devilmatt

Corrado club GB...

I just joined up to the Corrado Club GB as I have had Cs for years and thought it was about time. On the forum for the first time, I noticed a destinct lack of posts and replies and at the bottom of the page it says there are only 249 members, compared with the 2123 users of this forum. Is there any reason why people don't sign up to the club? Maybe this forum is seen as being the main and most useful source of info and discussion? Or maybe the advantages of being a club member is outweighed by the £10 fee. Who knows? :-/

Forum was here first on the web with a lot of chat and info from people working on their cars (although strictly the yahoo group was first), the club has been running longer and has organised many great events around the country for many years, has public liability insurance etc.

get involved in both is my advice the you won't miss out on anything corrado related :)

Despite a few niggles I have previously mentioned with the Corrado club I feel it's best to be a member, as well as using this forum. As David has mentioned public liability insurance is required wherever enthusiasts gather with their cars......not sure if it's a legal requirement, but in these days of ever growing litigation it's sensible.

The Corrado Club is or should be in a position, along with other clubs to put pressure on governments, stopping them passing new legislation preventing such things as modifying cars from manufactures specification.

Other countries already have this, and believe me the Uk will get it too. Anyone remember the motorway go slow by the MAG last year? Yes once they bring this in for motorcycles cars will be next!

Just imagine, no lowering or even changing wheel sizes, never mind performance enhancement?

So join the club, £10 is nothing and you get to put your car on the club stand at shows.

You also get a 10% discount with GSF, and I get up to 17% from VW depending on what the item is. Saved me a fortune over 11-odd years of ownership

CCGB is more nose heavy, but has more power as standard and only needs timing chains looked at every 100k or so, whereas the CF is more nimble with it's smaller engine but is more easily modified for more power but needs the charger serviced every 45k miles.

CCGB is more nose heavy, but has more power as standard and only needs timing chains looked at every 100k or so, whereas the CF is more nimble with it's smaller engine but is more easily modified for more power but needs the charger serviced every 45k miles.

Off topic but PMSL..

Discounts sound good, as does the extra power as standard, but I had no idea about the possibility of new laws banning any kind of mod though. That would truly suck. I don't think my little runaround is nice enough to be put on any CCGB stands either. Maybe one day. :sigh:

Don't worry about the condition of your car and putting it on CCGB Stands.

The majority of us attend these shows due to them being great opportunity to meet up with other Corrado owners from around the country, plus to meet up with old friends and have a chatter a laugh. The weekend shows are best in my opinion for really getting to meet people.

So some folk clean their cars all weekend and enter the Show and Shine Events, others - like me - often turn up with dirty cars - and sometimes don't even clean them then.

Just remember all these cars are old now, so many are not in good condition.

Yeah, she's not looking bad for her age. I've decided to go to a show or two this year as I've never been to a be meet before, which is a bit poor of me really. Would be good to meet some "others".

We don't bite, well not until we know you better and have meet a few times !!

Look forward to meeting up.

You also get a 10% discount with GSF, and I get up to 17% from VW depending on what the item is. Saved me a fortune over 11-odd years of ownership

Do all VW dealers offer discount with CCGB membership?

My other half had membership with CCGB, but didn't renew it after she had to sell her VR. We're just debating whether to take out membership in my name or hers. Worth the few pennies for the membership though, imo.

yeah yeah.. but why does everyone have to forget about the Corrado Database :(

Why are all the meets etc so far away from me? Ponders, I would really like to go to them but 2 or 3 hundred miles takes a bit of explaining to She who must be obeyed, occasoinally

Hey

i Emailed the guy from ccgb today(andy I think) as I haven't had anything in the post from when I signed up in sept.

There halfway through a database overhaul atm but should be back to normal soon.

Can't wait to read the newsletter lol

First meet of the year, Stanford Hall, already posted up on the events calendar on the CCGB website. Get your names down, excellent little show.

Actually the AGM at Gaydon Museum on the 1/4/2012 (not a joke :lol:) is the CCGB's first meet, where all new stuff that's happened over the last year (and all the usual fun and frolics) will be covered.

Tempest

Why are all the meets etc so far away from me? Ponders, I would really like to go to them but 2 or 3 hundred miles takes a bit of explaining to She who must be obeyed, occasoinally

We're desperately looking for volunteers to organise meets. Are you volunteering? It's not exactly practical for us, who all live down in the south to suggest meeting dates and venues for an area of the country than none of us even know!

Didn't know that. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

I had the same thought about the stands too. But it's not really a "stand" as such, more just an area in the show where you all park together. I used the CCGB stand for GTI International last year and it was my first year of owning a Corrado. It was just a small area of grass where we could all park together. But it means you don't have to hunt everywhere to find fellow Corrado owners and, equally important, as you're in the show area itself you're confident the car is safe and no-one will scratch it or dent it in the car park.

For £10 a year the club is definitely worth it.

I've heard of some VW places that won't do discount for any club, but there are a lot that do. It's worth asking (nicely!).

Originally Posted by Wullie viewpost-right.png

We're desperately looking for volunteers to organise meets. Are you volunteering? It's not exactly practical for us, who all live down in the south to suggest meeting dates and venues for an area of the country than none of us even know!

quote_icon.png

It's a thought and I'm tempted but this year I'm organising monthly poetry nights to try and revive the "Arts" heritage in the town, about another six or seven events for the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film festival, working with the Local Authority arranging Fringe events for the National Mod's visit to Paisley. This in addition to my usual round of "literary events I attend regularly. It's hard work being a poet and performer of traditional music.