UseOnceDestroy

Rear Axle Bushes

Mine are just starting to crack after 80k miles, genuine fitted by Stealth - still feels fine though but I reckon 100k is a good interval.

Kev - there are a pair of genuine VR ones on eBay for £21 each

You mean there were ;) ;) ;)

ive just been in to check after buying new injector seals and the rear beam bushes for a G60 are 43 euro each!

guess ill be using tax-free form then......

I need to tackle this one some time. I have a spare rear axle - is it easier to clean this up and fit the bushes to this and refit as a complete unit rather than attempting to do the same on the one on the car?

Get it blasted and powdercoated first! :) You'll never be bothered to take it off again once it's fitted...

I'd love to, but its too big to fit in my cars so i might just clean and hammerite it instead. This powdercoating business has really got you hooked Stone!

I'd love to, but its too big to fit in my cars so i might just clean and hammerite it instead. This powdercoating business has really got you hooked Stone!

Actually you can easily fit a rear beam into a Corrado along with 3 people.

Just split half the rear seats and away you go, I did it with a VR beam complete with discs etc.

just to jump into this thread..

Are VR6 rear bushes different to the G60/16v/8v's?

Just have some weatbix on the day and some help.... We loosened everything up when removing, both removed the bolts either side after undoing the ABS sensors and down she came! I think I said something along the lines of **** me didn't think it was quite that heavy but with all the items on the beam it all adds up. Mainly because the shape of the beam as its ockward to hold and balance the weight but it all happened smoothly. 3 people, makes re fitting much easier.

To be honest, a good wire brush on a grinder and a nice paint job should see similar effects. It's not like it's majorly on show under there.

I think he meant 3 people in the car with it Rams.

It's a piece of **** to do on your own. Just support it with trolley jacks front and back and once it's all unbolted lower it down and the do the reverse to refit.

I am going to get one powder coated and rebuilt and replace it all in one go. No point trying to do it all on the car and I need the car as a daily.

Jay