CazzaVR

Bristol Volksfest 8/9/10th June *UPDATE p8*

Bump- will need to have final numbers soon! Surprised we haven't had more takers- it's a great show!

I'm in. only live up in portishead and have been for the last four years with a group of mates. its a brilliant show. is there any way of me camping with my group but leaving the car with you lot, popped over last year and although the quality of your cars was far better than mine, it would be nice for it to be with some others.

oh just out of interest CazzaVR, my missus lives in Charfield, don't suppose yours is on the left hand side as you drop down the hill into charfield opposite the pear tree pub, only i see one there on the drive everytime i go to see her and when i saw wotton under edge a lightbulb went off, lol.

Hi mate,

You're in! Not mine- that one has been sat there for well over a year, tyres slowly deflating :( I'm in Wotton.

Fine if you want to leave the car on the stand and camp somewhere else, so long as you're a paid up club member ;)

ooops, no offence meant, lol, actually reading your spec should have known it wasn't yours. shame its just sat there rotting, what a waste. excuse my ignorance but i wasn't even aware you had to pay i thought i was already a member, i'll look into it and make sure i'm all paid up before the day. just replied to the thread about the brooklins national day, definatly going to that in a couple of weeks, so looks like i need to get the wallet out and pay up a couple of memberships.

just afraid mines going to be the ugly duckling, lol, at least it'll make all of yours look extra nice!!

max,

Mate, trust me, there aren't too many perfect ones around. Mine's got loads of things that need to be done!

You'll only need membership for you, as it's your car- don't worry about passengers! ;)

oh just out of interest CazzaVR, my missus lives in Charfield, don't suppose yours is on the left hand side as you drop down the hill into charfield opposite the pear tree pub, only i see one there on the drive everytime i go to see her and when i saw wotton under edge a lightbulb went off, lol.

I went round to that house one day last year to see if they wanted to sell ( I live in Charfield)- they said they did but have not got back to me :shrug:

Will definately be going this year, had a great time last year. be bringing the corrado and the t5 pickup, see you there!

there's a premier inn at the top of the hill :)

Good idea! Not thought of that. Can you post up a link as I've no idea where it is.

Good idea! Not thought of that. Can you post up a link as I've no idea where it is.

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BRIBAR/bristol-cribbs-causeway

here you go bud, i'd recommend getting a tent and getting in on the camping action though - much more fun then a hotel!

you might struggle with a taxi up the road too if you were planning on boozing..

Right, going to get my membership sorted tomorrow, that'll set it straight for volksfest and the brooklins meet, happy days. Think my lot are going up Friday, but if there's a convoy happening i'd love to partake, when and where, you thinking saturday morning again guy's??? Hoping to get her back this weekend with hopefully obd2 and a new exhaust system....just got to get this week over with first:bonk:

Max,

Yep tent would be cheaper and used elsewhere too.

If you want to camp with us Dave my son has a tent that he uses for festivals, etc that you can borrow for the weekend, you'd just need to sort out a sleeping bag?

Ian.

If you want to camp with us Dave my son has a tent that he uses for festivals, etc that you can borrow for the weekend, you'd just need to sort out a sleeping bag?

Ian.

Ian, that's a kind offer, thanks.

Been saying to myself that I should buy one for Summer weekends so if I don't get one in time I'll possibly take you up on your offer.

Dave

Shall I put you on the list then Dave? :)

Will let you know shortly.

Lovely job, just registered with ccgb, so you can confirm my place on the stand if that's cool and not to late. this will be my fifth year at this show, it was the first one i ever did, its my favourite of the year, always great atmosphere. anyway, had a good look round all your lovely carslast year so will be nice to have mine join in, hopefully not look to rough, lol! just hoping she'll be ready, half way through obd2 conversion and new exhaust, manifold, been a bit of a nightmare but fingers crossed the stars will alighn and she'll be there. if not i'll be hitching a lift in the beatle, lol. see you there.