sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Fair enough mate, looks ace though! :thumbleft:

To be fair mate iv been buying this lot for a while now in bits then just storing it up in the loft ,so not to bad but its these final bits that are stretching me now

Few pics of what iv been up to , i never knew how good a wire wheel was until last week !! All the bits have been cleaned decrusted and painted in vht paint and laquered with vht aswell

Hopefully its coming together now

I found the top chain guide has snapped and is really low and the rivets hanging out !! Good job all the chains are getting done

Pics

[ATTACH]80521[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80528[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80529[/ATTACH]

Just the bay to clean now !!

Reminds me of the time I did mine last year, I think I did almost exactly what you have done to the block. I didn't go Red with the cam cover tho.

Good work!

Thanks dave was tediouse doing it but it paid off in the end , would have taken alot longer if it wasnt for the wire wheel that was a great buy

Cheers Hairy its wrinkle red i thought it came out well

Thanks dave was tediouse doing it but it paid off in the end , would have taken alot longer if it wasnt for the wire wheel that was a great buy

Cheers Hairy its wrinkle red i thought it came out well

Looking good mate, I keep coming across bits I haven't painted which makes the whole process stop! We're gonna have some engines that look very similar ;) haha :)

Definately phil although like i said you are going the extra mile mate but it will be a nice car when its done , you and el competing with each other haha

Thanks fla more updates soon

Cheers haggy

Few more bits done

Painted the schrick manifold and lower manifold

[ATTACH]80557[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80560[/ATTACH]

Also gor rid of all the rust of the rad support just got to pai t it up but im struggling with the hammerite spray , it seems really hard to work with and getting good coats on ! Seems to come out clear not black !!

Change the bushes in the rad support aswell while its off

Hoses turned up

[ATTACH]80561[/ATTACH]

There roose ones , i didnt want to have any problems with hoses even though mine was fine i thought id replace

Nearly at a point where i can turn my attention to the engine bay !!

You've got 4 weeks to get it ready and on the road for the RR day at Stealth Matt! I want it done!!!!!!

Oh yeah, good work so far. :thumbleft:

Haha no chance the engine wont even be in till after the 22nd , good news though the gearbox will be at stealth on the 14 of feb wich is all go

What are Stealth doing to the GB?

3.68 final drive with a few new bearings as far as we have discussed , it doesent need a full rebuild it was silky smooth with no crunches when i last drove it

haha nvm eh! Outer joints arent that dear so i wouldnt worry too much! CV163N Is the shaftec part number IIRC!

Btw the Hammerite spray is appalling when it's really cold, I ended up with it sat infront of the heater before using it outside and then back infront of the heater, if it's a part you won't see it might be worth using a good brush and some Hammerite brush on smoothrite

Thanks phill for the parn number , yea the spray was terrible !! Managed to get a couple of coats on and then decided once that was dry id just hammer smooth it with a brush ! It reacted like nitromorz and now i have to start from scratch !! Told you i was having a bad day haha oh well