petemcr

Audi S3 Ronals on my VR

Just thought i'd post these and get everyone's opinions on them, my mate had these spare, so I nabbed them off him, and with a bit of messing with the the right tyres I managed to get them on the other day.

I can't decide if they're too big or not, sometimes I look and they look high, then I catch a glimpse in a reflection and they look spot on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51048[/ATTACH]

the only problem with 17's is you have to have rubber bands instead of proper tyres. I'm not saying I want massive profiles I just like to see a little bit profile :)

cheers everyone

I was debaiting getting some coilovers fairly soon so I can lower it a bit more on them, one thing I do love about them... they're massively wide, so no need for spacers and they sit flush with the arch.

coullstar, how much have you lowered yours by? yours is sat perfect on them, and where'd you source the VW caps for them hahaha

Ebaytastic for caps. I got a set for my old alloys & i was supprised how good they were for the price.

P.s Love the colour & the wheels:thumbleft:

To me that just looks like a VW with Audi wheels on it. I like wheels to blend in, be an integrated part of the car, not be the main focus of the car. And that's the problem with the Corrado and 17s. Your eyes are drawn away from the car and onto the wheels.

VW actually got the overall look absolutely spot on with the VR6: 15" Speedlines. Job done. And I say that as a man who's had nearly as many different sets of wheels as Coullstar! I've been on 15s for over a year now. I'm never going back to 17s :D

To me that just looks like a VW with Audi wheels on it. I like wheels to blend in, be an integrated part of the car, not be the main focus of the car. And that's the problem with the Corrado and 17s. Your eyes are drawn away from the car and onto the wheels.

VW actually got the overall look absolutely spot on with the VR6: 15" Speedlines. Job done. And I say that as a man who's had nearly as many different sets of wheels as Coullstar! I've been on 15s for over a year now. I'm never going back to 17s :D

kept my old set of Speedlines for that reason, so i'm not limited to one set... I love it with Speedlines, but I wanted a change, every Corrado I see has them on... probably for that reason you said though, but i'm loving these for the time being

best thing about these alloys is that will swallow huge brake conversions.

haha that did cross my mind the day after I put them on :D

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ebaytastic for caps. I got a set for my old alloys & i was supprised how good they were for the price.

P.s Love the colour & the wheels:thumbleft:

cheers man

Mate everyones personal choice is there own if we all liked the same things how boring life wud be ehh

Mate everyones personal choice is there own if we all liked the same things how boring life wud be ehh

I know yea, it's awesome that everyone on here isn't the same as they can be on other forums... has to be OEM, or it gets hated on

tbh, i'm not a great fan of the speedies, perhaps one of only a handful on the forum, but its a subjective opinion. The silver Corrado looks nice with the Audi rims, the only thuing with larger wheels is the handling, if they're too heavy. I have tt comps (in the summer) which are actually quite light so the steering doesnt feel too dissimilar to the speedlines on it at present.