EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

nice pics & glad it is running well - i do love your wheels! lol

fingers crossed about the piston ring

i see you have the devils own kit in - any verdict on it & how it is performing? am i right it basically helps run more power but with lower oil temps? it looks tidy in the boot anyhoo :)

on a slight tangent - is your the place your dad works at mega money for body & restorations? i know they work with porker's etc & the gallery on the site looks tidy, do they offer any guarantee's on the paint work?

also, have they any experience with plastic welding

i need to start looking into places for the VR but i have been burnt by body shops previously - as my poor VR bonnet displays currently :(

Its decent, comes in very late though, very high up the revs, i might tweek it abit, against Vinces advice, but wanted it in a bit earlier than past 5k RPM.

Ill PM you with regards to restoration work.

Its decent, comes in very late though, very high up the revs, i might tweek it abit, against Vinces advice, but wanted it in a bit earlier than past 5k RPM.

Ill PM you with regards to restoration work.

tidy thanks EJ :)

might be worth leaving as Vince has setup for a while, he does know his apples ;) lol

Update, the 1050 mile round trip has highlighted more issues, and cost allot more then anticipated due to needing £300 spent on it in Holland to get me home, now making strange noises.

Burning ltr of oil to every 5/600 miles.

And to top it all off, the paints fu cked and i now need the bumper painted after someone drove into it in Belgium.

DOING WELL!

ahhh poop! glad you got there & back ok though m8

how comes the spend in holland?

i thought vince had got it running nice or did you skip the head gasket for the moment?

how was the trip other than the bad things? cant belive you got dinged in belgium, was it bad?

was the time at MIVW worth it?

The Corrado, with every part /spare and mod included, will be up for grabs in the not so far future.

Baring scuff on front bumper and rear arch. Also CV joints in need of replacement. Going to be around the £10k mark with current prices in mind and receipts for over £26'000 worth of mods in the last 3/4 years (over 30k spent). Pushing around 330bhp on a LSD with Meth, Cams, Injectors and millions of other mods. Go through the build album on my profile for info.

This is just a heads up for anyone particularly interested in case anyone was wanting it as a few have said they do..

Just chucked another £5/6k at it in the last 3 months and its still needing a few bits and its come to a point where i cant do it anymore and have had to draw the line.

Please save me any negative opinions and keep them to yourself.

Admins, this is not a for sale thread - i am aware you cannot use your build thread as a for sale thread. This is merely an advanced heads up for the soon to be sale post, as when i construct a proper for sale post it will be on many websites at once and i would like to give the corrado forum members ample notice.

More info and official advert to follow.

additional Parts included will be full good condition original leather interior, original speed lines, spare tyres, all factory parts that have been replaced (that's allot of shizz) Sachs Clutch, flywheels all sorts.

Sooo... how much you thinking for the leather interior? And what colour is it? :)

Sooo... how much you thinking for the leather interior? And what colour is it? :)

See, i wanted to sell it all together, should i break it, i will give you first refusal.

Its tough, would kill me to see it go in bits, but cant deny its full of parts that many will want, brand new diff, charger, coilovers, interior, and so on.....

Such a shame, I haven't been keeping up to date but saw you were having problems. I know you're probably at the end of your tether with it but is it worth parking it up and considering options?

Seems the problem is with the vr engine, 4mo's are going for next to nothing these days and you could probably sell all the vr goodies and fit a 4mo engine, strap your charger on and have change left over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apologies for jumping right in and trying to scalp something decent - I know you won't have come to this decision lightly, and know exactly where you're coming from with frustration and having to just call it quits before it breaks you financially and mentally!

Take some time to think about it. Walk away from it. And come back to it with a fresh head in a week or so. Engine transplant proposed ahead is a good idea, but I know that they can be a nightmare too in terms of wiring and bespoke parts so - may not be exactly what you want at this point in time!

Think breaking it is going to be my best bet if I'm honest. In its current state can't see it selling needing these few bits. Will put together a decent advert over the next week or so see if it goes as a whole. If not will be taking it apart and selling I'm pretty sure. Updates to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got any coping methods?

Im finding it hard, like genuinely difficult.

What is life without a fun car?

bless you EJ - i would be missing it too :'(

i missed my valver from the very second it drove away & even though i now have it back i wish i hadnt sold it back then

my problem is that i just dont seem to like the majority of other cars over how the rado feels. the seats, the cabin & the sheer fact that even after 15 years since first owning one i still look back at them every time i walk away after locking them

you know your only solution dont you ;) lol

bless you EJ - i would be missing it too :'(

i missed my valver from the very second it drove away & even though i now have it back i wish i hadnt sold it back then

my problem is that i just dont seem to like the majority of other cars over how the rado feels. the seats, the cabin & the sheer fact that even after 15 years since first owning one i still look back at them every time i walk away after locking them

you know your only solution dont you ;) lol

hahaha dont, just dont!

Living and trying to stay living in oxford is my issue, house prices are ****ing ridiculous, and if i ever want to get out my mum and dads, being one of the seemingly minority without a rich family to give me hand outs, i gotta make hefty sacrifices, once i get in somewhere i will once again start saving.

You're not the only one without a sudden windfall to help you onto the property ladder! I'm hoping to buy a place closer to York in the not so distant future, and sadly 'because York!' appears to warrant house prices being ridiculous. As it is my G60 is in a lockup with a blown engine because I simply can't afford to fix it properly at the moment (likely wont be on the road for a year or so :()

Would be a shame to see it go, especially considering the work you've done to make it 'yours' - been following the thread for a while and while a full audio kitout (in the first place) wasn't my cup of tea I can atleast accept 'different strokes for different folks' and all that.

It looks nails, as well, the wheels fill the arches nicely, the ride heigh looks perfect (if a little low at the front for my tastes)and the smooth bumper really set this off as something not to be mesed with.

It's terrible now for first time buyers, its a joke really. My first two bed flat back in 92 was £59000. I was looking at prices of houses and flats the other day, my old nans council flat in west London is now 300k ! . Really feel for people nowadays. If you can afford to rent , you can pay a mortgage, it's that ridiculous deposit, which you can't save because you are paying huge rental costs .

Update, Im now a home owner, however im missing my Corrado every day, i think about it about once every 2 hours. EVERY DAY. hindsight, dont be so rash, keep the car you created, wait a bit longer for a house.

Gutted if im honest.

Typical me rushing into things haha

Debating proposal of a buy back, haha

do it, do it, do it!!! lol

seriously though m8, do it

life is too short to be having regrets that you ponder every day & miss something so much

i too have only recently brought my own house, into my 3rd year now, & about 90% of my wages go on just direct debits with everything else like food & fuel out of the tiny bit left

the result being that i struggle to have anything left to spend on the house restoration & as such if i have a car bill then it has to take priority over the house - i can do without carpets or a lawn mower or a shed or decking etc & concentrate on things i can improve for little money, it is amazing how an old beat up door can be transformed with some sanding & elbow grease lol

it is by choice i would rather maintain the rado's - & that bit is key really, choose what you will & be happy with the choice

5 minutes behind the wheel of the VR with its beautiful sounds & i am grinning from ear to ear & loving that i am lucky enough to be able to drive one of my childhood dreams every day

get it back & keep it this time! :D lol

do it, do it, do it!!! lol

seriously though m8, do it

life is too short to be having regrets that you ponder every day & miss something so much

i too have only recently brought my own house, into my 3rd year now, & about 90% of my wages go on just direct debits with everything else like food & fuel out of the tiny bit left

the result being that i struggle to have anything left to spend on the house restoration & as such if i have a car bill then it has to take priority over the house - i can do without carpets or a lawn mower or a shed or decking etc & concentrate on things i can improve for little money, it is amazing how an old beat up door can be transformed with some sanding & elbow grease lol

it is by choice i would rather maintain the rado's - & that bit is key really, choose what you will & be happy with the choice

5 minutes behind the wheel of the VR with its beautiful sounds & i am grinning from ear to ear & loving that i am lucky enough to be able to drive one of my childhood dreams every day

get it back & keep it this time! :D lol

I like you trail of thought, haha

Amd yes about the restoration, my house is in right need of work, doing one room at a time, very satisfying when you do the work yourself and see if start to finish!

Ive got some thinking to do, also need to think where the non existent money is coming from haha

Hope you're well mate

I like you trail of thought, haha

Amd yes about the restoration, my house is in right need of work, doing one room at a time, very satisfying when you do the work yourself and see if start to finish!

Ive got some thinking to do, also need to think where the non existent money is coming from haha

Hope you're well mate

thanks fella i am pretty good, struggle sometimes but try to keep a smile on my face

my house needs lots of work too but i tend to flick between rooms doing what is essential & what i can afford at the time.

i find trying to start & finish one room at a time a bit daunting & often cant afford to do a complete room in one go. plus i also struggle with motivation coming in stops & starts

i am in the midst of being diagnosed with asperger's & some days just getting through a day at work can leave with me zero energy or motivation once i get home

the sunny weather & a drive in the VR pretty much never fails to raise a smile on my face & a quick whip round the clover leaf gives a very satisfactory dump of adrenaline - it is one thing i can almost count on almost every time to ease my emotional imbalance

plus, in the past 3 years of house owning i have found having the time to let thoughts develop on how i would like rooms etc to eventually be has allowed me to chop & change ideas until i am happy & then commit to making it a reality. often meaning i only need to do it once

we all need an escape & for some of us we choose a rado to facilitate that

good luck with the thinking, let your heart lead your mind for a while & ponder on its needs & desires

I might of messaged the owner,

I also might have a mental issue.

Who knows.

Don't blame you... I think I would too.

After reading your build thread I think I would of been pulling my hair out.

Don't blame you... I think I would too.

After reading your build thread I think I would of been pulling my hair out.

I have been, been miserable since the day it left.