not sure hows best to tackle it.

Fair play to you cleaning all the underside up, that's a horrible job to do but it's really satisfying to know your corrado is as clean on the underside as the body is, well done! The ABS unit itself is a couple of hours to remove and strip, I sent all the small bits like the unions off for plating and then reassembled it all a week later. One thing to note is that there are little filters inside the unions, take care removing them and clean them out! Here are some pics, I have more if you want. Before, during and after! 8usejydy.jpge4evuqud.jpgu2u5a3a6.jpg