sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Looking good mate! Looks like you've cracked on well and got a lot done! While the engine is out take a picture of the brake lines for me, I've copied mine but can't remember for the life of me which goes where!

Haha no piggy backs for chris !

Unfortunately phil the engine is it the only shot iv got is that one of the clean bay i font know if you can see them on there

Some good looking mechanics there. Ding dong!!

for real!!!!

Top work though matt true dedication buddy :)

Ok so lots is happening and ill try to keep it up to date

Iv finished off the engine bay now , i sprayed both sides and iv now re wrapped all the engine bay looms and cleaned the full back of the bay

Hi Matt,

What did Jodie use to clean the washer bottle, looks good as new?

Ian.

Hi Ian, when I cleaned mine out, I used hot water with degreaser, and scrubbed it out with a babies bottle brush, then let it soak in a sink full of hot water and bleach. Finally I washed it all out with hot soapy water and it came out like new too.

Whoa that looks awesome Matt. Top, top work!

If you're one of these lucky sods with an understanding mrs - chuck your washer bottle, expansion tank etc in the dishwasher. If you aren't - just wait til she's out for the day

Hi ian i think we did what sean has already said , it did go through the dishwasher a couple of times aswell haha but the most muck was in the inside and that was removed with hot soapy water

Cheers jamie and yea jodies understanding haha half that cars been through the dishwasher lol , yhere just to good at cleaning car parts !! My rocker cover and chain co ers came out like new haha

I've heard of people using false teeth cleaner to clean out header tanks etc.

Interesting use

Whoa that looks awesome Matt. Top, top work!

If you're one of these lucky sods with an understanding mrs - chuck your washer bottle, expansion tank etc in the dishwasher. If you aren't - just wait til she's out for the day

Dishwasher is what I would have suggested a mate used to all the tanks brake res included

Bugger me my hands are sore haha

Here the progress

[ATTACH]81142[/ATTACH]

New oil filter

New spark plugs ,ones out of the audi tt as advised by vince

And new rocker cover gasket

[ATTACH]81143[/ATTACH]

The exhaust lol

[ATTACH]81144[/ATTACH]

Gear box oil mmmm

[ATTACH]81145[/ATTACH]

And this !!

Its now running but i **** my pants because i thought the engine was making a horrible sound but turnes out it was the power sterring pump that i flrgot to bleed haha

The new tappets must need the oil in them because iv hear better sounds kicking a toolbox down the stairs than how it sounds now

Im sure it will be fine once the oils gets to work

Finally i cant get gears so will have to have a play about with the selector cables ( thanks corrado helpline )

And finally just as we was getting to temp the aux water pump snapped its own head off and spat coolant everywhere wich promptly ended the day with a big **** sake

I wondered if you would pick up on that one fuzzer haha

Cheers graham its getting there bud , sadly depending on how the next few days go this thing might have to go on the back burner for a while but dont worry its all for a good reason

Keep up the good work , I used the dishwasher for cleaning parts too ! . Lol the same thing happened to me with the power steering pump , I filled it but not all the way , I forgot that a five minuet drive will sort out the noises . I started the car up ; I had replaced the sump gasket too) and this horrible noice started , I couldn't switch the car off quick enough !

Im not planning on it rob and hopefully i will still be a le to git all the parts that i have aside for it and theres is no way ill be selling it , but basically we have veen given an opertunity on a house we cannot let slip so itl have to wait , hopefully once its sorted it will have a sweet new home to live in

As for the engine my heart sank haha and i did exactly the same , the relief when we removed the aux belt and fired it up was massive as the boise stopped and me and a mate both clicked that it was the power steering ! And im deffo hoping that the tappets sort out as it sounds like a tank !! On the up side the cams sound nice and fruity from the exhaust

Looks good now it's back together mate, I can't wait to be At this stage but it's a buggar about the water pump

Thanks mate im pleased with it now but iv got some issues that need sorting , hopefully yhere isnt nothing massive that can go wrong i just hope the tappets free off haha

Mine did the same Matt. I was panicking like mad I cocked something up. I kept checking timing, took the inlet back off and spark plugs back out to check inside the head and bores, took the rocker cover off, but just couldn't find anything wrong. I started it 4 or 5 times letting it run a minute longer each time whilst I was showing people that might know what it could be, but then it started getting much better the last couple of times. I then just thought sod it, I'll just have to see what happens. So I let it run, gave it a few revs, and it sorted itself out. :dance: