Kevin Bacon

I'm amazed this R32 motor even runs....

.... never had an oil change by the looks of it!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5631086-Change-your-oil-kids

Surely, the garage are larking about and have 'dressed' it up to look like that?! Looks like it's spent the 60k going backwards and forwards on the Paris-Dakar!

Holy sheeite! I've never seen anything like that!

I know several people at work who "can't afford" or "don't see the point" of getting the oil changed on their cars.. :| I wonder if their engines look like this. Certainly won't be long before one of them seizes I'm sure.. I can't wait for the day it happens!

Adds new meaning to "Longlife servicing" doesn't it :D Just goes to show the resilience VW build into their engines, cause they have to expect people to do things like that.

I think that is legitimate. The OP is well known and doesn't post Bullsheet.

I don't think this is just simply not doing an oil change even though it says 60k with no oil changes. It looks like the oil has reacted or been contaminated. I read a really good article a while ago which was put together by a group of oil engineers. It talked about caking and sludge, which seems to affect some engines/manufacturers more than others. It was a really interesting article, and made me take notice. I'll see if I can find the article.

Edited by DriverVR6

I had one at work exactly the same... But it was a 1.6 golf v... Gearbox problems, radiator, timming chain jumped a tooth, oil pump (oil pickup pipe was full of that slime) among other things... Bill came close to 3k... Incredible