sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Quality mate, I used to have a VSR and it made the car so much more drivable due to extra torque.

Just need to chuck some cams in there now ;)

Looking good mate, should hopefully make good power on the RR day.

If you're worried about engine movement maybe think about getting some uprated engine mounts. I've got a vibra-tech competition front and fast road rear/gearbox and the engine doesn't more much at all, which is good as it's pretty close!

Cheers for the compliments folks its slowly getting there

Chris no worries ill try get up to you soon and bring your kit back aswell

Yea chris i had to notch the bonnet , unfortunately my dremmel set on fire half way through so i had to use tin snips to cut it off haha , it looks a mess but iv left enough to cut it neat wen i get a new dremmel so no probs there anymore

Winch - there no room at all , infact iv had to use a nut and bolt to temporery hold the fans forward its that close the the left fan , im going to make up a neat bracket to hold the fans forward permanently so it doesent look out of place

Mic - im running jay renshaws poly mounts from the group buy so there oretty stiff , and iv just replaced the g box mount with a new item so the mounts should be good , i think im going to ask vince at stealth to see if theres any reason why the engine is sat so far forward

Keith you was very helpfull i really apreciate your consultancy haha i owe you a beer , just let me pay it off first haha

Sean you call me jammy but my bank just calls me in dept haha , basically father christmas came to my house early

Looking forward to seeing everyone on rr day now

Ohh and for now no cams but in the future yes , no need for a remap now though but ill get that with cams in the future

Stealth have a nice group buy on at the moment ;)

Ohh and for now no cams but in the future yes , no need for a remap now though but ill get that with cams in the future

Loving the progress mate! SOOOO jelous of the manifold! keep up the good work!

Also if you do get cams, i have a pre made chip for a corrado with cams, bare that in mind if you do it in the near future! keep it up mate!

Haha cheers mate you shouldnt be jealouse not with what ur hiding under yours

Cams will be in the future mate not anytime soon i wouldnt of though but thanks for the offer if i do end up getting them ill give you a shout

Just looked at mine and its about 3mm clearance from manifold to fan

Not had any issues though - using the renshaw polly mounts so naff all movement

Edited by winchbietch

Cheers mate good to know we both have the same set up with no issues

Jamie , yea no map mate it took about 40 miles for it to sort its self out before that it felt broke and wrong , but now it pulls really well , power is there from about 2000 and pulls hard , I seem to have lost a bit top end but I think it's me not the car , only the rolling road will tell

Excellent that's great news, fingers crossed mine will be the same then. I've got my VSR on and it seems to be working fine but still waiting for my bloody wheels so can't drive it. Pretty sure it should be the same and hopefully it will be driveable until I can get it mapped in the spring.

Id say its more driveable now than it was , more torque low down makes it easy , im sure you would see better gains from a map but mine seems fine , just be prepared to drive it for a good few miles before it seems to start taking in to affect , mine kept stalling once id reconnected the battery back up , i think it was due to the throttle resetting and the car sorting its self out but as i drove it longer it got better and better

Few updates for the car over the festive period and after being a slob for a bit decided to actually move out the house and do something to the car , first i fitted the uprated headlight loom which has made a massive difference and afyer going for a blast last night i cant believe the difference its made , just need to get some better bulbs i think

Today i had the tank straps off ! Been on my to do list for ages and iv just been putting it off for ..... Well , 2 1/2 years lol

Started by stripping them down to bare metal then red oxided them and them two coats of quick dry hammerite then back on the car

Also had all the seats out the other day and finally screwed the center console down so its now solid and rattle free and it lines up perfect it couldnt fit better

Also relocated the controll box for the schrick as directed by vince from stealth and re wrapped the connectors and plugs with self algamating tape so its all neat and sealed up

Gave the engine bay a bit of a clean up as it was grafted and thats it

Few photos

Ohh almost forgot that its been in for repair aswell after some nugget decide to hit it on the rear quarter

[ATTACH]76871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76875[/ATTACH]

Great job on those tank straps Matt, they were in a proper state. Car looked spot on the other day, just getting better and better.

If you need hand with anything let me know.