VAG-hag

US Spec Blue Mirror Glass Wanted....

I have some with some aqua blue wing mirrors..

Can't remember what they are worth tho so make me an offer

Enthusiast: Offer for just the glass?? £20? Can collect if you are still in Sheffield?

Dragon; cheers mate... ill look them up.

I ordered a set of DDI ones last year. Only to find they have the stupid "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" message scribed onto them.

I see the ones on ARZ Tuning's site are also DDI, but appear not to have this message.

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p10344_VW-Corrado-Blue-Tinted-Wide-Angle-Mirrors.html

---------- Post added at 9:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:56 PM ----------

Is it as easy as they say to peel off and reapply the heater element?

(sorry for hijacking the thread) :)

Turned out a bit of a disaster. Firstly, they posted me the mirror glass and charged me even though they knew I didn't want it. Then it never arrived. And they made me wait 2 months before giving me a refund, minus shipping fees! Not impressed with DDI.

I have bought quite a few things from ARZ though and they have been cool.

I e-mailed ARZ about their blue glass, because I couldn't see any inscription either !

Turns our they are the DDI glass,and they do have the writing !

The writing is the only reason I never bought any

Anyone know the VW part number for it? Might be available direct from VW on classic parts?

I think the Blue tinted stuff is produced by DDI only. Original plain glass is probably still available from VW. Two options I see. Either buy standard glass and tint it yourself (if possible). Or we contact DDI and do a Group Buy for a one off run of Blue Glass without the dippy warning.

I thought the UK was bad for Health & Safety warnings. But really, "objects in the mirror appear closer than they are". What's next? "Warning sharp edge" on a knife or "warning, flammable" on a box of matches?

Well, they are a nation heavy on litigation and had to put warnings on fast food about it being hot!

I don't see what the big deal about the warning on the mirror glass is, personally speaking. It solves two problems: Widens the field of vision and stops night time glare. After a week you don't even notice the message any more!

aye... good one. Are you currently in Germany Mike?? Fancy being part of a GB & then sending some over here?

aye... good one. Are you currently in Germany Mike?? Fancy being part of a GB & then sending some over here?

Confused !!

Aren't DDI in Canada !

Confused !!

Aren't DDI in Canada !

I was just gonna say the same. We need to talk to DDI in Canada who produce these. If ARZ Tuning made them I would be happy to get involved in organising a GB. My relationship with DDI isn't great since the episode I mentioned previously. So best I don't get involved in talking to them directly. But I think there is a demand. With more cars on the road using HID lights, it's becoming increasingly annoying driving at night. An auto-dimming rearview mirror would also be nice.

Just so you're aware DDI never did a RHD version. The curved mirror on the drivers side is great but the passenger mirror is totally useless. It literally may as well not be there.

I kept them as my car was aqua blue so I liked the blue glass, but if I was to buy a set from a group buy they would have to sort out a RHD version.

Just so you're aware DDI never did a RHD version. The curved mirror on the drivers side is great but the passenger mirror is totally useless. It literally may as well not be there.

I kept them as my car was aqua blue so I liked the blue glass, but if I was to buy a set from a group buy they would have to sort out a RHD version.

So we need to find a good way of tinting the standard glass blue. Can't be that hard. But not my forté.

Man that stuff is such a nightmare. Although on such a small area it shouldn't be too bad.

Awful memories of trying to tint the windows on my Golf and the film attacking me. Almost mummified in the back of the car.

Film will de-laminate though if exposed to the elements. Maybe there's some method of dipping in liquid tint? I dunno, just clutching at straws. Hijacked this poor lad's thread too much already.