Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

Thinking of making the trip. My boy will be 5 by then, does anyone bring a kid to these meets or is that not the done thing? cheers, Jon.

I will be bringing my 2 boys,5 & 2yrs.& wife.

Good stuff, folks, like reading the good reactions the National Day 2012 is getting so far.

Do sign up on the CCGB calendar thingy here so I have a better overview of how many cars will be attending, stuff the organisers at Brooklands all get very excited about.

Oh, and the more the merrier :)

Tempest

And just a gentle reminder that membership runs from 1st May to end of April so all attendees will need to have either paid their annual subs before hand or renew on the day.

So much easier though if you are paid up in advance for us all Lol!

Thanks!

Really cant wait for this :)

I'll be there as well - sounds like a not-to-be-missed event to me! :D

Just need to ensure my membership is up to date... think it may have lapsed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will most def come to this, will pop down the day before and get a hotel room so dont have to drive far with a hangover.

Looks like I will be coming to this, tried to register but I haven't got my membership number yet!

Put me down though please.

Thinking of making the trip. My boy will be 5 by then, does anyone bring a kid to these meets or is that not the done thing? cheers, Jon.

For the first CCGB meeting at Brooklands (25/08/1996) we were on our way from Chesterfield to Bournemouth in our first Corrado, G43 KUH, for a family holiday so attended with two kids and a car filled with bags, push chair and buckets & spades!

You can see me and my oldest daughter in the second photo next to the centre car, fourth row. She was 6 at the time, now 21! The kids loved playing in the planes and with the Brooklands cat......a cat which later went on to trash Jeremy Bromley's tent and finish his day off in fine style considering he arrived on the back of an RAC transporter due to a seized gearbox in his G60(?)

Can we sign up for the CCGB and pay our £10 for the year on the day for this or do we have to pay for it beforehand?

Can we sign up for the CCGB and pay our £10 for the year on the day for this or do we have to pay for it beforehand?

Yes all welcome to join on the day for the 2012 year. Anytime from 1st May onwards if anyone wants to join in advance on the CCGB website and you can now even use paypal. :)

Excellent, thanks Kip, will do that then. Do we need to sign up anywhere for the day so you get an idea of numbers?

We'll probably get a list going nearer the time I think just so we have a rough idea, 50 plus would be great as I think the biggest collection we have had recently was the 20th anniversary celebration at Stanford Hall in 2008 with 48 Corrado's :)

Cool, will keep an eye out for it then....

Right.... except I'm not currently a member of the CCGB so can't sign up to anything on there. So are you saying we have to sign up for a membership this year and next to be able to go?

No not at all. Anyone who is a current member will be able to add themselves to the list but they will still need to renew from May 1st onwards so if you are not currently a member I'd wait till May or join on the day. Will add a list on here for those who want to join the club on the day nearer the time. :-)

Just to add- the CCGB Membership system is in the process of a complete overhaul. It's archaic to say the least and is being streamlined/modernised, so will be much more efficient re: sending new kits out etc.

Nice one Eric, put me down for this one. Had a great time earlier this year, when a bunch of us staged a Southern area meet, and drove to Brooklands for Breakfast. A day enjoyed by all, with so many interesting exhibits to see from the world of Motorsport and aviation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I renewed my membership this year but I've got a sneaky feeling I didn't. I can't get on the ccgb to register my interest so will say so here. Looks a brill day out. Has anyone local got any recommendations for a good pub with b&b? Bit too early in the year for camping for me.

I cant log into the club site as it says I owe subs which im sure I dont..... I remember going through all this in the past & got bored. Eric Im a member can I please be added to the list?

Cheers, Chris.

I cant log into the club site as it says I owe subs which im sure I dont..... I remember going through all this in the past & got bored. Eric Im a member can I please be added to the list?

Cheers, Chris.

Chris, I just checked and it says your membership is fully active and that you joined in the summer. Did you get a new card?