sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Cheers sean its taking some of the panick away as quite a few people have said this now

Iv got to sort out the gear linkages out at weekend if i have time then hopefully i can bypass the aux waterpump for now just so i can run the car up to temp and maybe drive it up and down the garages

Gonna try wetvac the interior this weekend and fit the loom and recaros as i need them out my flat now haha

Right here is what should be the last major update for a while as the car is done and finished woohoo

Pics say a thousand words so ill post what iv done

Recaros are now in and wired up with the loom from rayne automotive wich was very well made

Im very very happy with these and they feel amazing to sit in

[ATTACH]81594[/ATTACH]

Had to buy a new rad as i had some issues with the cooling system and i exploded an expansion tank !! Basically i thought it was my fault as i left the cap on for the first few minuits and i usually take it of when the water gets to about 60 but it poped well before then ! Anyway i put a different expansion tank on but it still spat coolant out ! What had happend is the seal in the cap had half come off meaning that the cap could not release any pressure at all so a quick change of the cap fixed that one

Anyway the new rad and fans

[ATTACH]81595[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81598[/ATTACH]

All working fine now and happy with my loom , the fans really are good im very impressed with how much air they shift

The rest is just boring **** so ill let the finished article do the talking , it still needs a seriouse detail as its grafted from been inthe garage for six months with no protection

MOT TOMORROW !! FINGERS CROSSED PLEASE

[ATTACH]81599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81604[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81606[/ATTACH]

Hopefully it will pass and i can start detailing it , the only jobs left to do are get it tracked up and bleed the clutch , im now insured again so as soon as iv got the money ill be off down to stealth for some mapping

Looks great Mr bourbon off the forum, well worth all the time and effort. Good luck with the MOT tomorrow, I'll be at the Humber bridge country park in mine from 6.30 tomorrow night if you want to take it for a run.

Cheers everyone all the hard work has paid off and hopefully it will pass !! Im sat in the mot station now waiting for them to start on it

As i was driving here it seems to have sorted its crappy clutch feeling out , its stopped idle high and is now behaving and last but not least it sounds mental !!

Nice work Matt fresh Dragon green paint is immense your mate done you proud there

Looks amazing!

Mine just passed mot with no advisories!!!

Are the recaros much more comfortable than the standard black cloth interior?

I'm debating which seats upgrade to do???

Thanks everyone it still needs a damn good clean and detail its filthy

It passed mot so just need to tax it now and im back on the road

The seats are ace mate i love them , they are very comfy but tbf its been that long since i sat in it i cant remember how the old ones felt lol

Dave the brace is a weichers one , dont buy one its a **** fit and im going to have to have it modified to clear the brake res , load of ****ing about for what it is

Well done Matt how did you get on with the other bits you rang for?

Ohh phil i searched for about three hours , in the end the but i was looking for doesent exist lol id just put hook on the wrong way round lol

Would the brace bar swap end for end and give clearance for the master cylinder reservoir then relocate the coolant reservoir?

Dox it would be a pain to relocate the coolant res as it needs to be hight than the rad as far as im aware so iv just took the bar of for the moment and i have another plan lined up to sort it

Big update on this then as its now fully back on the road and mapped up

Took the time last weekend to travel down to stealth to get the car mapped but it was nearly a wasyed journey , we had a few faults on the rollers bit managed to sort a couple really quickly but the last one a cam sensor fault we couldnt sort and it was weird it wasnt working as id replaced the cam sensor not long ago !! Anyway it turned out to be the plastic washer that fits between the cam sprocket and the bolt wich the cam sensor reads from that we had mixed up when we built the engine meaning all the time it was running a safe map and vince reccomed running 40 hp down !

To cut a long story short vince was mega kind and lent us a little run aroumd to get us to banbury and from there we got a hotel for the night and was told to come back tomorrow so he could map it after he had taken it to bits to fit the new parts

Arrived the next morning and vince was already done and he had wll and truly worked some magic as the car made 201 torque and 230.2 bhp so i was over the moon , one of the highest powers for a nasp vr iv seen for a long time so glad all the bits i researched and put togetjer worked well , vince said torque was a bit low because of cams but because the 3.68 final drive is there its still pulling like a train ! All thats left to do is clean it and go to vw festival and enjoy it

Big update on this then as its now fully back on the road and mapped up

Took the time last weekend to travel down to stealth to get the car mapped but it was nearly a wasyed journey , we had a few faults on the rollers bit managed to sort a couple really quickly but the last one a cam sensor fault we couldnt sort and it was weird it wasnt working as id replaced the cam sensor not long ago !! Anyway it turned out to be the plastic washer that fits between the cam sprocket and the bolt wich the cam sensor reads from that we had mixed up when we built the engine meaning all the time it was running a safe map and vince reccomed running 40 hp down !

To cut a long story short vince was mega kind and lent us a little run aroumd to get us to banbury and from there we got a hotel for the night and was told to come back tomorrow so he could map it after he had taken it to bits to fit the new parts

Arrived the next morning and vince was already done and he had wll and truly worked some magic as the car made 201 torque and 230.2 bhp so i was over the moon , one of the highest powers for a nasp vr iv seen for a long time so glad all the bits i researched and put togetjer worked well , vince said torque was a bit low because of cams but because the 3.68 final drive is there its still pulling like a train ! All thats left to do is clean it and go to vw festival and enjoy it

I take it that's not a standard engine? You running different cams? What else?

Nice one Matt, glad you've got it sorted.

Are you not taking it down to the national day?