ChrisL

Hit & Run...

Driving home from work in the Rado tonight, pulled out from a roundabout and the young kid next to me decided he wanted the same road as me. I now have a nice dent in the rear wheel arch and scrape round the wheel.

Not content with hitting my car, he decided not to stop. I pulled along side on the dual carriage way telling him to pull over but the kid in the passenger seat was just laughing! I ended up ringing 999 whilst chasing him down a dual carriageway towards my village with the police telling me to stop following him. I stopped following after the police said they had an address for the car.

Spoke to the police tonight and I need to make a statement, the earliest appointment is Sunday, they will then start looking into it.

Not sure when, but eventually they will go round to the kids house and question him, best case if he admits it he will get summoned, worst case if he deny's it and no CCTV then he will get away with it....

Wish I'd kept following him now!

Police are not after sorting my car / insurance claim, just to follow up his failing to stop and failing to report a RTA.

Looks like its going to cost me a stack, lucky I didn't have the RS's on or one would now be knackered!!!

Bet he doesn't admit it....... Sorry for the long message, I'm absolutely fuming!!

Feel for you, scum like that are the reason are premiums are so high !

Hope you get a result, and the scum get what they deserve

Very sorry to read this. Sadly I think this has the hallmarks of an occasion where the guilty party gets away with it, leaving the victim to pay the price. Really hope you get what you deserve. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Guys. Sadly I think nothing will come of it. I'm sure they will deny all knowledge of it and that will be it. Even if he admits it, I will still have to argue with insurance companies on who's fault it was.

Cheers Guys. Sadly I think nothing will come of it. I'm sure they will deny all knowledge of it and that will be it. Even if he admits it, I will still have to argue with insurance companies on who's fault it was.

Unfortunately this will more than likely be the case. My cousin had a similar thing happen to him and 2 years later insurance were still looking into it.

Feel for you mate.

I have a friend that could possibly get the adress of the car no promises but if nothing comes of it and you get screwed i would of thought we could do something about it ! I hate this sort of thing mate its soul destroying when it happens to you

Cheers for the comments all.

Generally I wouldnt use the car in the snow and it had just started when I left work. The roads had no snow on them so it can't be blamed.

The car was bought to be used really and can't afford to run a third car, plus it is garaged and washed every weekend without fail including under arches and stuff. Shouldn't be any different to summer use only really.

The only good point is that I had the speedlines on, if the RS's where on then one would certainly have been knackered! Definately makes me think that I should change them for RH's!! Plus I may need the money for repairs....

Little sheeites. The Police won't be able to anything without proof, and I'm sorry to say the Police won't give a damn about your car either (my uncle was a copper now retired). In this instance you have two choices: Tail them home and go to town on their car with a woody, or accept the fact you've been unjustly punked.

Lets hope you do see them again though eh...

I'm convinced that dashboard cameras are going to be the norm in 5 to 10 years from now for this very reason.

I'm convinced that dashboard cameras are going to be the norm in 5 to 10 years from now for this very reason.

And not a bad thing really - will help but a stop to a lot of this crap. Have considered getting one myself just for my own backup / defence in the event of an accident.. they're not mega bucks.

Dash cams huh? Not a bad idea at all, I'd be game.

Edited by tentonhammer

I've been thinking of writing a dash can app for Android for a little while. There are several on the market already.

If in-car cameras are introduced as a government initiative, you can guarantee they'll tie it in with the speedo and a camera facing you aswell.

As for the scrote who damaged the car, I would have followed him and performed a citizens arrest of the rough kind.....

Edited by Kevin Bacon

If in-car cameras are introduced as a government initiative, you can guarantee they'll tie it in with the speedo and a camera facing you aswell.

As for the scrote who damaged the car, I would have followed him and performed a citizens arrest of the rough kind.....

This...

You may aswel drive a Prius once that happens.

Unlucky with the car mate, hope you get it sorted.

Amen to that! Sometimes it's the only way!

Got to make a statement at police station on Sunday (earliest appointment), the police will then start the investigation. They have his address, just hope he admits to doing it, this still wont get the insurance sorted though.

Just read this...poor skills mate :(

Surely your insurance will trace his insurance through the Insurance database anyway, so you should still be able to claim off his!